Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

I do try to listen. I’m not always successful. But generally, I have been a lot better, other than the special case of this guy, and the one who just made it a point to go pushing buttons and make it personal.

At the same time, though, this is what? 2 instances of casual pedantry in a week? I haven’t gone and started dissecting his spelling and grammar, lack of footnotes or citations beyond the boilerplate same-old-scriptures everyone trots out for every single thing… (seriously, they’d use those same verses to explain why apple pie, not blueberry, I’m sure of it!)

I’m pretty sure a year, eighteen months ago, I’d have as many, much deeper dives into pedantry in a day. And they wouldn’t be in a thread specifically set up for nonsensical crap that nobody but a few obsessives care about.

3 Likes

You may have one macaron. One.

Talk about your shirt.

1 Like

Apparently the students at KIU have rated my class on Takmahl monumental architecture to be “overly difficult”.

So now I have to have a meeting with the senior staff. Great.

1 Like

You should have words with those students for failing to rate it ‘monumentally difficult’.

2 Likes

I hope they won’t detain you for heresy or something like that?
Were you a Sabik practitioner or am I mistaken?

She is one!

1 Like

Yeah, but, unless I’m mistaken about the implications of KIU (Kaztropol Interstellar University, maybe?), so’s the senior staff and probably most or all of her class.

1 Like

Oh, welp, I am sorry, thought about Khanid. I guess she’s 100% safe in KIU then. Well, at least 98%, who know what can happen, maybe there are some loose bricks on a roof… or an old lady spilled some oil in front of a maglev track.

Usually I’d say “safe in Sani Sabik territory” is an oxymoron even for the Sabik themselves, but Kaztropol’s not … actively and violently horrible? Usually? It’s more kind of … surreal.

So, yeah, pretty much.

2 Likes

Have you been there? If so, what is it like?

1 Like

The Languages department can get a bit stabby if people make puns without their authorisation.

1 Like

That sounds like an occupational hazard of a Sani Education System. Make your puns more pointed… then stick them with them.

2 Likes

The city of Kaztropolis is an oasis of civilisation and culture, in the wilderness of the planet of Kaztropol, where fearsome wombats stalk the forests, and their eerie howls echo from the mountains.

Seriously, there’s a 250,000 capacity all-seater stadium for sporting and religious events, Kaztropolis Imperial University, the Natural History Museum, the architectural marvel that is the Great Wall, and much more.

2 Likes

That and Mama-Bearing pilot Kernher. Your nicknaming thing was cute the first four of fourty-seven times; this is how it feels.

Warm and fuzzy?

2 Likes

Excellent history lesson by someone with a past of interfering and disrespecting someones traditional sovereignty under the guise of “Good Course”

1 Like

Then, just as now, a course for Pator is a good one I would think.

1 Like

I suppose it’s easier to convince other people when you believe in the lie yourself.

1 Like

I do not believe it a lie when I say I consider the late Imperial Majesty Damius III did nothing wrong.

I tend to believe it a lie when you open your mouth, at this point.

1 Like