Random .txt files being created on mac?

Hi, I’m a relatively new player to EVE online. I currently run macOS Sierra Version 10.12.5 on an early 2015 MacBook Pro (Don’t worry, I’m getting a good PC soon) and I’m not sure if this is just me, but I figured I would ask.

Does anyone else get random .txt files from eve? I have looked in finder recently and found many of these. I looked, and they appear to be the notifications that appear in black boxes on eve. They seem to just be live things, not things that need to stay on my computer to run the app. So can I delete them safely, especially knowing most of my data is online? I’ll upload a picture of the text within the file. Thanks for any help you can provide.

These are basic Logfiles. Logfiles can be safely deleted from you My Documents folder as long as it is not from a current active session.

2 Likes

^ that

Log files can be very useful, they also record damage done and received, so if you get in a fight you can go back and check the numbers. Personally I mostly use them to check mission times. And yea I should probably go back and delete some old ones but they are text files so they aren’t too big so I’m not that worried about it.

I believe the game also records chat logs by default, you can disable that in the chat tab on the in game menu. I turned that off on most accounts as they sit in trade hubs where it’s mostly just spam messages so I don’t consider it important.

Thanks! Really helpful.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.