[RAZSU] Zaibatsu Associated News Institute hub

Grand feast in honor of farmers concludes

Nannaras X

November 25th - YC 120

The grand feast honor of the hard working men and women of the Kresh Root Society ended in success! Stomachs were filled and a noticeable dent was made in the overflowing food stock. Men, women and children of Hoiyori all came to the Commune plaza and joined in the festivities, enjoyed the food, learned more about the ecosystem of Nannaras X, and paid their respects to the many farmers that attended.

The newly formed Peacekeeper Division was also present. While the current personnel of the Division are green and inexperienced, the event served as an excellent chance for the Division recruits to showcase what they learned in a population dense environment. These recruits had more experienced officers from the Regiment on standby in the event of the worst case scenario, but thankfully the Peacekeepers ensured any disruption in the crowds was swiftly dealt with. The Division is steadily growing as more colonists enlist to enforce the law in Hoiyori. The Division however is still a month or two off from being fully staffed and trained to take over law enforcement completely from the Myrskytuuli Regiment.

All representing figures of the CORE council were in attendance, including the Patriarch. All of them shook hands with the Society members on stage, and each council member expressed their gratitude for their service to the Zaibatsu and its people. After an exhausting amount of handshaking, the CORE council dispersed and joined in with the festivities as the Patriarch sat down and spoke with invited representatives of BOSAC, UNF-A, and S-ICH. Despite the event now being several days in the past, the details of their conversation have still not been made available to ZANIE and remain classified at this time. It’s suggested the talks ended on good terms as guest representatives Galm Eskola-fae and Sterling Blades were seen mingling with the crowd sometime later, speaking with farmers and partaking in some of the games present before departing Nannaras X as the event neared the end.

Zaven Horson, the elected representative of the Kresh Root Society, was of course present during the festivities and was approached by ZANIE reporters for his take on the celebrations.

“I’m…Fine with this. Truly, it’s a refreshing change of pace to not be seen as some redneck that talks in some outrageous accent on a backwater planet just because I spend my days digging through the dirt and tending to farm animals. That said, it feels like a little too much? I’m elected to speak for everyone - So I’d say we would’ve been fine with a simple thank you. Having all these people coming down here to eat more of our produce than the Soogs I have in the pens is flattering and all. But is this necessary? We’re just doing our jobs…”

• Zazen Horson

The humble words of the elected representative of the society is evidence that the members of the Society voted responsibly for a candidate suitable not just for them, but the whole of the Zaibatsu.

Also in attendance, we had the spiritual guru of the Windchimes, Suha Rabuya. A woman who is no stranger to the workload our farmers bare on their shoulders due to her history of working a farm In her youth. Because of this, Suha has worked on maintaining a close relationship between her Windchimes and the Society. ZANIE approached her for a comment to get more insight into her immense support of the Society.

“It is thanks to these men and women that the Zaibatsu doesn’t have to resort to industrialized means to feed it’s people. The food we feed everyone here tonight is grown from the soil of a world created by the Maker. This the purest substance to give our bodies, rich in nourishment and void of any poison that is snuck in by the mega-corporations who churn out poorly made food products from their soulless cold steel factories to keep the masses weak and malnourished! Creating cheap imitations that do more damage than good to us just so they can line their wallets. These men and women however are noble individuals who work day in and day out to ensure we have the purest food to consume. For that, they have my eternal respect.”

• Suha Rabuya

ZANIE would like to mention that Suha isn’t necessarily pointing at the Caldari State when mentioning “Mega-Corporations”.

While the event was a success, there still remains a problem with the lack of storage space for the ample amounts of produce being put out by the society. Stelmari is still keen on convincing the Patriarch to allow the Exchange to take ALL bulk on hand to sell on the open market of New Eden, to supply the Zaibatsu with additional funds. How Stelmari’s attempts will turn out will be seen when November comes to a close and the council meeting for the month of December begins.

No matter what, ZANIE will be on the lookout for any updates.

4 Likes