Post your wtf of the day

No, the platform I’m on does not allow shorts, and I wouldn’t really do that anyway. I’m on a market, not a stock coin exchange btw.

I’ll make this post on topic, by making it exceptionally off-topic, which counts as on-topic-WTF. HECK YEAH, I BEAT THE SYSTEM! :grin:

Ethereum is a slow coin. There are lots of it. The https://coinmarketcap.com/ is at 35 BILLION dollars, ranking as the second biggest next to the original BitCoin. There are almost 96 MILLION coins out there, compared to BitCoin’s 16.7 million, though for BitCoin there’s a hard cap at 21 Million+. Ethereum’s price doesn’t go up in the hundreds, it only goes up in the tens. There are so many out there, that many orders range from 20-50 coins, each coin costing a few hundred bucks. Wiping a whole order barely scratches the price.

That’s also a reason why I picked it. Eventually it goes up. It’s not a shitcoin. It’s tremendously stable. At the next low I buy more. I only had 6.9ish. Keeping 1.87~ for further use, because selling it all is dumb. Something unforeseen beneficial could happen. Sold the rest of the coins slowly with the rising price and earned about 60 to 40 bucks per coin.

Sheepish people look at me funny, when i tell them that I am intending to not needing to work anymore next year. At some point next year, not January 1st. Even if it has to be December 31st, I’ll reach my goal next year. I have a few friends who feel the same way about the mediocrity of “modern, civilized” Life, who believe in me. I have no interest in this kind of existence, shared with mindless, materialistic wannabe individuals, in a world created by politicians who ruin everyone’s lives, because of their long term political goals. “The end justifies the means”.

My friends also believe in me, because they know I’m able to pull it off. Took me way too long to realize it as a goal.

Things I’ve learned so far:

1. Buying when the price is rising is like banking scams in EVE ONLINE (see Phaser Inc. as example): Get in early -> Get out early -> Win. In any other case kiss your money goodbye. DO NOT buy in times of heavy movement and growing prices (“BUYBUYBUY!!”), unless YOU ARE ONE HUNDRED PERCENT CERTAIN that you buy at a really early point in time during that phase. When you’re in the middle of the growing phase you’re too late. Further growth won’t pay off enough so you wait, and when people start cashing out, you won’t get to sell at a profit. Not only will buy orders fill faster than you can react, but also because the price will drop below what it was when you bought it. (“SELLSELLSELL!!”)

2. Selling during growth > selling at a small loss > selling at a big loss. It’s dangerous trying to reach for the highest point of growth, because when people start cashing out you might not get to sell to buyorders anymore.

3. Learn to recognize bot-like behaviour on your platform, if possible. Learn the circumstances and situations that trigger this behaviour. Exploit it.

4. When you can do so, watch the orders as they are created, or filled. I’ve been just looking at movement for several weeks, almost all day. That way I’ve learned to spot bots and the platform’s people’s cyclic behaviour, which is exploitable. Balance is a sine wave around a price. As long as there is balance, you can ride the sine wave. As soon as an imbalance occurs (like when China dropped the banhammer) the price fluctuates and Balance is off. It’s important to know that such effects take time to wear off and natural, cyclic behaviour takes a bit to set in again.

5. Be able to deal with regret. You WILL regret. You will regret not selling earlier, you will regret not buying earlier, you will regret not selling later, you will regret buying too late in a phase of growth, you will regret not buying at all, and so on. Going through this mentally taught me once again that Life’s biggest constant is a variable rate of Change, and that regret makes no sense because I can’t turn back time. Also:

6. Learn to be opportunistic. It sharpens the mind and helps taking Life in your own hands.

There. That’s WTF enough. Send me a mail ingame if you have questions, or wanna chat. I don’t promise I’ll look at it today, but I probably will eventually. I’m just taking a break from looking at numbers and programming right now, and writing this post was quite relaxing and distracting. As Dracvlad says I’m not actually logging in anyway, I can enjoy the fact that CSM Steve Wozniak (whatshisnameagain) made a web thingy for in game mails.

