Oh, Good Grief! How dumb do you have to be to {_____}?

…not insure a ship you’re taking into the proving grounds…

Looking in mirror.

3 Likes

Last time i looked at insurance, it was like 13m ISK to insure a Procurer and get 19m ISK back. So really, you are getting 6m ISK for a 50m ISK Procurer.

But when I go into the proving grounds, I ain’t coming out, so anything to take the edge off it is good.

But you’ve already bought the procurer.

When you buy insurance what you’re really doing is betting 13million that you will lose your ship. The payout if you are correct is 19mil.

The price of the procurer itself doesn’t matter. It could cost 20billion isk, you’re still 6mil better off if you lose it.

2 Likes

And when I go into the proving grounds that is a very safe bet.

3 Likes

Solution: Don’t go into the proving grounds. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s just not particularly good betting odds. If I placed £130 on Golfer X getting a hole in one in the next 12 weeks, and was either going to get back £190 or lose my £130…hmm, I’d skip that bet in the first place and put just £10 on a 100 to one bet instead.

You’re free to do so, but…

…EVE does not offer this kind of insurance. You can take one of the insurances as they are defined, or ignore it.

I do both, depending on circumstances.

1 Like

That’s irrelevant.

The only thing that matters is that you get more money back than the insurance costs. The only thing you need to worry about is how likely it is that you will lose the ship during the insurance period

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.