PVE content for gankers

While it would probably be entertaining to make the NPCs say amusing things while you shoot them, I think you can already get your fill of tears by just reading www.minerbumping.com while you shoot the braindead NPCs that pass for PvE in this game.

Or better yet, if you want some of those old school tears, take a look back at some of the classic Ninja Salvaging blogs:

Finders & Keepers
My Loot Your Tears
Diary of a Garbageman

Those are some quality vintage tears. Just drink them up while you shoot those new NPC haulers/miners and you are good to go and we have saved CCP some development time they can use on fixing wardecs!

2 Likes

Ya’rr assumin’ I care 'bout any of that. Ya’rr also assuming that every ganker seeks it. What kind 'a person does that make you actually?

Well, i see a lot, and i mean a lot of references to tears around. As i guess they are not about tears of joy, what persons make them that?
But we are not here to judge anyone, i just try to suggest new ways to provide an enjoying experience in EVE, that’s all.

They shoot 'em, ‘cause they can. Stupidly farming tears came only after people started whinin’ ‘bout losing crap in a video game. Ya can claim that this made asshats join the game specifically for the tears, but we ain’t actually seein’ that to the extent that it’s valid to claim that every single bob ■■■■■■■ ganker behaves the same way.

‘s the same with scams. They exist only ‘cause there’s stupids who fall for ‘em. I gank ya ‘cause i can or i die tryin’. We all kill first, when there’s a response it only happens after. Not gonna lie or ignore that there’s people who’re desperate on tryin’ to make ‘emselves feel better by addin’ insult to injury, but the whole point is that when ya don’t make a fuss about losin’ pixels in a video game about losin’ pixels, then there’s not gonna be anyone who’d try to farm your tears in the first place. And let’s not forget about all the people who accept getting ganked as a natural consequence of bein’ in space! Not everyone’s a ■■■■■■■ whiner!

There’s always asshats, just like the asshats above who hate on gankers. Trust me, these guys ain’t any different. They’re seekin’ ganker tears just as much as some gankers seek carebear tears, but they’re far more desperate 'cause they’re teethless, helpless, powerless victims of bad parenting.

We can’t fuckin’ judge everyone of a group based on the few loud asshats.

I like blowing up the ships of other players

I most appreciate when they are good sports, as I am when they blow me up.

But I also appreciate the laugh I get from someone who throws a massive tantrum like a child who just got their favourite toy taken away.

HTFU. Or don’t. Either way, I’m entertained.

No, they aren’t tears of joy. They are generally flowing from adults crying over a video game they take too seriously.

While I don’t seek out tears when I play - I am motivated by higher concerns and personal goals - I am not above taking some amusement in watching others throw tantrums over imaginary spaceships. I mean, if someone wants to publicly humiliate themselves over something as trivial as space pixels, who I am to stop them?

While I am all for the NPCs shedding some canned tears, and some of the most memorable lines from the NPE and epic arcs were from NPCs about to die, I think the real tear aficionados out there would find them a little stale and without taste. They prefer to extract them directly from the tear ducts of their victims, not have them recycled through a CCP database and parroted back by NPCs.

If make you feel better, the NPC AI can be tweaked so his tears and suffering to be focused very clear about losing it’s space pixels ships in a stupid manner.
This way the tears and sorrow being entirely game related, will not cause any cognitive dissonance or guilt feelings into their executioners, and their game experience will be flawless.

Its not trivial to the player who invested time and effort into what they have just lost. EVE makes you jump through a lot of hoops to build things. T2 ships represent regular mining, moon mining, reactions, and planetary. All that time investment and work can disappear in seconds. Lost time and helpless frustration is what spawns some of the invective that can appear in a freighter gank.

It could be “space pixels” to a market trader who bought something in Jita to move out to a mission hub. But it’s not “space pixels” to a player who spent days or weeks filling a freighter with what they built from the ground up.

You are free to counter that someone who looked ahead to how concerned they might feel about losing it all, should not put all their eggs in one basket in a freighter through Uedama.

