Ongoing login issues!

All the bs aside appreciate you trying.

1 Like

The DNS server is resolving the same IP than your DNS server still you insist that it’s an ISP problem…

yeah man… on that we can agree

If this is indeed the case then that’s pretty bad and just the evil one gets when people do DDoS attacks. It means the attack, which originated from many computers at the same time, had one or more computers in your area or on your ISP’s network.

The only way to get around it is to use a VPN. I.e. using SoftEther VPN might help to get around such a ban. It’s free and there are many free VPN hosts to choose from, which may let you login again until the ban gets lifted again.

You deserve to have a problem. :rofl:

you may want to stop helping people on subject you know nothing about

1 Like

It’s you who has the problem and who knows not to help himself. I would already have a VPN up and running if I had your problem …

Who sets the IP Ban? I am guessing CCP right so should be easy as unbannning areas?

This is what I have suspected. It worked for me yesterday evening, after not working that morning. I think they are worried about DDoS during tourney and are going with more of a ‘scorched earth’ policy (yesterday was trial run). But that’s just my hunch…

1 Like

I’m not a tryhard specialy when I pay for something

It’s not very complicated. SoftEther simply installs a virtual network device, which creates a connection to other hosts on the Internet, who run a free VPN gateway. It then uses the virtual network adapter to route all traffic from and to your computer as if you were connected to the ISP of the VPN gateway. So when you choose a VPN Gateway in the UK will it make your PC look like its sitting in the UK and connecting from a British ISP.

Hi, there’s two points with this:

• you should’nt have to have a VPN, you should be able to connect right from your computer. this also increases the cost you pay just for play the game.
  • There is a security risk involved when usin VPN, especially cheaps or free one, beside the issue with the bandwith too, could be an slower connection.

I got your point, but there are more things involved than just “get a vpn”.

Greetings

2 Likes

Exactly Daoab,
https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/203629415-VPN-and-Proxy-Use

It is also possible that the user may connect via an IP address that has a bad history with us.
Should the use of the aforementioned services result in the account being suspended due to suspicious connection history, or preemptive security measures, please contact Player Experience via Support Tickets

2 Likes

You shouldn’t have DDoS attacks either, but the reality is a different one. Your very PC may have a virus and actually be one of the many hosts from which the attack originated. Would you be able to recognize it?

Your are right, it could be that, via virus, id been ddosing CCP and that could happen to anyone without knowing they are doing it… but, if i go to another location (where no one has been playing Eve Online since ever, they don’t even know the game exist) with another IP and another PC (an environment clean to eve & ddos records) i should be able to, at least, get to login.eveonliine.com and authenticate myself… but this is not the case, site says “connection timeout” (with chrome) after a couple of seconds.

My best bet is the ban of large range of IP’s, because IP of login.eveonline.com is correctly resolved from any computer/mobile, the problem is when you try to get there connections are denied/closed/timeout

cheers

1 Like

This is usually the method, yes, and since IP addresses are often assigned dynamically by ISPs is it just not practical to ban one, single address, but a whole subnet.

For example can I be using an IP address, which someone else in my town was using just yesterday. This is due to the nature of DHCP, which many ISPs use to give their customers IP addresses and to do so dynamically.

The only way for an ISP on one side of the planet to protect themselves and their customers from an attack coming from the other side of the planet is to ban an entire range of addresses. And when a DDoS attack makes use of several ISPs then it only gets worse and one has to block several ISPs.

You are right, and like i wrote in another thread, the ban on ipaddress doesnt come from my ISP, it come from CCP or any third parties in charge on fix the ddos issues… and is the normal way they deal with this kind of problem.

The point is that i been playing for one month only and did never have any troubles like this, based on this i suscribed to omega this week but i been allowed to play just 50 - 60% of the time, that’s not a good experiencie for a new user counting that is not in my hands the solution, it’s on them… besides this, the last two days CCP hasn’t write a word on this, not any update or at least say “we are watching more in deep in this issues”, so from m point of view, we have a problem that is not in my hand and CCP is not investigating on this, so if this thing keep happening for a week is better for me to just drop the game and play something else and considered the omega subscription loss.

Greetings

1 Like

WORKING NOW !!!
AT THE EXACT SAME TIME THE ALLIANCE TOURNAMENT ENDED… THIS IS EXPLICIT ENOUGH
THANK YOU CCP…

1 Like

No. It’s their decision to make. If CCP decides to make this their issue then that’s just good practice, but it isn’t for us to say what CCP should or shouldn’t do as it is their business. They are then aware of the problems, they read here and they respond. There isn’t anything wrong here.

However, to try and to want to make this CCP’s problem just isn’t right. They are the victim of these attacks and when banning IP address ranges is the only way how I and many others can continue to enjoy the game then I’m fine with it. Even if it would affect my own Internet connection would I accept it, because I understand the problem, I know how to help myself and I appreciate CCP’s swift and solid reaction to the problem. It’s what I like to see them do when there is an attack and I’m sure you would want it, too. Only now you’re having a problem and don’t know how to solve it.

Can I have your space bank phone ? I’m gonna tell them to not bother with security, that you “understand”

Is the game still not working for you?