2018/08/01 - Login Server Issues

Hey guys,

Issues from the DDoS attack earlier have now been cleared up, but we’re currently having a number of issues with our login servers.

We’ll keep you updated in this thread, with updates as and when we have them.

Apologies for the interruption this is causing. We can’t even begin to imagine how frustrating this must be for you guys.

We hope to have things up and running again soon.

• F
8 Likes

UPDATES:

20:25 UTC

We are currently investigating issues with logins. Please stand by for further updates.

20:40 UTC

Investigation into the connectivity issues is still ongoing. Sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

21:00 UTC

We are still working on investigating the root cause of login issues. We’ll provide further information as soon as we can.

21:30 UTC

We are currently still working on trying to faultfind issues with the login system. More information as it becomes available.

22:00 UTC

Issues with the login system appear to now be resolved. We are currently moniting performance.

— WE ARE CURRENTLY MONITORING SERVER PERFORMANCE —

X47L-Q STATUS:

Battle is ongoing. Node is holding at:

• 100% CPU
  • 10% TiDi

Peak population so far:

• 4563 Pilots
1 Like

so, some of us can not log in since the first DDos.

Would you please reopen the DDOS thread. the issues are not over.

CCP Falcon
Senior Community Manager
2m
Closing this topic since the DDoS issues are now over.

Further discussion of current issues here. 20

… so not DDoS , :thinking:

The DDoS issues are done, this is is a seperate problem.

Continuing to refer to the current issues as a DDoS related problem is misleading.

Further updates will be provided in this thread.

If we’re DDoSed again, it’ll be re-opened.

5 Likes

Your job is hard Falcon. I don’t envy you at all.

Don’t you get itchy sometimes to just click that “delete account” button on some of the people… :smiley:

4 Likes

if we lose ships because DDoS attack will be reimbursement?

If this really was a DDOS attack, then maybe some user networks are still blocked by the DDOS mitigation system.

1 Like

I hope you guys have legal teeth that can sort out this crap. It’s criminal damage to an established business affecting thousands and costing them and CCP in the process.

We’re looking at this right now.

1 Like

Probably brought by Goons®

1 Like

Been waiting on the character select screen for an hour now, meanwhile local has dropped by over 1500 due to disconnects (+_+)

keep DC’ing i hope ccp takes everything they can to these ddos attacker(s)

Thank you for the updates @CCP_Falcon! I was able to log in. Log in was a little slow. Keep up the good work.

PS. Love the blog Dev blog: Login, Database & Chat Issues - The War Continues!

Highly recommend for all to read and appreciate the work being done CCP to make EVE a better place with transparency. Thanks again @CCP_Falcon!

2 Likes

No. You actually really can’t.

3 Likes

kicked again

Dog ■■■■…message ends

same here …

they should be punished for this nonesense

2 Likes