Yea…one mention of toning down ganking…changing bumping mechanics and the gankers are the ones crying. Who takes the game too seriously?

Fair enough. This is a rare game where virtual assets both have real meaning and can be taken/traded between players. I don’t hold it against anyone who gets angry over a loss or being beaten - I’ve experience emotions over losses in game due to whatever, usually my own stupidity. That’s normal and part of what makes this game great.

Tears though, at least of the rare and delicious kind sought out by connoisseurs have to rise to the next level where you are not just upset over losing a video game, but where you are literally crying about it and blaming everyone else but yourself, or acting like someone has seriously wronged you in real life.

Using the tears metaphor is probably a little overdone now, and many people seem unable to appreciate the nuance of the idea and are quick to label everything ‘tears’ (see post above). But it really was a useful shorthand for measuring success in a sandbox video game as otherwise it can be quite hard to tell when you succeeded in beating your opponent. If they throw a tantrum and start whining that the game isn’t fair, you have direct evidence you scored a significant blow in the game (hence the “already replaced” meme that is intended to deny your opponent that sense of victory although is a form of tears itself). Tears range from the normal banal type, to the unhealthy EULA-breaking vintage, but all flow from the emotions generated by being outplayed in a competitive video game we all play for supposed fun.

There’s probably a whole dissertation that can be written on the concept.

In related news, psychologists now say it is ok to cry during sports now as long as it doesn’t break your concentration:

so I guess that applies to video games as well. If you miss your recently exploded freighter - let the tears flow! Just make sure to have docked up before you turn on the waterworks in case the tears blind you to any further threats to your pod. Who knows, it might help you as from that piece:

"“So if they can normalize that emotional wave, something physiologically that happens, they can do a better job of not being washed away in the riptide by it.”

I think that means shedding those tears will help calm you down and make you a better space ship pilot. I don’t know if I am fully convinced, but it might be worth trying next time you unexpectedly lose some virtual assets!

We do want them to learn, in fact most of us would rejoice the day when all were compliant.

On topic, the NPC mining fleets have served as an amusing training platform for people interested in ganking. Lets you practice with some repercussion but no pesky sec losses.

I seriously doubt that. Dominant Slave Commander is again AFK mining a moon today.

Do you doubt because you yourself would not rejoice? Or is it you do not wish to instruct? Both maybe? It would seem this Dominant Slave Commander vexes you, is this the root of your feelings on this matter?

I doubt because I see CODE actively violating the CODE. No relation or anything to any sort of sentiment.

I know recently there was an issue with some AFK in space, you should bring these miscreants to light as well.

:thinking: Whot if … the ganker population was partly chinese macro bots as well, even the wreck looter

Vegan (aka the dude getting ganked): Hey, eating meat is bad. Just taste this turkey flavoured tofu though… you’ll never need to eat a turkey again because it is delicious.
Normal person (aka the ganker): Why would I want to eat fake turkey when I can eat real turkey?

Who are you in all this story, the vegan, the carnivore or the turkey? :thinking:

To hold in your somehow forced analogy, you eat fake turkey when real ones become to scarce, like before holidays, or very expensive, or they just get avian flu and need to be all exterminated to prevent the spreading of the disease… there can be many possible reasons and scenarios.

Moreover, providing TearsAble® NPC (turkeys) will satisfy all kinds of bloodthirsty customers, and will give them plenty of targets who cannot be exhausted.
Sometimes can be hard to find a flesh and bone victim, as people can be in summer break, or are active on a different TZ, so a surrogate will do it for the moment you feel so badly the need to collect some tasty tears.

lol as he posts another thread crying about gankers. I think you have it backwards, its bears crying for endless nerfs after gankers adapt to the new ones

possibly the dumbest idea ive ever seen, we like pvping not vsing computers, what would even be the point of playing like this? :thinking:

If you dont like other players in your game go play a single player one or one with instances so you can have your “approved” players only

2 Likes

With the exception that normal people pvp and gankers and wardeccers are most likely the magic 4% out of the population. Aggressive player I have no issues with. But this game brings out all the sociopaths.