Pyfa - The Python Fitting Assistant

Greetings

I am trying to import this character but when I try I authorize it on the Eve Online server I get the following:

Error! Server response not received.

The local pyfa server may have timed out, or may not have started correctly.

There is also a token displayed. How can I make use of this?

Suggestion:

Would it be possible to add a feature to group a bunch of fittings together and be able to click that group and open up all the fittings inside it.

This would be useful when creating doctrines.

Metamorphosis stats off? Or am I missing something?

Haha! Fixed! That was quick :wink:

1 Like

Selecting NPC damage profiles (the hamburger in the resistances section) results in an error.

I am using the latest Viridian release downloaded today for Windows 10.

Error message:
pyfa v2.53.0
EVE Data Version: 2291895 (2023-06-14 01:48:15)

OS version: Windows-10-10.0.19041-SP0
Python version: 3.7.9 (tags/v3.7.9:13c94747c7, Aug 17 2020, 18:58:18) [MSC v.1900 64 bit (AMD64)]
wxPython version: 4.0.6 (wxWidgets 3.0.5)
SQLAlchemy version: 1.3.23
Logbook version: 1.5.3
Requests version: 2.28.1
Dateutil version: 2.8.2

####################

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “gui\statsPane.py”, line 139, in handler
File “gui\contextMenu.py”, line 116, in getMenu
File “gui\contextMenu.py”, line 265, in _baseGetSubMenu
File “gui\builtinContextMenus\damagePatternChange.py”, line 90, in getSubMenu
File “gui\builtinContextMenus\damagePatternChange.py”, line 79, in makeMenu
File “gui\builtinContextMenus\damagePatternChange.py”, line 83, in makeMenu
File “gui\builtinContextMenus\damagePatternChange.py”, line 37, in _addPattern
wx._core.wxAssertionError: C++ assertion “Assert failure” failed at …..\src\common\stockitem.cpp(213) in wxGetStockLabel(): invalid stock item ID

Right-clicking ‘Reactive Armor Hardener’ in the low slots of a fit results in an error.

I am using the latest Viridian released downloaded today for Windows 10.

Error Message:
pyfa v2.53.0
EVE Data Version: 2291895 (2023-06-14 01:48:15)

OS version: Windows-10-10.0.19041-SP0
Python version: 3.7.9 (tags/v3.7.9:13c94747c7, Aug 17 2020, 18:58:18) [MSC v.1900 64 bit (AMD64)]
wxPython version: 4.0.6 (wxWidgets 3.0.5)
SQLAlchemy version: 1.3.23
Logbook version: 1.5.3
Requests version: 2.28.1
Dateutil version: 2.8.2

####################

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “gui\builtinViews\fittingView.py”, line 666, in spawnMenu
File “gui\contextMenu.py”, line 116, in getMenu
File “gui\contextMenu.py”, line 304, in _baseGetSubMenu
File “gui\builtinContextMenus\moduleRahPattern.py”, line 83, in getSubMenu
File “gui\builtinContextMenus\moduleRahPattern.py”, line 73, in makeMenu
File “gui\builtinContextMenus\moduleRahPattern.py”, line 73, in makeMenu
File “gui\builtinContextMenus\moduleRahPattern.py”, line 77, in makeMenu
File “gui\builtinContextMenus\moduleRahPattern.py”, line 45, in _addPattern
wx._core.wxAssertionError: C++ assertion “Assert failure” failed at …..\src\common\stockitem.cpp(213) in wxGetStockLabel(): invalid stock item ID

Suggestion / Feature request:
I love the Graphs window to calculate damage on fits for ganking. Setting these up on the graphs (see screen) takes a moment. This has to be done every time Pyfa starts up and I would love to have somekind of preset to just quickly set the parameters (including fits) that I need. Failing that, somekind of prompt if I really want to close the window I just setup…? :smiley:

Related on that note(possible bug), everytime the already loaded fits need to either have the selected characters skills refreshed, or the selected character cycled to another character.

Otherwise damage values will not show correctly. (not sure what they are showing, but i assume it’s 0 skills)

edit: forgot to add screen

I also found it many months ago
Try to use “EVE Mon” to export character and use “Pyfa” to import cacracter.
Remember to use the latest EVE Mon, my version is 4.2.2
Try this link → Release EVEMon 4.2.2 · mgoeppner/evemon · GitHub

I just want to say that Pyfa is amazing and much appreciated.

1 Like

I just want to say that the search in Pyfa is the best damn search in any application I’m using. Following good search practices and having all those aliases means that whatever intuitive search term comes to mind probably finds the right thing.

1 Like

Does anyone have any idea why in pyfa I have literally tons of duplicate fits when I import from my saved export file?

i had an error when removing character and then adding again in the SSO charactar management.

now it only shows “all 5” selection at character in the main window. it gave me an error for some kind of bug but ive closed it

how can this be solved?

Cannot get this fit to add multispectrum Shield Hardener II in pyra. Copied it from the game to eveworkbench and there it shows them just fine. Trying to figure out what skill i need for the powergrid to run. My character can’t run it but in workbench and pyra it doesn’t show the skills that would allow it to run. So idk if it’s even possible then… Does it use max implants or something? Also everytime when i click add character the page doesn’t exist.

[Ferox, *Ferox L3-4]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Power Diagnostic System II

Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Large Shield Extender II
Tracking Computer II
10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner

250mm Railgun II
250mm Railgun II
250mm Railgun II
250mm Railgun II
250mm Railgun II
250mm Railgun II
Shield Command Burst II

Medium Core Defense Field Purger II

Most likely the skill you’re looking for is Advanced Weapon Upgrades. You need both AWU 5 and Powergrid Management 5 to use that fit without implants.

Also, Pyfa does this weird thing where if you haven’t learned a particular skill yet (i.e unlocked it with a skillbook), it won’t show up as an option under Change Module/Ship Skills. Instead, you need to compare it with the skills listed under the All 5s character.

Yea haven’t linked my character yet so this was with the level 5 default one. Yea thought that too that’s a lot of training.

insta crash on mac os sonoma
re install not help

Check github for a new version, eventually that helps. I will wait at least one month and the decide if I install the new MacOS

Does anyone know if there is an easy way create a maxed out skill plan from a fitting ?

I can do it now, but I have to create a new all 0 character, then manually click each module and set every skill to 5, then do that for the ship skills in one of the modules. Then I can export the character to clipboard and import that in to eve.

Can this or any other program just give me an importable max plan from a given fitting in one go?

2.54 is crash on new mac os. older is too
need update for mac

No crash with new 2.54 release on my Mac, but I’m still on ventura.