Red Phoenix Rising - New Pilot friendly, Alpha friendly / Casual and fun/ RL comes first

We are recruiting starting May 11th.

BUM BUMP

5/8 - had another PVP roam. Bagged a WHALE!!!

5/9 - Had a Covert Ops Drop - my first ever. Managed to bring a Nemesis stealth bomber. Missed the first cyno as didnt know what to click on…what a NEWB.

Then made it to the main battle. Managed to nearly get top dmg on a Porpoise, but then had a carrier dropped on us and we got rekt.

I totally screwed up and rushed into the frey instead of staying at 50km and prompty lost my bomber! I have soooo much to learn in PVP lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

Replacement bomber is ready in my hangar, so looking forward to next covert op. hope to be smarter this time.

Killboard is starting to look less sparse:

<3 Fica

We have had a large influx of new and returning pilots
Why not join up today
Find us in chat
Red Phoenix Rising at : RPR public

5/11 - Had a POS (player owned station) bash today. Brought my newly made stealth bomber and padded my killboard nicely. :slight_smile:

I am 88% Dangerous now!! Wooohooo!!

<3 Fica

BUMP BUMP

5/14 - Had a busy PVP day. Started out as a structure bash OP that turned into an Orca hunt that turned into a frigate PVP Roam.

3 more kills and over 1Billion in destroyed value. No losses for me!!!

90% Dangerous!!!

<3 Fica

Working out a couple more planets for industrial work
Find us in chat: RPR Public

5/15 - Had a Cruiser Roam tonight. Brought my Exequror Logi. We nearly instantly got into a large fight after a couple jumps. It was a good fight, but we had way more logistical support so it wasn’t really fair.

Found out logis don’t get zkill credit for healing…what kind of MMO is this? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

But had a great roam.

First fight:

<3 Fica

Going to be on and off all day to day.
Trying to plant garden or play eve
Tough on
Join us in chat:RPR Public

5/16/2020 - Today was a day I was waiting for this past month!

Red Phoenix Rising T1 Frigate Tournament Day!!!

Just look at those prizes!!!

Over the next couple of posts I will recount the story of Fica Balboa, and her training routine for this tournament!

So this tournament turned out to be really tricky. As I started analyzing T2 frigate builds I quickly realized, the T1 restrictions change the game completely. As I read the rules I realized that stalemates might indeed be possible, since T1 module based limited DPS could be permanently tanked by some capacitor stable dual repper builds. So my first plan was to make sure I choose a high DPS ship.

Rules of the T1 Frigate tournament:

:mechanical_arm: Fica

Tournament Story Page 2:

Ok, so high I want a high DPS ship. I asked around our experienced PVPers in corp and really liked this Incursus build:

1. 179 DPS - which is ridiculously high
  2. Can perma tank nearly 80 DPS
  3. 1254 m/s AB - pretty respectable

I was pretty much settled on this ship, but then I asked for more advice from our alliance PVP guys and I was shown this different Incursus build! Which looked simply unbeatable since I am 100% Gallente Specced:

1. Max Gallente Frigate Skills
  2. 154 DPS - still very strong
  3. MWD - so speed is now 4,217 m/s - no one can get away
  4. Warp scrambler to kill enemy MWD.

and most importantly

1. A tank that can handle 160dps - and maybe even more if the reactive armor hardener can adapt! And for at least 20sec, in which most T1 ships will die from 154dps.

2. And I can fit the build with exactly 100% Powergrid! NOOOOOICE! :heart_eyes:

At this point I knew I had a WINNER! …

But then as I was digging online I found a T1 frigate PVP guide, and my confidence in the Incursus seriously decreased!

This was the T1 Frigate guide I found online:

and I quickly realized that I could be kited around, and never get a chance to deal dps at all. :sob:

And while the Incursus was a very strong ship, it was only 4th best on win rates!

So I immediately went to see what kinda ship is the Breacher, and why is it #1.

So I saw that the Breacher is:

1. A kiter ship
  2. Uses Rockets
  3. Has a DUAL Shield and Armor tank, both ancillary though
  4. The ship is fast enough to control range and kite

Looking good so far.

