Rattlesnake Angel Fit

Hey folks,

Please take a look at this Rattlesnake fit I made for Angel Ratting.

[Rattlesnake, Rattlesnake]
C3-X ‘Hivaa Saitsuo’ Ballistic Control System
C3-X ‘Hivaa Saitsuo’ Ballistic Control System
Co-Processor II
Missile Guidance Enhancer II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Republic Fleet Target Painter
Missile Guidance Computer II
Pith X-Type X-Large Shield Booster
Dread Guristas Multispectrum Shield Hardener
Dread Guristas Multispectrum Shield Hardener
Sentient Omnidirectional Tracking Link
Heavy Capacitor Booster II

Drone Link Augmentor II
Cruise Missile Launcher II

Large Warhead Flare Catalyst II
Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst II
Large Explosive Shield Reinforcer II

Gecko x1
Republic Fleet Berserker x2
Republic Fleet Bouncer x3

Tracking Speed Script x2
Navy Cap Booster 3200 x1
Missile Precision Script x2
Inferno Fury Cruise Missile x270

My plan is to do some Angel sites with it. Hubs, Havens, Sanctums, anything what this can do.
I had a problem in my previous fit, where the missile volley would only dmg for ~1600 the battleships.
In this fit I tried to look after applying more dmg as you can see on the modules.

I was also thinking about a Large Microjump Drive instead of Sentient Omnidirectional Tracking Link.

My skills are at least 4 in all missile category.

Please let me know if You have some tips/tricks!

Thanks,
WanYeKest

I mostly only pilot Minmatar ships so I can’t recommend any fitting tips other than yes, definitely put a propulsion mod on the ship, preferable an Afterburner so you can keep moving to help diminish incoming DPS.

Also seems you’re going a bit heavy with the Drone Damage mods, might wanna replace one with a Damage Control mod to help increase your ships EHP’s.

Other than that, I’m sure somebody more experienced with that ship will post some good fitting tips…

I changed the tracking link for a Large Microjump Drive, and alsu put a Damage Control II for better survivability instead of the Missile Guidance Enhancer.
I put this fit in Pyfa, created an Angel Battleship model with the stats I found in Eve Wiki.
Pyfa says the effecitve volley damage at 80 km is around 1200.

With my current fit, which has way lower application its around 900 with the same options.

I wonder how much the actual numbers would go up once I can refit my Rattle.

1 Like

wut???

A Rattlesnake has the signature radius of a moon. No afterburner will diminish incoming damage on that ship.
However, the Rattlesnake is very tanky, and I would fitting a mjd for repositioning or bugging out.

I even dare to wager that, even with the native resist bonus, you will have an easy time tanking the angel cartel.
With that fit, your screen may show a never ending amount of incoming damage notifications, but you’ll ask yourself, when or if those shield will ever start bleeding something that would make one cycle of the shield booster worth cycling.

1 Like

Key point of my statement was to keep the ship moving which helps diminish in-coming damage…

I didn’t mean to contradict you. I was imagining, flying this ship with the fitting as is and putting myself into some angel cartel haven or sanctum or even 7-10 DED complexes.
Yes, the afterburn will be helpful, but only when you travel between gates from system to system, as the short cycle time propels you quicker into warp.

In many years of soloing higher DED complexes, I found that geometry also “moves” you forward. And if it was unclear, I mean making triangle-jumps with the mjd to move yourself from point a to b.
If those gates in those complexes aren’t placed any diffferent, you first jump “up” and then you adjust your head to the gate to the next room and jump “down” again.
Meanwhile those pesky angels, have to move another 100km until they can finally hurt your shields.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.