Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

Sure, and the legal exemptions a capsuleer has will always make Kim’s threats to sue people a stupid sentiment, which makes sense since she’s a stupid woman who flies a Dominix in Haatomo.

4 Likes

That’s a bit too many uses of word ‘stupid’ from a person who really shouldn’t be allowed to use this word.
Well, with exception of talking about herself.

Even if not many do, they will have the data. A lot of it is logged in CONCORD files already, and even if a handful of people will return, they will have the intel too.

So, does that mean that if there’s actually a Big War, most indie capsuleer leaders of today don’t need to expect to get to fight glorious fights at the borders or orbits of homeworlds? They’ll be stuck in conference rooms instead, consulting.

1 Like

More or less this. We wouldn’t be allowed to exist if we weren’t useful. And not just for the empire navies, but with ever increasing threat profiles we (the “independent” capsuleers in general) provide valuable services such as clearing away Sansha and other pirate-classed entities so that they don’t have to, capsuleers have spearheaded anti-sleeper and anti-drifter tactics, and CONCORD merely needed to say there’s advanced technology that-a-way and people were scrambling over each other to get into the Abyss.

2 Likes

I don’t wish that on anyone, believe me…

It’s a better day than some I’ve had.

1 Like

It’s hard to imagine a capsuleer who hasn’t had absolutely terrible days.

Considering even the average day in the life of a capsuleer, I’ll happily be a comfortable consultant, really.

3 Likes

Last Friday was pretty nice, and that ended with my ship blowing up and being stranded in Gallante space in a logistics cruiser solo… Depends how you look at it.

1 Like

Speaking as someone who has spent most of the last five years in conference rooms, I relish what little time in the pod I can afford anymore. But, surely, if you want the thrilling experience, sign on as an industrialist consultant. They will pay a respectable salary to sit in front of someone who has summoned you to make use of your many years of experience as they best see fit.

When the only known reliable reserves of quantum entangled helium-4 that allow the pod interface implants to function are held by CONCORD signatories, it is the wise capsuleer who has already picked a side in the eventuality of a future conflict in which the Yulai Accords are dissolved if they desire to continue to be a capsuleer.

2 Likes

Bananas aren’t as rigid and therefore their opinion is wrong.

1 Like

Pumpkins are more rigid than cucumbers.

1 Like

:thinking:

Pumpkins win!

1 Like

Ow. Just ow.

2 Likes

Also pumpkins can be WAY bigger than cucumbers.
One more win point!

1 Like

Girth is important when it comes to gourds, and I think all of us respect your preferences in that regard.

2 Likes

Actually, sir, would you maybe be willing to give us a little bit of that history?

I’m fuzzy on his background, though I know it’s a long one, and I understand I have some kind of history with him myself. But, he shows no interest in even talking to me, so. . . .

3 Likes

I officially confess in liking John’s post and now expect to be reprimanded for misdemeanor.

1 Like

If we’re thinking of the same guy, that’s an unhappy story with an unhappy end.

Unless we aren’t, in which case there are entirely too many prophets on these boards.