Rattlesnake; Torpedoes/Active/PvE (L4) - Help (Solved)

Hi everyone,

do you know a good active tank fit for Rattlesnake that has torpedos. I am not having luck in finding it on forum. Or if someone could please make some fit version for me with these elements, I would really appreciate that.

The reason I want Torpedoes and not Cruise Missiles is because I use stealth bombers (so training torps. is beneficial in both ways) and also don’t want to waste time training cruise missiles skills just for this scenario.

I already tried making a fit, but I am not sure on what modules to use except these one that I already have in my hanger.

• Pith-X type Large Shield Booster
  • Dread Guristas Torpedoes Launcher x5
  • Pith-X type Resistance (for all 4 types)
  • Caldari Navy BCU x3
  • Imperial Navy Drone Damage x3
  • & a bunch of T1 engineering and missile rigs. Don’t want to spend ISK on T2 unless it really has an impact to the performance. EDIT: Don’t want to spend ISK because I might need to change fit to PvP someday or similiar.

I am writing from my phone, so I don’t know the exact names of all modules. Anyway, since I am using torps. I am not sure how many other modules that increase signature radius or improve precision for missiles I need. Or even modules that improve tracking for drones…

Sorry if I wrote something badly or wrongly. And thank you.

Cheers.

OP is probably trolling.

Also rattlesnake is terrible with torps in PvE just because it doesn’t have any range or application bonus. Either go raven/raven navy or dont bother.

2 Likes

Hahaha, okay, I didn’t see that coming

The reason I said don’t want to spend ISK on T2 rigs is because I am not sure what is the right fit for me. So I might need to destroy the rig. Sorry, that is the point I wanted to say.

Okay, but if I go with Raven Navy (for example) my DPS goes down. With Rattlesnake, I am at 1400+ DPS.

1400+ dps at 20km range with huge cap issues on MWD, or you are slow as slug with AB. And even at 20 km you wont be applying anything near that number even to NPC battleships.

1 Like

Okay. I think I get what you are saying, but hard to believe that even with target painter I wouldn’t be able to apply damage to NPC. But okay…

So what about some other form of missiles that is not Cruise Missile Launcher?

Go with rapid heavies, if you still want to rattlesnake.

2 Likes

Yeah, I just saw this video.

Also read this, 1.

So clear frigates and cruisers with RHML. And use drones for BS. But beside Faction Drones, would you recommend Geckos? Thanks a lot.

Oh yeah, do you have a better Caldari ship for lvl4 missions?

Rattlesnake works best long range with cruise missiles, sentry drones, MJD and passive tank. Rats burn directly toward you with no transversal so your sentries can easily one-shot frigates until they get too close - then pick up your drones and jump. Very relaxed way to run missions.

I’ve used a Gila for L4 missions - you have plenty of dps and can speed/sig tank the battleships. Might not work as well now that they have cut the drone hitpoints.

Bear in mind that 6 month old characters run L4 missions in t1 battleships with meta fits - you don’t need exotic or shiny. Raven or either of the Navy battleships will work fine.

1 Like

Hey @Ms_Steak,

thank you. I was stubborn I have to admit. Even tho I knew you had more experience than 4 months old player - me. But, I still tried with Torpedoes and didn’t have so much fun. Lost all shield tank but managed to warp out.

So, I added RHML. And wow. It works. Here is the fit.

Hey, today I found you video and fit. Oh boy. Compared to the Torpedoes, they are absolutely amazing. I am using this.

[Rattlesnake, L4 PvE; Dread G.; RHML; Balanced Emphasis]

Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Imperial Navy Drone Damage Amplifier

Pith X-Type Large Shield Booster
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Kinetic Deflection Field II
Thermal Dissipation Field II
Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Tracking Speed Script

Gist X-Type 100MN Afterburner
Dread Guristas Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Gecko x1

Auto Targeting System I x1

With this, I get 1100+ DPS. I have range (50 kilometers), good tracking for the drones and 3 minutes and 45 seconds of capacitor with every module ON! And let me tell you, I use shield booster only like once or twice during one minute. AB is giving me speed so don’t need to repair so much. And I am 70% cap stable without SB active. I am thinking maybe (need to do more missions and see how it will go) remove one Large Capacitor Control Circuit for a rig that gives more DPS or maybe add Missile Guidance with Precision script. Don’t know how much these changes would help in overall performance, what do you think? Also need to see does the tracking link module help at all… Maybe switch some module for Large Micro Jump Drive, since NPC’s are sometimes 100 kilometers away.

But once again, thank you so much!

Hey @Do_Little,

yeah, you are right. Having transition from Torpedoes to RHML, I can see how range and I guess better applied damaged has an impact. I have to educate myself more about this. But I sometimes don’t have time to read everything because EVE is like always, learn-learn-learn. If you get what I mean.

Only thing is, I have Heavy Missile, Heavy Assault M. and Torpedoes skills, so don’t want to go down Cruise Missile road. I want other things.

But, as I replayed in the comment above, RHML still works for my needs. And it works fantastic. Anyway, thank you for replying!

Its good that you think for yourself and re-check things. I am most certain that you had fun trying things out to personally learn that paper DPS (the one you get in a fitting tool) and how it really plays out are different from each other. And having fun is all that matters.

Fly safe o7.

3 Likes

I’m wondering if it’s finally time for me to skill into a rattlesnake. I’ve been ignoring it for more than 2 years or thereabouts.

Everyone talks about it and swears by it.

Some say it gets through things easily.

I’m not a fan of sentry drones though…so I dunno.

Also I’ve never been fond of guristas ships in general. The gila is horrible.

Missile guidance in medslot is worth it for two reasons increase missile range by 30% or better hits with the scripts.

I run RHMLs with a single guidance module and just switch scripts depending purely on target range, anything under launchers normal range i use precision, helps with fast movers and small targets.

As the others said sentry drones are a must, but i always have a few small drones for very fast and small targets.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.