2018/08/08 - DDoS Attack!

Hey guys,

The Tranquility cluster experienced a severe DDoS attack this evening.

Apologies for the login and stability issues that this has caused.

More updates are available in this thread.

• F
7 Likes

UPDATES:

20:15 UTC

Tranquility is currently under heavy DDoS attack which is affecting connectivity and our login system.

20:30 UTC

We are currently working to stabilize the cluster and associated services.

20:45 UTC

We are monitoring the cluster and still working on bringing things back under control.

21:00 UTC

We’re still currently working to stablize TQ as this attack continues.

21:30 UTC

We are still under heavy load and are attempting to stabilise things.

22:15 UTC

The attack on our services seems to have subsided. We are currently monitoring the situation.

Services should now be returning to normal.

We apologize sincerely for the issues that this attack caused.

At this point, all I can do is lol…

3 Likes

Haven’t seen any lag yet in-game. I guess your DDoS mitigation improvements are working better than they have been. Good job!

1 Like

Thousands of potential players just witnessed Ccp’s servers and eve gameplay not function for the “million dollar fight”

Terrible PR

We all know it’s Goonswarm… NCdock was in the middle of disengaging when that ddos hit, so the goal is very likely to get as many pilot disconnects as possible to cut down NCs super fleet. Getting disconnected in that battle is basically a death sentence.

10 Likes

Was wondering why Domain market was taking so long to open. I waited a full minute.

As I said earlier… convenient that this ■■■■ happens every single time there is a major fight - and this time it started with log on issues since downtime…

1 Like

Has there been investigations that these DDoS attacks are related to the player base who is attempting to influence the outcome of these huge fights?

9 Likes

In this case I suggest DDOS stands for “DoomsDays, Oh Sh*t” and the server not being able to handle big fleet fights.

2 Likes

Dammit Goons!

2 Likes

Because we all know the best way to kill a Keepstar is make the server crash until the timer has passed, right?

At this point I really think CCP are mistaking thousands of players repeatedly trying to login as a “DDoS Attack”.

12 Likes

I got a socket closed message on my accounts. I hope you can find out who is responsible for all of these attacks.

SHUT THE DAMN SERVER DOWN TIRED LOOSEING â– â– â– â–  CAUSEE CANT RUN PROPER quit kissing goons butt

3 Likes

CCP, when are denial-of-service mitigation measures going to be implemented, if they haven’t already been implenented? This is starting to get really annoying.

4 Likes

Looks like NCDoS is at it again :joy:

6 Likes

Funny that you say that when it is goons who currently hold field, NCPL is retreating and the keepstar is going down :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Goons actually lost out because of this. Probably a fair number of PanFan titans surviving because of this.

And pray tell why would they do it in the middle of their extraction when a DC is basically a death sentence?

1 Like