Old Portraits - A Request

Hi Everyone,

First let me start off by saying yes, there’s a bit of shame in my posting a thread for a topic that’s been utterly beaten to death for more than a decade. That being said, I like many of you (or maybe not) found myself succumbed by the nostalgia from a certain 6hr Eve documentary that has me digging up some old records of the past. So here I am.

First, found this “OldCharPortraits_256.zip” bundle from an old hard drive intact and not extracted
I also found a jpg that I had apparently pulled from somewhere named “Nadz_Old” (Below) which definitely looked like a character I created, so I thought I was on to something, maybe I can grab my other portrait also

Nadz_Old

Pilots:
1108834728 - Luvs2Spuge ( A brave knight )
1735111652 - Nadzieijko Andrastile ( Just shoots things I guess )

I spent a few hours getting that bundle unpacked
Searching for my two character IDs seemed to come up with nothing. I thought this might be a Windows search / index issue, so I just tried a quick search via “Everything” to make sure I haven’t missed anything

I have tried pulling a new copy of the bundle down from the Fansites Toolkit branch of testeveonline (Yes, it’s still available). After hours of downloading and extracting, fruitless search again, but I guess I had to be sure.

So, feeling a bit lost here. I thought I might have the wrong Character ID. I searched Google against the old Eve Forum archives and checking the avatar link for character info, it matches what I had, which is also reflected on ZKill. I also have been randomly checking pilots I find in space, and for old characters, I check against ZKill quick and do a search and can usually find their portraits (Which I end up sending them links for, sorry), but not mine…

I just can’t find any information on either of these two ID’s now, which kind of sucks. There’s more than 1.4m files here and I can’t seem to find either that belong to me. At this point, I’m not even sure where the original portrait came from and I guess reaching out to see if anyone has a copy of this bundle or something that might be able to find either or both of these old portraits?

If you have any info or can find these old portraits, hit me up in game, willing to compensate for you time. Not sure why it’s so important to me at this point, but figured I’d shoot my shot!

Thanks for humoring me,
o7

4 Likes

Old portraits + ‘Miner Stories’…

:cry:
:hugs:

2 Likes

Luckily when the change happened I saved mine. I didn’t think there would be a way to get them back later.

Maybe the character ID is off because of one of the changes they made over the years.

Screenshot_20231201_100711

3 Likes

I was hoping the information I found on digging up character ID’s was correct. It all seems to correlate the same way, so it’s the information I’ve been using, but I feel like you might be right, I just can’t seem to find that old info.

I envy you thinking ahead like that. It’s just a portrait to most, but I don’t know, feels like a part of Eve History that I’m trying to fit myself back into even a little bit, I guess.

I’ve started checking the Character ID’s from the “OldPortraits” bundle that I unpacked. These all seem to match up with ZKill currently.

I checked the largest ID in the current folder and found an '09 registered pilot, so their old portrait exists in this bundle by the Character ID listed on ZKill. I tried this successfully with a few other Pilots, newer and older than both of my toons and most ID’s I check from the Portrait Dump, have valid characters on ZKill.

So I guess my Character ID’s are correct?
I have no idea how I came across that portrait I posted…
It would seem some how, that both of my portraits are lost and not included.

Feelbadman.jpg
Feels real bad

I found my old hard drive from the computer I was using at this time. I figured why not see what I can find.

Number of entries for these same Character IDs, but all new stuff.
Found a bunch of really old directories, AppData, all sorts of stuff, but it looks like it was all cleaned up with the update, everything is mid 2011 and newer…
Went so far as to run Recuva on the whole drive for deleted phots in a last ditch effort, without results.

Big sad
\thread

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.