But then I looked at my skills and realized:

1. Level 1 Minmatar Frigates. So dps and tank is impared
  2. Its a 75dps ship with T1 modules - overheated.
  3. I am not specced into Rockets at all
  4. Rocket range is practically brawler range without massive missile skill range investment
  5. Decent tank until caps / paste lasts

Not looking good, lol. :grimacing:

So I looked at the #2: Tormentor…same story

1. Amarr frigates Level 1 skill
  2. Not specced into beams at all
  3. 75DPS overheated
  4. Tank not strong enough to last

Back to the Incursus I thought. But that 500 PLEX First Prize or the Large Skill Injector 2nd Prize was looking mighty good! So I made a daring plan…

<3 Fica

Tournament Story Page 3.

My plan was to go after the Breacher build. And spec into all the key skills that make the Breacher great!

THE PLAN:

1. Tournament was announced on 4/26 and would be held on 5/16. So I had exactly 3 weeks.
  2. I needed about 3.5 million skill points to be competitive in the Breacher!
  3. In 3 weeks I will normally gain:

37skillpoints/min x 60min x 24hrs x 21 days = 1.2 million skill points.

1. So I would need about 2MM skill points from Skill Injectors at 400,000 a pop.

2. So 5 Skill Injectors at 750million each - I would need 3.8 Billion isk to get there.

3. My main source of isk is running Emerging Conduit that pay out about 15million per conduit.

4. So 3.8 Billion / 15 million = I needed to run 250 Emerging Conduits! Which take me about 15min each, so 62 hours of investment in 3 weeks!

TOTALLY DOABLE RIGHT???!!! :crazy_face:

=======================

TO BE CONTINUED!!!

<3 Fica

AND NOW THE CONCLUSION!

Tournament Story Page 4.

So with the Breacher in mind, I started grinding Emerging Conduits, and working on the key skills.

Things were going well for a couple days, but then we had a Cover Ops BLOPS Operation announced, and I had to get a Covert Ops capable ship if I wanted to join.

So I had to train up into cloaking ASAP.

BAM, one skill injector worth of skill point GONE! :grimacing:

Then we had a 2 structure bashes-so I had to train into Torpedoes too.

More non Breacher skill points trained.

But slowly conduit after conduit the loot started to add up and isk started to flow

And the Large Skill Injector drug addition was strong:

And the skills were being trained:

And the abyssal skill points and free reward skill points were helping!

AND by 5/16, my Breacher was finally READY!!!

So the PLAN was working. :partying_face:

1. Total isk earned was looking good: 9Billion in income.

2. But expenses were also brutal. 9.7 Billion Spend

3. About 5 Billion spent on Skill Injectors in 3 weeks

4. The rest of the income was spend buying and building 44 outfitted PVP ships and some minor goodies.

So by 5.16 my Breacher was ready to go, and looking MIGHTY good!

With 3 Million skills invested nearly all key Breecher skills were MAXED!!!

1. 122 DPS overheated
  2. 10km rocket range
  3. a shield tank that can tank 200dps overheated for 30sec with standard blue pill.
  4. A 70dps armor tank backup
  5. 4,376m/s MWD

The Tournament Ship was ready.

but the question is, did I have the skills to go with it?..sadly the answer was no.

Fica

PVP Tournament Final Chapter.

5/16 - with the final skill trained that morning I was as ready as I would get.

1. My Breacher was ready!

2. My PVP Experience was still non existent.

3. I knew I had a very strong ship and now nearly all key skills were maxed!

4. Statistics were on my side!

5. It was time to put theorycrafting to a practical test.

CONCLUSION!!!

Let me summarize:

1. I did my research!
  2. I made a plan!
  3. I executed on the plan!
  4. I did not ■■■■ up!

And I won FIRST PRIZE!!!

And getting my first ever 4 PVP kills and getting paid buku isk to do so…

PRICELESS!!!

<3 Fica

Congrats Fica!!!

Awesome tourney
Congratulations to FICA
And thanks to tourney host Yalexa
Find us on chat: RPR Public

5/17 - Its been a quiet weekend for me. Prepping for the PVP Tournament was a huge grind, glad its now over! :sweat:

On to my next project:

<3 Fica