Pyfa - The Python Fitting Assistant

Those with macOS Sonoma and crashing Pyfa can try out the new Theorycrafter and give feedback, to assist its development.

Does anyone have a problem with the price check? I can’t see the price of items on all ships normally, if I change the market in the settings nothing changes.

evemarketer is no longer maintained. use fuzzwork or ceve (tranquility). Then restart Pyfa, load a fit, do “optimize fit price”, that should trigger a reload. That can take a while.

1 Like

tried both options, nothing helped

Is there a pyfa for iPad?

its PC

For those who have the same problem with the price. After putting on fuzzwork, it only helped the next day.

Is there a way to always auto-expand the Compare tab on the Module Stats window? It gets annoying expanding it every single time to find the best module.

Loving the export with implants&boosters. Thank you for your continuous work, it makes EVE a better place.

This the 3rd release now not worrking (starting) on my Mac Studio with MacOS Sonoma.

Question: would it be possible for me to edit the appimage fonts.py file to change fonts and then rebuild it?I really need to increase font size but was unable to get python to run pyfa successfully (I suspect it had to do with me trying to run it on python3.10). I’m on ubuntu 22.04.3.

cheers

on another note here are the errors I’m getting while trying to run python3 pyfa.py if anyone cares.

pyfa v2.55.0
EVE Data Version: 2420589 (2023-11-14 07:22:08)

OS version: Linux-6.2.0-31-generic-x86_64-with-glibc2.35
Python version: 3.10.12 (main, Jun 11 2023, 05:26:28) [GCC 11.4.0]
wxPython version: 4.0.6 (wxWidgets 3.0.5)
SQLAlchemy version: 1.3.23
Logbook version: 1.6.0
Requests version: 2.28.1
Dateutil version: 2.8.2

####################

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/mnt/misc/backups/eve/Pyfa-2.55.0/pyfa.py", line 148, in <module>
    from gui.mainFrame import MainFrame
  File "/mnt/misc/backups/eve/Pyfa-2.55.0/gui/mainFrame.py", line 36, in <module>
    import gui.fitCommands as cmd
  File "/mnt/misc/backups/eve/Pyfa-2.55.0/gui/fitCommands/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from .gui.booster.add import GuiAddBoosterCommand
  File "/mnt/misc/backups/eve/Pyfa-2.55.0/gui/fitCommands/gui/booster/add.py", line 6, in <module>
    from gui.fitCommands.calc.booster.add import CalcAddBoosterCommand
  File "/mnt/misc/backups/eve/Pyfa-2.55.0/gui/fitCommands/calc/booster/add.py", line 4, in <module>
    from service.fit import Fit
  File "/mnt/misc/backups/eve/Pyfa-2.55.0/service/fit.py", line 35, in <module>
    from service.character import Character
  File "/mnt/misc/backups/eve/Pyfa-2.55.0/service/character.py", line 36, in <module>
    from service.esi import Esi
  File "/mnt/misc/backups/eve/Pyfa-2.55.0/service/esi.py", line 14, in <module>
    from service.esiAccess import APIException, GenericSsoError
  File "/mnt/misc/backups/eve/Pyfa-2.55.0/service/esiAccess.py", line 12, in <module>
    from jose import jwt
  File "/home/adam/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/jose/jwt.py", line 5, in <module>
    from collections import Mapping
ImportError: cannot import name 'Mapping' from 'collections' (/usr/lib/python3.10/collections/__init__.py)

edit - I extracted the squashfs into a subdirectory and just ran
squashfs-root/opt/python3.7/bin/python3.7 /mnt/misc/backups/eve/squashfs-root/opt/pyfa/pyfa.py and simply edited the fonts.py file. Works like a charm. Now I just have to figure out which file is responsible for font size of the right hand panel (resources, resists etc)

edit 2
changing standardFont.SetPointSize(8) in statsPane.py seemed to do the trick

I have noticed the mercox rig for barges does not do anything to the mining rate. I think this may be a bug

some homefront operation NPCs use explosive and electromagnetic damage, can’t find this damage pattern in pyfa, please add thanks

Current (v2.58.0) .zip Windows version does not contain the executable.

Edit: downloaded it a third time and it’s there now. :huh:

As of latest Windows update for me today, I can’t get the version 2.58.0 installed no matter what I do since Windows just removed it completely:

Screen Shot 02-21-24 at 11.18 PM

Did not had the restore option there.

Screen Shot 02-21-24 at 11.31 PM

Choosing to try again won’t work and skipping file leads to:

Screen Shot 02-21-24 at 11.40 PM

Edit: It is now no longer seen as a false positive by Windows.

1 Like

Can anybody explain to me where I can find the “EVE API XML character file” that I am supposed to load in the Character - Import Character File menu?

Since SSO import doesn’t work at all for me, this seems to me the only remaining option to import a character’s skills.

1 Like

You only have an XML Character file if you have exported an existing Character previously.

1 Like

So is it a Pyfa format? Why does it say “EVE API XML” then?

Or what piece of software exports it?

Flrst you need to import a character into PyFa via API/ESI or create one in the character editor. Then you can export this character into an XLM file.

So, if API import does not work in Pyfa, I’m basically screwed?