:facepalm: New Eden Capsuleers Writing Contest - Plagiariser Report

Unfortunately, the post has now been locked and I don’t think it can be edited any further. But Luna did clarify that a couple times.

As far as I am aware you can still make edits, for example, Cilisa Lugara can be struck off from 3rd position for plagiarism and then banned for x future years for the outrage. But this will not happen will it.

The thing is, the reason the plagiarizer was allowed to keep 3rd wasn’t because of the lock anyway, it was because of the role play community looking after its own.

It amazes me how your unscrupulous defence of your incompetence has perpetuated to another day. I say again, you can validly be described as an incompetent judge because you put a fake on the podium, and then once it was flagged, you put all your effort into defending your actions rather than simply admitting it is an outrage.

As a result, you now have knowingly judged, and granted, a faked plagiarised work to the winners podium! HAHA!

And frankly, if Cilisa Lugara can be struck off and banned, I will immediately be satisfied. I will even try to volunteer to judge next year to ensure this does not happen again.

1 Like

You have never experienced much in the ways of challenge or difficulty in your life, have you? This is what counts as ‘an outrage’ to you?

1 Like

I was really enthusiastic about this poetry competition yes, I admit it. There you go. I felt definite feelings of joy and wonder reading other peoples works knowing that they created them from their own inner experience and imagination (mostly).

So yes, I would describe myself as feeling outraged to see the truck jack knifed in order to protect the role play community from an embarrassment.

I am not going to try to compete with you as to who has had the greater experience of outrage in real life. You might win, sure, I live a fairly lucky life compared to others probably.

2 Likes

Can a forum moderator or the CCP Dev come back and lock this thread please.

It is full of personal attacks and insults, please do your job and lock it permanently, enough is enough now.

1 Like

Honestly, we have all learned something here.
I’d recommend keeping the dialog open.

The third place should be given to someone else.

The content copied is more prevalent than own work.

But they found it out before the thread was locked, right? Cause theres a post indicating how they found out one of the guys plagiarized, and therefore they will forfeit the prize money.

So, if they knew this before the thread was locked and had a chance to post something about it, then yes, they should also have removed her name.

It just doesnt make any sense to leave the name there.

EDIT:

Also, this is proof that you can edit a post after its been locked, as ISD buldath has now locked the thread, but i have edited it to add this tidbit.

1 Like

This thread is a train wreck, and this matter should of never gotten to the point it did. It would be lovely if everyone considered this conversation concluded.

Topic closed at OPs request.

2 Likes