PvE Roundtable - Saturday 31st of March

then can scan the enter gate. Which will be hard in large systems and good safe spots.

Again I’m fine if pvp won’t occur. Said sites already seems lethal.

You mean just like the complexes in faction warfare?

Perhaps I should have said “If you wish to be safer, consider doing it in hisec”. Beyond that, the people hunting you will have to find you in the 15 mins you have to do the site, probe it down, and get in position. If that’s not enough work to hunt someone down then I don’t really know what level of risk you’d be comfortable with, but it’s lower than what I feel it should be. After all, the lack of information is mutual here as they won’t know what ship you are flying, and you could very easily escape from a traditional destroyer squad in hisec by just using something like an Orthrus that can zoom off faster than they can scram you.

apple and oranges. FW complexes are not so complex in terms of environment :wink: PvE player already is on the losing position, because he will emerge on the know spot, it isn’t happen now withing FW. I can just warp off site, I can’t do it here, can I?

It will be safe doing it anywhere, just because more people are in hisec there will be more chance to find those in HS.

I’ll note that the mechanics of exiting are not known yet and you are assuming they will all be dropped back at 0 - compare that to how gates work, where there is a 12,500m sphere in which you can spawn at any point, which would introduce a notable positional advantage to the exiting player.

remotely boosted insta locking frigate , to hold you from warping (you’re in a cruiser after all) and 5 destroyers to pop you, but hey - these are the risks. It will suck, but your potential loss is no more than several billions after all.

Which means they need to organise 7 people in 15 minutes to catch you, or be roaming around in that group, reducing the ease by which one can catch you when compared to all other areas of space. Which is why you would do them in HS if you were concerned about the risk of losing your ship.

I would expect more like WHs but who knows what inside CCP heads. Stop it there Jin, you just start to seeking holes to justify “a pvp opportuninty within new feature”. From the first I expected there would be system wide beacon on exit gate, the fact that they are combat scannable makes them pretty safe.

Personally I don’t think the rewards should depend on the space you enter from. The site itself is the primary risk to the explorer. The Trig pockets have no concept of the space you enter from. The filaments wouldn’t think to themselves “I’m in hisec, best open a crappy pocket then”. If a player chooses to enter a high level Trig site from hisec they should be allowed to, and then expect a warm welcome back if they aren’t careful.

2 Likes

In all honesty, the safest ships to fly are going to be HACs and HICs due to the absurd tanks HICs can get and the ADC for HACs.

Heck if your in a HAC all you have to do is wait for the gankers to attack and activate the mod and eat your popcorn as they do 1 dmg per volley. Assume that you don’t go suspect in high sec.

I’m playing EvE a long time and I’ve never seen a Highsec system with anything near 12 let alone 24 unknown signatures.

From what i’ve seen, you are typically looking at 1-3 unknowns in a highsec system.

They already organise larger fleets than this in a shorter time to gank highsec freighters.
Do not underestimate the organisation or willingness to log in at a moments notice of high sec ganker alts.
The salt and tears is worth than the potential isk rewards.

I mean yeah, I think every feature having PvP opportunities is a key foundation of what makes EVE the game I love.

1 Like

Which is wrong because it’s asymetrical, pve fit will always lose to pvp fit.

Let me tell you a fairy tale,
once upon a time I was doing DED site in low. Suddenly Curse landed on the grid, suck me dry and killed me. It never showed on d-scan because it is d-scan immune, I never stand a chance because I was fitted for pve. After a few “encounters” like that I abbadoned lowsec sites totaly. The end. It’s asymetrical.

We all agree, even CCP at last fanfest, that pve is mostly done as solo activity. If you bring an argument that I should bring a friend, watch the sentence above. I fully agree that when I undock I’m agree to pvp but it’s not that simple and with current state of the game never will be. CCP know this that’s why they want to test this new triglawian space on TQ without interference of pvp players. Making an ability to combat scan doesn’t solve CSM problems with pvp possibility because if those sites will drop best loot in nullsec we already know that they will be farmed to death by nullsec alliances because it would be super safe.

2 Likes

So is there any desire at CCP to expand the existing mission pool, or is what we have pretty much it? Resource Wars fizzled big time and FOBs aren’t geared towards a handful of players.

