Planetary Interaction General Thread

There could be lots of reason.

1. at some point storage was full and something got dumped, Just because its not full does not mean that it was not full earlier (extraction gets lower as you go through a cycle).
  2. Not routing to storage and factory was full.
  3. Not enough resources, if you are not extracting enough.
  4. If you are making something like P2 or above and have multiple factories some times you end up with the last load of goods split between multiple factories. (IE 1 factory could have 10 units of part 1 and factor 2 could have 10 units of part 2 so neither can start a cycle)
1 Like

still i dont understood what happened.

i dont think that my storage ever was full (not so much extracting resources).

no, routs allways exists and i check them each time i change plan.

if resources are not enough, the factory just donā€™t work and wating to complite the number of resources and product the proportional throwput. 3000 noble gas needed to product 20 oxygen. it canā€™t processed with 1500 to make 10 or use 2000 to make 14 etc. or i missing something on this point? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

i guess the alliens live on planets eat some processed materialsā€¦:grinning:
or products after some time passed without i export them, just broken or soured.
anyway, thanks guys, i will pay an attention next time.

I make 4 P4s, an extra P3, for nanite repair paste, a bunch of rocket fuel and some odds and ends. I have access to a C2 WH where I make most of my P2s but will also go on the market for extra P1s and P2s. I have HISEC and WH operations spread out among 8 toons and am able, when I am not being lazy, to bring 3 billion per week to market. P4s are where the real money lies. Structures take a lot of materials to build and builders of these structures would rather buy the materials rather than go through the hassle of building P4s out of P3s.

Tips on making PI very profitable:

1. Get access to Null, Low or to extract your material.
  2. Work to make P4s, thatā€™s where the real money is.
  3. Train your skills to 5. It makes your production much more efficient.
  4. Donā€™t buy, or sell, P0s, you are wasting your time with them.
2 Likes

Get access to Null, Low or to extract your material.

Highsec planets are fine if youā€™re just starting out in PI, though.

YES.

Train your skills to 5. It makes your production much more efficient.

Iā€™d recommend using a skill injector to do that, though. L5 skills can really eat up your training time.

Donā€™t buy, or sell, P0s, you are wasting your time with them.

Also true. P0 is fodder for advanced processing and nothing else. If you honestly donā€™t want to bother with advanced materials, at least refine P0 into P1 before you head off to market.

I am currently Running 15 P(1) - P(3) Factory Planets in High Sec (with a 6.85 Day Input Buffer).

Shifting into a P2-P4 setup might result in greater Net Profits but there are additional challenges to overcome:

1. P4 prices tend to be extremely volatile
  2. You need much higher starting capital
  3. Finding 6 Temperate/Barren planets in the same system with low Poco taxes, low PVP, and reasonable distance to mutliple trade hubs will take time.
  4. The Return on Investment (Net Profit / Value of Inputs) for P2-P4 tends to be lower, so wealth will not build up as quickly.

For comparison purposes. The P1-P3 setup tends to have a much better Return on Investment (ROI) but you need frequent access to a freighter. It also doesnā€™t have any planet restrictions

1 Like

What do you all think of this as a small enhancement to the UI for PI?

I would love some Improvement to PI, my god has it not seen much.

For one I would love to rename launchpads so I know what is in them, reduce the power/CPU load of links, and just some UI TLC would be wonderful.

How about a list of structures(factories, links, launchpad, etc) I have when Iā€™m looking a the planet so I can select what i want from a list instead of clicking on the UI icon.

Anyone else have some ideas?

1 Like

Lets go and make road signs about it

hi,
on PI i have consumer electronics on one plant and mechanical parts on another. How do i get them together to make robotics.
Thanks.

The Robotics schematic is in the list on the advanced factory. Grab the mechanical parts from your planet and haul them over the the planet with the consumer electronics (or vice-versa). Drop them into storage planetside and then set up factories for the robotics. Always remember to double check your outputs are routed.

Then check them again.

Not that Iā€™m bitter about this.

Nope.

Not at all.

Anybody can tell cycle times for a complex reactor array, for 100 pcs input? On a True Sansha control tower

Thatā€™s for moon mining, not PI. Also the control tower stuff is going to be replaced in a few months.