Regarding Bounties and Killrights

I honestly don’t understand what people think was ‘wrong’ with the old bounty system, which I hope they bring back. 20% of ship value is a fine payout, that’s 200 million isk if you catch someone in a billion isk ship.

I certainly targeted bounties, and received thank yous from people who placed the bounties. As a bounty hunter, I say it’s time to bring back the bounty system!

1 Like

Perhaps Bounties could be more automated.

Suppose, when a player commits an act that results in a suspect flag and/or a criminal flag, Concord sets a bounty upon them. When the ‘Bountied-Player’ looses a ship, Concord pays the Hunter some number of “Concord Security Tokens” based upon the value of the ship the Bountied-Player was flying.

These tokens can be sold on the market, and those who have a bounty upon them can buy them from the market, and then trade them into Concord at DED stations for a reduction in the price on their head.

CCP and the market, can keep the value of these tokens at an acceptable value.

A player that wants to place a bounty on another player can also use those same tokens to place bounties.

What is wrong with the way bounties were already implemented?

Seems easy to ‘exploit’. This idea adds a market element that allows more people to share in the exploit.

And by exploit, I don’t mean a bug, but design.

How were bounties easy to exploit?

Read up?

So you don’t have any specific example of how bounties are easy to exploit?

I don’t care to debate with you. I’ve observed your behavior, so choose not to waste my time.

Nobody is offering to debate with you.

It’s a direction question: How exactly are bounties exploitable?

You apparently don’t have an answer.

Cry More

Please debate with me then.

How are bounties exploitable?

As far as I know, they aren’t exploitable the way they were. But every new bounty proposition I’ve seen on the forums is exploitable in some way. Either they allowed creation of wealth, or worse, allowed killing any target in high sec without CONCORD intervention. The old bounty system did neither, while it did increase the reward for killing players with bounties on their heads.

2 Likes

He just doesnt know what he was talking about and now wont answer you because he’s ashamed because he made a mistake.

Its okay, Ill apologise on his behalf

“Im sorry, I didnt really read the thread before I commented, I just wanted to fit in. Sorry guys lol, better luck next time eh” - Some Guy

Its ok Some Guy, we forgive you. x

1 Like

Unless I missed it in the wall of text I still don’t see a way to prevent the system being gamed.

That is the flaw of all bounty systems.

If you have a solution to that post it without the wall of text.

I personally love this guys solution. Allow me to put a 1 isk bounty on anyone I want to kill plz kkthx!

Crafty shitlords is all I took from it. Very descriptive…

I’ve been doing quite a bit of reading on this subject and I still haven’t come across anyone suggesting player-reviewed bounties to end the exploitation.

Much like project discovery, the more people you have reviewing the better, and paying a modest amount to people who like to review ganks would be more than enough motivation. I mean I go on youtube and do that all the time for free.

Plus I’m sure the person who placed the bounty would love to watch the person die. Muahaha
Even if it’s not a video, but just going over the data, it would still be pretty cool, and solve the problem.

Um. What bounties?

Huh? How would this not get gamed to ■■■■? (Like Proj. Disco)

Just make repercussions for doing so. It’s easy enough to use an algorithm to detect who’s doing that sort of thing. Just like irl, laws don’t stop people from robbing banks, but it does deter people.

Maybe give the person who placed the bounty a little extra weight in the review since they have such a vested interest in getting vengeance.

How do you determine who owns the characters doing the voting?

And if its easy how come it isnt done on Proj. Disco?