Anyhow, growth has stopped. Waiting for a possible, but slow, rebound to happen eventually. Maybe tomorrow.

Ha…haha…

PS: What’s a c.1k max?

Also, WTF :smiley:

1 Like

Learnt something useful, thanks!

PS. c.1k max means about a grand on the table. Not gambled like that for years. The max means was usualy a lot less.

In the spirit of @The_AntiChrist666_Diablo13’s OP, may I now post a wtf moment I had as a result of a thread of his that got closed, but which I enjoyed. It is from 2014 and I am sure is not new for anyone else but it made me go WTF, and is related to my previous WTF at the state of the world, anwhich I love, as I love this video, despite going
WTF

Would love to know if @The_AntiChrist666_Diablo13’s response is also WTF

Mandatory Zizek
I love this video and someone might have to file a petition to stop me posting it in random threads as it truly encapsulates how I feel about many said threads, which I also love, like this video.

Legitimate WTF: I don’t know what this is supposed to be, but, WTF?

3 Likes
2 Likes

She Realy Really like mine-craft I guess?

VENTURES FTW WTF that’s cool

Some of you guys have totally lost touch with reality, just post a video, or something else which is square and add 1 or 2 lines of text if you think it’s necessarily. :lesotho:

If you’re developed please edit your text and move it somewhere else, I don’t even care if you keep it like this I just want to know if you make any sense :gift:

Who is preventing you from opening a thread to focus on things you are interested about? :pretzel:

1 Like
2 Likes

Well, this is downright stupid. What is this even supposed to do? :neutral_face:

Bonus: they’re actually selling this stuff for €1,800! :facepalm:

2 Likes

Sorry, not a WTF of the day, a WTF of the past 25 years. Stairmaster. What, is there a shortage of stairs to climb around the world to climb, so people need some electric powered ones? When these people have a chance, to they take the low tech stairs, or do they let elevators and escalators haul their booties up and down levels? If they have to have motorized stairs, I’d propose that they have to pedal a stationary bicycle thing first, enough to charge up the Stairmaster’s battery. Burn some fatty oils, instead of some fossil fuels. Win, and win some more!

1 Like

More donuts to be holded. :joy:

1 Like

But we already had a perfectly good donut holder.

1 Like

Sahar tabar. :see_no_evil:

Oh Em Gee. This is probably another reason the Amarr religion forbids having more than three plastic surgeries boob jobs or butt lifts. Botox, though: even one use, and you’re kicked right out of the church.

I don’t remember the exact numbers, but:
-The biggest enemies of sunflower seed farmers in the U.S. is wild birds. They eat half or more of the seeds in the field.
-The biggest customers of sunflower seeds in the U.S. are people with bird feeders. About 3/4ths of the U.S. sunflower seed crop goes into wild bird feed.

1 Like

A human body weighing 70 kg contains 7x10^27 atoms. Each atom is 1x10^-10 meters wide. So if we took all atoms from a single individual and made a line with them, that line would be 7x10^17 meters long, or some 74 light years.

2 Likes

Florida Man!

3 Likes

Guy in Taiwan Got Donald Trump’s Face Sculpted Into His Hair

2 Likes

I’d say that ones for the ladies. :sunglasses:

Gamers hired by father to ‘kill’ son in online games
I wonder how dad was able to find good in-game assassins? Anyway:

Xiao Feng, who had been confident of his game playing ability, told the Guangzhou Daily that he was initially shocked and disgruntled that his character kept getting killed after he would log on, but soon he began to suspect that something was amiss.

“There was never any bad blood or animosity between me and [the master game players who were killing me], so I knew there was something strange going on,” he said.

Prof Mark Griffiths, a gambling and addictions expert at Nottingham Trent University told the BBC, “I’ve never heard of that kind of intervention before, but I don’t think these top-down approaches work. Most excessive game playing is usually a symptom of an underlying problem.”

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like