Ongoing login issues!

Good tips and info, but not anything I wasn’t aware of or haven’t tried.

Other than calling my ISP… When I can get to anywhere else I try without issue, including this forum, I assume the problem lies with the one place that is giving me an issue (EVE login servers). Particularly when said login servers have been plagued by issues in recent times and many others are reporting issues right now.

1 Like

@Proton_Power “did you try turning your ISP/CPU/HAMSTER off and on again ?” - Whitehound probably

I dont care if 1mil are online and 10 cant. That means CCP needs to figure out those 10. Not sure bringing up that people cant log in as drama. Actually the threads were pretty quiet until you started the drama since that’s what we will call all discussions now that you disagree with.

2 Likes

Whitehound’s got a point. There are 30,000+ people having no problem. It seems like only a few. EVE is not having problems.

No, actually, it means those 10 are the exception, not the rule, and it’s their problem, not CCP’s.

Yea explain that to your ISP. I can do anything I could before including getting to some eveonline stuff. But there log in server wont let me in… I wonder what they will say…

I get your frustration, but it’s technically simply impossible to guarantee a reliable connection for everyone on the Internet. There always are a small number of problems. That’s just how it is. It’s then fine that you report your problem, but you’re now just getting hung up on it. How’s that going to help?

They haven’t been plagued by issues. The have been attacked. The login service is simply a necessity and a massive attack on them will put them out of service until their address has changed.

My guess is that those who still have an issue with it may have an old IP address cached somewhere.

A simple test is to check to what IP number the address resolves to. This is what I get and I don’t have any issues.

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:	login.eveonline.com
Address: 87.237.34.203

How do I check what mines going to

Hi, its not a technicall or my ISP’s problem, in this case the connections are being denied or shows as nonexistent to my isp or PC, the source of this is the actions implemented by CCP (or any thirds parties) to minimize or avoid DDOS attacks to their server… the plan they take is the common for this kinds of attacks, the problem is they are denying acces to long to ranges of IPS that include IPS that are not attacking the servers… for example, i change my location, diferent IP near same range than thw one i used this morning and i still can’t login.

1 Like

you can’t know that there is only “10” people experiencing this issue do you ? Just looking at all the people reporting there are way more than this. If we take the number of online players provided by CCP we can say that the majority does not have any problem but you can’t say that this is an “isolated” incident

2 Likes

Try nslookup or dig. traceroute and ping may also give you the numeric value.

1 Like

What I know is that 30k+ people are NOT experiencing issues.

Fully agree, they mitigated the DDOS by using region ip ban. I live in a big city so I wouldn’t be surprised there are many infected computers out there

Pinging the address you listed times out for me

Open a DOS box, if you’re running Windows, and enter ipconfig /flushdns to clear out the DNS cache. See if this does anything.

Did so. Says success flushed. However did not fix issue

I also connected my wireless to neighbors internet. Probably same ISP but still same issue

Pinging login.eveonline.com [87.237.34.203] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 87.237.34.203:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Region IP ban…

You can try to create a local hosts file and resolve it for yourself to the above number. See here on how to do this.

However, when you cannot resolve an IP address and flushing the local DNS cache doesn’t help then it’s likely the DNS server of your ISP who is still caching the old value and all you do is to get the old value passed back. Anyhow, I don’t really know what is causing your problem.