Price of Plex - Market intervention Required from CCP

This past week, I’ve been studying for my finals. During this time, I’ve been running a couple of Abyssal sites per day. Over the last week, I’ve collected this much worth of loots and drops from the Abyssal sites.

Mind you, this is only 1 week’s worth of casual T5 running. I’ll be running a couple more next week and expect to have PLEX’d myself by Wednesday of this week.

Additionally, I mentioned that I also do some Market Trading. Here is my wallet balance over the course of 2 weeks. I simply purchase items, imported them to a hub, and left them on sell orders and over 2 weeks, they slowly sold.

Do you need more proof? Or are you still going to demand that CCP intervene in the PLEX prices?

This is cute. You’re trying to use a point that I made somewhere else on me now, but it doesn’t work because I didn’t claim that I speak on behalf of most players. Good try though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That looks like a ‘‘i can do it’’ post, congratulations; have a cookie.
However, that’s not evidence to suggest the rest of the player base can do it. It also looks like you have a lot of time on your hands; so you don’t have a job, or family… probably no friends.
I do not think your evidence is really founded in a manner that suggests you have taken all vectors into account; far from it in fact. It would seem you have only taken yourself into account.

Shame on you and you looking like you actually have a spark of intellect too!

1 Like

In the real world, neither taxes, scams, nor government trading (in reasonable amounts) are considered proof that a market isn’t free.

OTOH significant prices set differently than market forces would otherwise determine, enforced by a powerful external entity, are a strong indicator that the market is not free.

Note: “reasonable” and “significant” are set in terms of turnover (or perhaps social importance, with things like food prices and rent control)

I find it adorable that the number one fallback insult that the gaming community in general always seems to be “You’re doing something better than me, therefore, you must not have friends or a life.” Just interesting.

Please tell me what you mean by these “vectors” and how they prevent you from doing what I am doing. I’d be more than happy to explain my processes.

1 Like

Self congratulatory statements are proof!!

I can plex too!!

I have 170 million skillpoints and 12 years game playing experience and im unemployed but if i can do it, everyone else obviously can!

Is this more of “I’m just not good enough to make it, therefore, I’m going to insult those who can make it” type of commentary I’ve been seeing from you this whole time?

I can do this on one account. And so can you. This takes me maybe an hour a day. Abyssal sites by their design must be completed in under 20 minutes or the site closes and destroys your ship and pod.

you should tell your ego to stop posting simply to have the last word.

Ah, it’s not just my ego, I’m afraid. I want to make sure that people who read the thread learn that it’s possible to actually PLEX themselves by making ISK in-game, even if it’s on a single character. I would much rather not see more of your type of viewpoint spread around where people stop trying to get better at the game and start complaining about how it’s unfair.

2 Likes

So your saying a one week old toon can do this?

No, and to imply otherwise would be to mischaracterize my message.

My viewpoint, look again; im not even the op.

There appears to be some sort of mental block thing you have going on.

You’re constantly doing this with other peoples posts. Why should you be treated any differently?

You really do think your above everyone else dont you? above reproach?

WoW

Let me guess, you’re going to ask for proof now in some sort of guised insult…

Because your message is one of weakness and complaining. Your message echos “I refuse to get better, therefore CCP should intervene in the PLEX prices to make it affordable for my low efforts.”

My message is one of improvement and “can-do”. Am I saying that a fresh 1 week old character will be able to make ISK at the same rate I can? Definitely not. But I will still say that there are more a variety of activities that the new character can undertake, for example, Exploration (Relic sites) in Wormholes using cheap T1 Exploration ships (like a Heron or a Probe) and make a solid income each day.

One of the messages complains that the game is too hard without taking responsibility to get better at the game. The other encourages players to improve themselves.

Your mischaracterization of my message would be to imply that any and every player, regardless of any factors, would be able to perform as well as my examples, which is most definitely not the case, and I have never claimed as such.

1 Like

Nope, not at all; that is the message you seem to think im pushing bacause apparently you can neither read, nor add.
I want explain it to you a fifth or sixth time; you simply wont be able to comprehend the simple words i am writing.
Can’t be bothered to read the other whiney stuff your writing tbh.

This statement however, is true.

1 Like

I don’t believe you’ve actually “explained” it, more like just thrown insults at people who are able to afford PLEX in-game. But alright. Looks like you’ve decided to concede this point with the approach you’ve taken.

That statement may be true, but is only a minor portion of the whole picture. This is not as much of an impact overall as you might expect. The number of players consistently playing EVE has stayed fairly healthy.

The people who cannot make their own PLEX within a month, and also do not have the means to afford Omega can still play the game, however, due to CCP’s Alpha clone state.

But if it makes you guys feel better to cry doom and gloom about the playercount, by all means. It ultimately does not affect the fact that players who take responsibility for their gameplay and seek to better themselves can find activities that are lucrative enough to afford their own PLEX.

1 Like

Ye lots of people i know are saying atm what with families and stuff they simply dont have all the time in the world to make enough isk ingame to play, and rl is a bit tight atm.

We cant all be privileged uni students that dont have to work to put roofs over our head or food on the plate, its really as simple as that.

1 Like

And that’s completely fine. For your specific circumstance, is there something that necessitates you being an Omega instead of an Alpha clone? You can play a sizeable chunk of the game for free without needing Omega in order to do so.

Ultimately, however, if their life circumstances are that dire, maybe it would be more beneficial for these people to spend the time figuring out their IRL matters before complaining to CCP about being unable to afford PLEX in a video game.

My your particularly condescending aren’t you.

1 Like

Doubt he’s done a days work in his little life.

Maybe he is …

… but he’s right on the facts. CCP has set the conditions for free play: Alpha Clones.

They’ve also indicated (by, IIRC, making it impossible for Alphas to do L4’s) that they don’t want Alphas earning too much ISK, where the definition of “too much” is probably related to “enough to buy 500 PLEX per month”.

CCP also seem happy for the richest players (and botters) to play for free. I don’t think this makes sense for anyone except the privileged freeloaders, but there’s at least one easy “fix” for it, and CCP haven’t used it yet.