1 Like

To add, at this point I don’t even care that much what the loot from this site will be, if they will be farmed, if they will be ganked. I’m trying to focus on the positive side. This is whole new level of pve, procedural content, new environements etc. and if this works it may be implemented elsewhere which would be huge gamechanger for pve.

2 Likes

Not sure what instancing really means but if it’s spawning a site that has to be finished in certain amount of time and is limited to “owner” I must say I moderately hate the idea. First of all it takes away the competition part, the one you expect to have running a DED site and one that at certain point becomes the fun part. Secondly it prevents running stites in a group or multibox and both are fun and pretty common ways of doing pve. Considering we already have AI for that, sites could match to player/s dynamically and allow the sites to be run non solo. Being “ungankable” also takes something away, even from a carebear’s point of view.

One thing I already hate in Trig sites is the artificial border, namely it graphical representation. This may belong to other games but certainly doesn’t belong to Eve. If they had to have a border it could be represented by incoming gravitational,electric or whataver damage that would rise the further you go. Ship could start to burn, disintegrate or evelope in electrical discharges to make it more visible and that would be enough. No borders needed.

Other than that sites look promising. I hope I won’t be dissapointed.

I think what people weren’t really interested with the idea as it would really just be too similar to the already existing missions. To an experienced player, or with MJD kiting strategies, they are all pretty much faceroll difficulty, there wouldn’t really be anything interesting they could do with it. Check out Destiny 2’s Infinite Forest. It’s not very interesting, most people just run through it as fast as they can.

How will it work with Abyssal Deadspace, I can only speculate, but I’m kinda assuming people will figure out what to do and put it on farm mode eventually. Will have to try it when it comes out. Figuring things out and improving on execution is one of the things I like about PVE, and why I really like the burners. That said Burners are pretty much on farm, so I really don’t run them much anymore. There’s maybe a few fits I want to play with, but that’s pretty low priority.

you danced around it very well, That said the problems with what we talked about and the problems with the Abyssal Deadspace are fairly different imo. Sure resource wars were soft instanced, but they had such a risk/reward problem that I don’t think anyone even noticed.

I think the modified items could very well be competition for existing faction/deadspace items. And of course some people will use them on existing faction+ mods and that could create some very strong mods.

risk/reward adapt or die and all that. I think there’s a lot of content already in game that a lot of people don’t want to run. I’ve seen a bunch of complaints about burners being too hard or too much risk, and then I’ve seen other players make very safe fit and farm the hell out of them. And in the Signal Cartel channel there are people passing on info on Sleeper Caches all the time, as a lot of explorers are flying around in ships that aren’t fit to run them. I’ve never run one, or a ghost site for example.

Might want to talk to some Sleeper Cache runners as those seem to be the closest thing to the new Abyssal Deadspace. Seems like a crazy mix of Caches, WH’s, and Burners

they have to go into the FW complex to shoot you. if they warped back to the gate when the plex completed you could use larger ships to hunt smaller ones.

15 mins is a long time to probe someone down. I’ve heard experience hunters bragging they can scan most people down before their probes show up on d-scan.

as for your example, add one suicide scram tackle frig to the destroyer blob. I doubt any cruiser is escaping that. The frig is going to lock first and be faster.

Right so a lot of systems at a lot of timezones will be pretty safe. But there are still going to be some very seriously dedicated hunters. Sure to catch you is likely a low probability event, but to catch someone in general that’s much easier assuming the content gets run by a decent number of people.

As for the going suspect rumor well that just seems awful. In highsec it seems like near risk free gank for the attackers, one or two logi will tank just about any cruiser DPS, and then they need 1-2 dps ships. I’d rather run them in lowsec where I can at least defend myself with an alt or something.

3 Likes

I believe that was in regards to the highest possible sites (4 & 5), which have notably better rewards.

1 Like

That is an acceptable compromise. It means the most profitable site can still be run from hi-sec, just with some risk of player interaction.

1 Like

This is true I would prefer much more suspect bomb going off upon ship arrival on grid in normal space so all parties can be insta attacked(cloak or not) rather than just your buddies getting flagged for repairs against gank/logi fleet.

Blood bath for everyone.