New station service - Logistics

Waitwaitwait.

It takes no effort. When it takes no effort, literally, then there is no reason to automate it anyway. Cool! Well done, mate. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It takes no effort. When it takes no effort, literally, then there is no reason to automate it anyway. Cool! Well done, mate. :slight_smile:

The point is that its tedious. Do you not agree? This kind of internal delivery system seems like the most logical thing ever

It’s logical for someone who is lazy, yes. It is not tedious, though. You want to get something done, so you have to do it. You need to understand that your reasoning is an issue, because literally everyone finds some things tedious. We’d eventually have everything automated, including self responsibility and vigilantism, just because roddybaby claims it’s “tedious and annoying”.

There is already a kind of precedent set in place in the form of Asset Safety for Citadels. I mean, no one would bother using them if Asset Safety weren’t a thing, but still…

It honestly just seems like a waste of dev time to me. Without the “within system” restriction it’s a violation of the principles of the sandbox. With the restriction it has seemingly little use outside of allowing the player to avoid contracting a hauler or training for a hauler themselves. If such a mechanic were implemented, how do you imagine it would be used in the daily life of most players?

I’m assuming a lot here, but introducing a scaling cost as a result of density of service use would likely push players to build their structures farther from trade hubs. As a result, seemingly little would change since materials still need to be hauled out to the more remote systems where the low frequency of service cost would ensure that profit margins aren’t minimalized. And if those materials have to be flown out to those hubs with low service costs that are in the same system as the structure of interest…why not just take a few minutes to fly them over to their final destination? It feels like nothing would change except for that one extra step that requires you to fly between two structures in a system.

Maybe I’m lacking in imagination in envisioning how this mechanic would get used and how it would affect industry/player dynamics.

Moving things in perfect safety within the same solar system does not seem like a problem to me. Every action doesent need to have risk. In fact this kind of mechanic i suggest still gives players the option of moving stuff around in a system manually. This way they save money but increase risk.

However if they decide to use the station service i suggested they reduce risk but increase cost. I really dont see what the problem is.

That answers my question as well.

Cheers and good luck! :grin:

Men, you are the one do not understand a thing about EvE Mechanics and Development Design. In other words, what in RL could be a usual thing to do, in this case, teleportation of Items, in a Game like EvE where Risk/Reward is a huge part of it, it do not makes any sense.

Correct, but is why there is Risk vs Reward mechanics in place, a no-risk mechanic will involve no-reward, like undocking. And for your info, depending on where you live is a Risk to undock.

You should check more about live, buddy. Hauling is an Offer/Demand job, if there is no Demand, there is no Offer. So, if there is no Demand in a particular system to haul stuff around, is because they do them selfs. And there is already Offer out there.

2 Sotiyos, 1 building Supers/Titans, the other building the parts needed for the first one. Also a Refinery in the System.

Right now you need Freighters to move everything around and in NS, where you are building this stuff, these freighters can be Bubble far away from Dock Range, if done right. This is the Risk of NS.

If we implement your Idea, building Supers/Titans will be a Risk-Free activity for the Hauling part.

And when I said exploit, is not the referring to “Exploit a bug in my advantage”, is exactly this.

Buddy, you are the one who has a problem with MMO Design, game knowledge and Respectful behavior.

1 Like

OP wants to move things around in perfect safety.

Somewhere he mentioned something about moving a blueprint… Blueprints can be worth a lot of ISK and should never just teleport from one station to another.

I would have to say NO to this one.

I haven’t read this trainwreck of a thread, but based on the OP I have the following comments:

1. CCP NEVER leans towards having NPCs to do what players can/should do. If you want things moved, create a courier contract out to PushX or Red/Blackfrog. You say this isn’t cost effective, I say yes it is. It’s worth what you’re willing to pay, and it’s worth their cost/time. Everything in Eve is a trade between time and isk. If you spend the isk you save time. If you spend the time, you save isk.

2. There should always be risk. That is the mantra in Eve, because that is what keeps the vast majority of the player base addicted.

1 Like

Thread cleaned. Stay on topic and stop insulting, trolling and flaming each other. Next time all involved forum users will receive a forum warning.

We did our best but OP kept himself very offensive towards others opinion.

1 Like

You missed the almost more obvious exploit of moving the completed Titan between keepstars across the universe.

I’ve not tried to do anything like that (heck I haven’t even got a super) but I know that if I were moving a Titan from Malia out into deep null, my butt would be puckered every single second I was thinking about being logged in away from support.

1 Like

I cant believe the stupid in this thread. Holy ■■■■.

1 Like

It does seem like nearly everyone forgot that you were talking solely about within-system transfers.

1 Like

Thread is closed, please remove.

2 Likes

Remove yourself troll

Trolls like Alts damn everywhere.

You call me a troll without any reasons just because you are mad, and you are mad because you angry with your opponents who - all dumb and can’t understand your brilliant idea. While everyone got pretty much clear explaining to you about your idea and consequences it brought along with it. But you prefer stay opposite to the death of this thread.

Good luck.

1 Like

fabulous rod, just with a new name. we shouldn’t receive a warning, he should be removed.

@isd_eshtir you’re insulting the rest of us, by letting this guy just keep behaving like this. just by LOOKING at his older thread i linked it should be damn obvious who is the main problem around here!

there is zero reason to tolerate a person who refuses to behave like a decent human being. that is all.

1 Like

I have to disagree, risk does make everything better. The chance of having someone ruin your day is the corner stone of eve.

Any trader likely moves assets within the same system becuase they’ll want a buy order to be at least system wide to increase exposure, even if they really want the item in a particular station.

And miners will do as well. A drop off station might not be the same as a refinery.

I buy ■■■■ tonnes of ore in a system, then consolidate it (within system) using freighters and orcas, and not just one. Then compress/refine and move it. This idea would reduce my work load and risk by quite a bit. I wouldn’t need the freighter fleet i have at the moment. I doubt I’m alone. Just think of the amount of traders in perimeter with buy orders in the area. Rather than having to goto all those stations and structures, they only have to goto a handful, if any. It’s a lot of traffic to remove.

You could theoretically move 100 freighters worth of assets, trillions of isk, without undocking.

You dont think that is a troll post?