Please welcome the newest member of the ISD CCL team

All 3 of the movies deviated vastly from the book, although given that the role was previously filled by Vincent Price and Charlton Heston he had big boots to fill in terms of acting chops.

Like I Robot, few of the audience probably realised that it was based on a book.

1 Like

I, Robot: definitely a Will Smith feature.

The writer Harlan Ellison had shopped a far superior screenplay around Hollyweird for years, eventually publishing it as a book with a series of color illustrations. When the Will Smith feature was released on DVD, some retailers packed it with that book as a bonus feature; buyers expecting the printed screenplay to match the movie were in for a surprise :wink:

You may just find yourself at odds with other ISD members, Dorrim specifically - should be interesting!

Since we want draconian forum rules.

The above exchange illustrates a perfect example of an offence in regards to the first section of the forum rules.

1. Specifically restricted conduct.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to courteous when disagreeing with others.

In order to maintain an environment where everyone is welcome and discussion flows freely, certain types of conduct are prohibited on the EVE Online forums. These are:

• Trolling
  • Flaming
  • Ranting
  • Personal Attacks
  • Harassment
  • Doxxing
  • Racism & Discrimination
  • Hate Speech
  • Sexism
  • Spamming
  • Bumping
  • Off-Topic Posting
  • Pyramid Quoting
  • Rumor Mongering
  • New Player Bashing
  • Impersonation
  • Advertising

More specifically, a troll account made to stir ■■■■ up and rumor mongering.

Now with that said, maybe use the thread left open to discuss forum moderation, instead of this welcome thread?

Nonsense, referencing inconsistent moderation is not trolling… it does touch on moderation discussion however…

Asking a new member of ISD what his view point is on some of the more prevalent ‘content’ produced by forum trolls, but not moderated by existing ISD members, is a chance to understand where an individual draws the line - in this case, a positive view expressed by Arranoth, but not in keeping with recent moderation trends…

1 Like

Why don’t you take it to the thread it’s meant for, instead of a welcome thread? I’d hate to start having to hand out warnings.

5 Likes

Well, we could, but you have not answered previous questions in other threads, so hardly a suggestion that provides confidence - that said, I’ll refrain from further comment, here.

1 Like

:clap: :clap:t6: :clap:t3: :clap:t5: :clap:t4:

I assume you play the game. Posting in the forums is like undocking in the game, you consent to nonconsensual pvp. :wink: Welcome aboard, I look foreword to his input! :slightly_smiling_face:

Sadly, ganking is not allowed for ISD. We’re more like Concord.

Wait. We ARE Concord.

2 Likes

Nice try! Bummer on the ganking part.

Are all CCP staff still forbidden from participating in such activities as players?

Yuuup.

1 Like

That’s actually a shame; while I realise that CCP employees must be above reproach when they play the game it means that there’s playstyles that they, as a collective, may have little or no knowledge and experience of.

Oh wait, I misread. I have no idea if CCP is allowed to surprise catalyst an orca.

It’s long been rumoured that the dark side is forbidden to them.

I don’t know if it’s ever been confirmed though.

Then they need more than one acct so they can vent. :smile:

I believe they have to tell CCP who their non CCP characters are, and that those characters are monitored closely; the T20 scandal is the reason why.

It was caused by a dev feeding an already dominant nullsec bloc with valuable BPOs that gave a huge advantage over their enemies; it saw the implementation of the Internal Affairs department and the CSM.

What a shame.

For the life of me, I cannot find this cartoon. Fat Freddie’s Cat from High Times. The vet is getting ready to examine Fat Freddie’s Cat. 1st box, put on conquistador chestplate, 2nd box, put on arm length rhino hide gloves, 3rd box, put on fishbowl helmet. Now your ready to tackle moderating the forums! :rofl:

2 Likes

https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Adventures-of-Fat-Freddy-s-Cat/Issue-3?id=156172

6 Likes