[news] Republic Fleet Requests CONCORD Help in Search for Missing Ship in Molden Heath

Of the four redacted elements, the first two are fairly obvious. The first is the name of a crew member (the captain, most likely) and the second must be the name of the vessel. Any such communication would begin with those two identifiers.

Scary thought: What if this is ‘playful communion’?!

I agree, and it’s my point. We don"t know of the last two are speaking of the same entities.

oh? because they do are obvious in their abductions (page 14 )?
and it was 2 years ago. I’m sorry, but a rogue drone boarding, with the current swarm, the seemingly political turmoil that rogue drones seem to be in with the triglavians alliance and the help of the SOE and their hacking implants AND the recent illegal drone technology booming in the capsuleer’s (those whogot executed) but ALSO about the new drone implants on the market.

All of this show that rogue drone tech is fairly compatible with informoph technology. Is it that hard to imagine a new kind of drone infantry?

1 Like

Would drones be referred to as ‘infantry’, though?

1 Like

on a battlefield, no
on a “normal” battle no

BUT

what we got there was a live report, not a well thought one, written with cool head.
it was written under fire, while being boarded, maybe the last seconds you have to send the relevant piece of info.

And to be honest, I see a humanoid shape getting out of a boarding pod, with a gun and an armor.

yes, I would call it an infantry, because it’s the most close thing I can think of.

1 Like

What little can be gathered:
Attacking force seems to be singular unit, though impossible to know what all was redacted. If so, it is capable of pinning down a navy vessel with heavy fire (size and class also unknown but presumably at least cruiser sized), disabling engines (stasis webifier/grappler? Or something more exotic?) and is big enough to launch boarding parties.

If a single unit, most probably a battleship sized vessel. A single vessel would be most likely, multiple vessels would carry bigger risk of being found out.

My guess: Triglavians. We pulled the Drifters into K-space, would only make sense Triglavians would follow suit. As for minimal damage despite heavy assault, I would wager as creators they have considerably better control of the entropic disintegrator than us who just stole it.

3 Likes

We don’t know, I agree. But we have context clues.

We have encountered a [redacted] in Minmatar space and are attempting counter measures.

Redacted #1 is something that is forcing the Navy ship to take countermeasures. Even if we skip the next sentence (which suggests that Redacted #1 is heavily bombarding the ship), then it is still a hostile element in some way.

Wait! No! We’re being boarded. [redacted] infantry have breached our defences and are now attempting to…

And Redacted #2 breached the ship’s defenses.

It is perfectly acceptable to assume that there are two entirely different hostile pheomena in the same strange area of space, independent of each other, and both are attacking the ship in some manner.

However, the simplest solution is usually the right one, and in this case it’s easier to assume that Redacteds 1 and 2 are related, if not the same.

2 Likes

and that’s my point.

When I said “different” it does not mean “unrelated”.

1 Like

Seventeen minutes ago, you said:

This suggests to me that there is doubt in your mind as to whether they are the same entity, and that is what my last breakdown addressed.

humm…
I may have poorly choosen my words then ^^"
I’ll take an example.
In abyssal deadspace, if a triglavian with rogue drone support attack you, they are 2 separate “entities”.

like the sleeper and drifters (as other example).

2 Likes

In a situation where the speaker is as agitated as you describe, I don’t know that they’d stop to say ‘infantry’, though. It’s not like they’re specifiying ‘we’re being boarded by something that isn’t a spaceship or a tank’, you know? If it’s a boarding pod or something like that, they’re just say ‘we’re being boarded’.

The fact that they specify infantry seems significant.

1 Like

humm…
yes ^^"
my point

isn’t the fact that rogue drone could have infantry significant? ^^"

((I seem to have problem explaining my thoughts ^^" sorry for the inconvenience, it is not intentional and you have advice, please be free to tell in MP))

1 Like

Yes, but the significance there would be that the infantry are drones. Even if the ‘under attack by’ is Rogue Drones, that doesn’t mean the infantry are drones. They could be trigs. They could be people working with the drones.

I’m not saying ‘it’s definitely not drone infantry’, just… ‘we don’t know enough to draw that conclusion’.

2 Likes

I said that I"m “inclined” to think that. I’m not stating it IS, sorry if it was not clear.

and saying the infantry is not rogue drone join also what I said about their allies.

2 Likes

It could be, certainly. Or we could all have different ideas of what ‘infantry’ means.

When I think ‘infantry,’ I specifically think of foot soldiers armed and in formation. I don’t have much military experience, so I have no idea whether that’s accurate, but that is the image that the word ‘infantry’ conjures for me.

So I’m a little more inclined to imagine this ‘infantry’ as Drifters or Triglavians, based on our known data.

Who knows, though, at least for now? Maybe you’re right, and rogue drones and Drifters or somesuch coordinated the bombardment and boarding.

We don’t even know if triglavians have bodies in the common sense.

For all we know they could be a perfect combinaison of mutaplasmid and “normal” organism.
Based on my research I’m really tending toward a very blurry line between “organic” and “technology” and not in the crude way drifter use.

1 Like

They did have those survival suits, which looked pretty humanoid…

1 Like

oh I agree, that’s why I said they don’t have bodies in the common sense, I never said they were not humanoids.
But when you look at the evidences, the suits could be relic of a long gone era.
But the simplest explanation is that they use the suits because it’s what they always used.

1 Like

We have evidence that at least indicates a baseline humanoid form: the suits, the construction of their ships (suitable for baseliner crews). Do you have evidence that actively supports any claim for a non-humanoid form, or a pure infomorph existence?

1 Like

I just said that I’m inclined toward humanoid form, I’m just saying that we don’t know for sure.
And for the “pure infomorph existence”, I don’t have direct evidence otherwise I would have included it in my list of facts about triglavians.

for their ship, we don’t know if we have crew inside.

And a pure infomorph existence is a thing we know that is possible. they could use bodies only when you need too. It solve a vast majority of living in abyssal deadspace.

1 Like

Well, the only parts of AD that we know about appear to be live-fire combat testing facilities. I dunno about you, but I wouldn’t want to see what outsiders would come up with about our living conditions if the only thing we let them see was firing ranges.

As for the body issue… you said we don’t know if they have bodies in the common sense… if there’s no evidence to suggest they don’t, it’s just as reasonable to say ‘we don’t know that they aren’t tiny pink horses’.

1 Like