Outgrowth Rogue Drone Hive, Wtf did I just experience?

Okay I have recently moved to nullsec and have been doing 10/10 combat sites. This is the first escalation I’ve found the time to do, So I did some research. looked at Backstage Lore and Uniwiki. Both of them showed similar spawns in the first room, 2 cruisers and 3-5 frigates or destroyers.
I couldn’t bring my carrier in, so I went in with my old L4 NI Megathron slightly updated for drone tanking. (Low: 3x armor hardeners+ 1 ADNP, corpus-x AR, 2 MagStabs, 1 Drone damage amp) with some 425mm guns on the top, nearly all my gear is faction modules so it is of good quality.
I went through the acceleration gate to find 4 frigates, 4-6 cruisers, 3-4 battlecruisers and around 10 battleships. All starting out within their optimal range lol, the DPS was insane. With this ship, I never had any problems in L4’s and that was with just 2-3 hardeners, not the 3 hardeners+ADNP I just used.

Luckily I have a MJD so I was able to get out of their range, but not before going to 80% hull, I am about to enter the second room and I have no Idea what to expect. I have found 2 additional guides that vastly understate the number of enemies in the escalation so I am a bit worried.
For context this was an escalation off of a “Drone Horde” site in null, please help lol

1 Like

Okay, in second room now and immediately MJD’d away from enemies for my own safety.
Uniwiki lists the number of enemies in room 2 as Turrets: 11 Frigates: 5 Cruisers: 12 Battleships: 1
Backstage Lore lists the same with 1 less frigate
this guy :http://gamingwithdaopa.ellatha.com/eveonline/outgrowth-rogue-drone-hive/
lists the same as backstage lore.
What I just counted (now that I’m safely 170km away) is Turrets: 11 Frigates: 2 Battlecruisers: 10 Battleships: 16

Why cant I use my carrier in this :frowning:

1 Like

Because it is a very valuable escalation and you are supposed to run them in fleets or at least risk a shiny battleship. With an MJD, however, there is virtually 0 risk in these escalations. They are just a very nice load test for your tank.

1 Like

For reasons utterly lost to time, both the 5/10 and 10/10 are called “Outgrowth Rogue Drone Hive”. The vast majority of guides out there are for the 5/10 (and you’ve checked with two of them).

This should give you a better idea what you’re in for, even if it’s technically in German.

1 Like

I used to do a lot of those and had similar issues at first, mainly because you get a full room aggro in the first pocket. Paladin was my ship of choice, after a few runs I didn’t even had to use the bastion module at all, just slowboated from gate to gate every pocket. I think you’ll get better results over time. Also, the first pocket may be the most difficult one, or at least is one of the most challenging ones

Mega is not a good choice against drones, as you should use EM dmg mainly. They have second best resistances against kinetic

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.