🦜 Ratting Rattlesnake

Hey guys I have some questions about the rattlesnake.

I joined null sec a few days ago and really like the rattlesnake however I only do 16 mil ticks on average and after reading that 30mil ticks are possible I got curious about what it is that I am doing wrong.

My rattlesnake fitting looks something like this:

High:
Arbalest Cruise Missile launcher (training for T2 atm) using scourge cruise missiles I
Drone Range Augmentor

Mid:
2x Navy Cap Battery
1x Kinetic + 1x Thermal hardener (Guristas)
Shield Boost amplifier
Shield Booster
Omnidirectional something with tracking speed script

low:
3x ballistic control system II
3x drone damage amplifier II

Rigs:
2x Capacitor Rig
1x Capacitor Rig II

Drones:
2x Wasp II or caldari navy warden

Tank is not really a problem if I don’t proceed to kill the trigger npcs first.
I do around 1000dps with this fitting but still need a lot of time to kill the npcs.
My usual tactics is the following:

First I kill the frigs that warp disrupt then battleships then battlecruiser then cruiser and in the end I just kill the frigs.

Now what do you think am I doing wrong that I only get 50% of the possible ticks.
As anomalies I usually fly forlorn hub haven’t tried haven or sanctums yet.
My skills are mostly 4 when it comes to drones and 3/4 for missile skills.

Glad for any help!

That’s your mistake. Forlorn Hubs have too many frigates and small things which cost time to lock and shoot down with your drones and missiles. Fly Forsaken Rally Points, Forsaken Hubs, Rock Cage Havens or Sanctums.

That’s another mistake if you do it like I think you do. Do not shoot frigates or cruisers with your missiles. Your drones should take care of those ships while you shoot BC and BS with your missiles. Drones especially with the Tracking Speed scripted Omni have no issues shredding through frigates. Your missiles will have some issues with the BS but their DPS applies much better there, which means by the time your drones have dealt with the frigates and cruisers, you will have destroyed a number of BS or BC already.

2 Likes

Ah okay makes sence thank you so much!

Yeah I think I wasn’t clear enough… I never shoot something smaller than a cruiser with my missiles no chance of hitting it. But why would cruise missiles have issues with the BS? I thought they were meant for such large ships? But awesome help so far!

You already got the answer from Zhalyd Lyehin. Warp at your drone control range , launch sentry drones, have them working on smaller targets while you shoot missiles at BS. Do not forget to switch launcher targets at time. Missile take a time to fly, if your target will be killed by missiles, that are already in the air - time to start firing at the next. If target stay almost dead, have your drones finish the work.
In your fit you have no application modules and cruise missiles are not good at application. You need some guidance computers instead of battery. I use cap booster instead of batteries and rigs. Missile application rigs will improve your real dps too.
Use cap booster and factional missiles.

Because BS moves.

First of all thank you for the help, woud you say a republic fleet target painter would work too? used that before…

And what do you think of t2 missiles? Fury for example?

Try PYFA. You will see the difference between T2 misiles and faction missiles. T2 fury missiles has even worse application.
Target painter is good in fleets. You are alone, missile guidance computer / enhancer + rigor rigs help you more

[Rattlesnake, NULL ratter vs Angel Cartel]

Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II
Missile Guidance Enhancer II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Pro-Nav Compact Missile Guidance Enhancer

Gist B-Type Shield Boost Amplifier
Large C5-L Emergency Shield Overload I
Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 400
Explosive Deflection Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Missile Guidance Computer II, Missile Precision Script
Large Micro Jump Drive

Drone Link Augmentor II
Cruise Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Cruise Missile

Large Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I
Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst I
Large Warhead Flare Catalyst I

Berserker II x2
Bouncer II x2
Warden II x2
Warrior II x5

1 Like

ok I will thank you for the fitting.
I saw people who used heavy missile launchers, would that be a viable option to cruise missiles when it comes to ratting?

As Erg already wrote: They move. They don’t move fast but even that little movement can already have a very big difference for the application. I used to rat in a Rattle with Fury missiles. The volley difference between a stationary (stuck in rocks/gate) BS and a BS moving at full speed were around 400-700 damage per volley.

It is a viable option. You must count your volleys much better, than with cruise missiles. Which is not very comfortable. You fire rapidly, so it can happen, that you have 3-4 volleys in the space flying to already dead target. Range is smaller too, but to get full potential out of your drone bonus you need to be closer to NPC anyway. What is really annoying is the waiting time for reload.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.