Remember the "dedicated balance team" ccp promised last summer? CSM member reveals ccp ***canned it

I mean, they’ve already said it is intended to effectively give Hisec corps more of an abillity to ‘interact with their space’ by creating their own ore belts. It gives a chance for corps to organise and do interesting things with the enviroment by literally creating their own PvE. It won’t be the same ISK (or even resources) as Nullsec for the obvious reasons you explain, but the fundamental mechanics will be the same.

I challenge that the ISK being less will cause the mechanic to ‘fail’ however, as by that logic every miner would be in Nullsec mining the best ISK/h, whereas Hisec consistently outmines Nullsec in m3/h even with Rorqs as the safety is considered more important to a great many players.

2 Likes

Do you think adding Nullsec combat sites to WH’s would be a good thing, and if so, why?

2 Likes

Counter Strike lives long enough. And it’s iconic PvP.

1 Like

Null sec sits, definitely not.
New ones that can’t be afk farmed that can have a number of unknown variables happen yes.

1 Like

I rest my case.

2 Likes

Yeah sorry but I gotta disagree with you on that. I’m probably one of the biggest PvE bear’s in Eve and I definitely don’t share that same consensus. What you listed seems more applicable to Alpha Clones.

The changes I want for PvE content:

1. Event Agents - Allow Cosmos, Data Center, Circle and Career Agents to be repeated annually or every 2 years.
    Add a new group of Event Agents called ‘Political Agents’ for Faction standing increase, possibly for Concord.

2. Cosmos Agents - Include a new 2nd set of mission offers to expand on original mission story content.
    Add new Cosmos Agent chains for the other Factions.
    Make all Storyline BPC’s and module rewards for Cosmos missions different, remove chance of receiving duplicates.
    Increase loot table and spawn rate for Storyline BPC materials.
    Decrease material requirements for Storyline BPC production.
    Increase Storyline module stats to be higher than T2 module stats.

3. Epic Arcs - Add new Arcs for all other Factions including Concord.

4. Exploration sites - Randomize spawn triggers and have NPC Boss / Structure spawn after all defenders are eliminated.
    Remove ability to scan contents of Hacking cans and NPC Boss / Structures.
    Reinstate 24hr Expedition timer reset when warp to site is initiated.
    Include ability to reset Expedition timer for 7 days, if not completed the site despawns and is deleted.
    Add ability to resize Hacking Mini Game screen.
    Include automatic Node clicking to expose empty Nodes which stops when Defensive Node is encountered.

5. Create new temporary mobile Deadspace Exploration Depot (DED) - small POS like station that can be anchored anywhere in system for solo explorers to stage from in hostile territory, up to 3 days active service before needing to be refueled at normal stations.

Hell, CCP could even add random Solar Events to ‘shake things up’. Like various Cosmic Storms that spawn for a short time doing different types and amounts of DPS on all ships and structures within the system.

Anyway, that’s enough for now. Definitely something to think about.

EDIT:

Also increase the RNG for spawning of NPC Boss Commanders and Expeditions from Anomalies and Signatures. There’s nothing more disheartening then doing a ton of sites and not even see a Faction Rat pop up. Not to mention the amount of wrecks containing loot needs to be increased. I can remember when salvaging and looting was a great career choice. Nowadays CCP has nerfed it so bad it’s almost nonexistent.

4 Likes

I get that finding a balance for pve is hard and difficult to implement, but I believe that one of the problems in Eve is the environment itself.

I remembered when there were small transport fleets of Badgers and kestrals flying from station to station, through Gates and such. Now I don’t even see them, in fact the fobs themselves show how outdated the older navy and police code are as they allow themselves to get slaughtered on stations and gates. They have the ability to add new pve options just have to find out how to implement it.

1 Like

We’ll see. But my bet is that they will either be ignroed or be dominated by trainer corps and alts of nullsec alliances.

No, i want content with decent rewards. Why do players do PvE (in gaming)?

• Story (EVE has little to no story in the everyday PvE)
  • Puzzles (EVE’s PvE is fairly simple, there are no challenging puzzles like in Portal for example)

So whats left for EVE is …

• Rewards (items, ingame currency)

The rewards for the new content are just bad. FOBs for example pay put 30mill per player, but you cant chain them like incursions sites. The FOBs are spread out all over highsec, which means lots of travelling … in battleships. So with all the traveling, waitng for fleet and tower bashing you can do how many FOBs per hour? 1? Or even less? Thats 15-30m/h. Why would any1 do that when you can do things like AFK ratting in a VNI (up to 60mill/h)? Even in highsec you can get much better ISK/h with activites like incursions or burner missions.

Do you disagree of those guidelines? Why? They summarize what PvE should be about based on why does people PvE, according to what I gathered while I played.

The fact that you can log in, run a mission, get ISK and log out is one of the keys in why missions still are a thing and newer content has failed. Short, dependable and rewarding are the holy trio. Then come creativity and expansion.

If those don’t matter, then what do you think that should be the guidelines? :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I wonder how many people asked for “player-like AI”? There are already challenging PVE elements in the game with the ancient AI, the unrated 6/10 complexes (Angel Cartel Mineral Acquisition Outpost) or even Forlorn Hubs come to mind. You don’t even need to improve the AI of most existing PVE, you just need to adjust some parameters for NPC aggression and speed. Forlorn Hubs, for instance, are very challenging for ratting because the NPC love to shoot your fighters and drones over your ship. Faster NPC also mean you have to move more because they get in range quicker, which is horrible if you want to speed or range tank. This would require more propulsion module use and better positioning.
Another thing is that you can create new and engaging PVE without having to create better AI. My suggestion in the old forums with random in space mission agents in natural phenomena and landmarks springs to my mind.

All these things, and many more, have been suggested to CCP in the past over and over again. But if CCP chooses to take the most difficult path right away for “new PVE” and ignores easier, equally challenging avenues, we can’t help them and they should not complain internally when players complain about their lacking content.

Another thing is that you can’t realistically do any of these advanced AI things solo. My mission runner in NPC Null can’t do any of the burner missions, for instance, because I have no way to replenish lost ships. Non-mission stuff with advanced AI is completely out of question for the same reason.

1 Like

What case, that we don’t want new missions or easy and null like stuff. I want new missions but I also don’t want wormholes to become another afk rat space like c5/6 are turning into.

If lore and colour dont matter and puzzles are non existant, and simple AI is “what people want”, why would you need more missions? Surely doing the same stuff over is what you are asking for, just with a different blurb you arent going to read at the start?

3 Likes

I don’t remember anyone writing it exactly like that.

I do remember quite a lot of discussion that the gap between PvE and PvP was large and that the current PvE didn’t really provide any useful progression towards PvP (that may not be written very well), so people were calling for PvE to be more PvP-like.

The new AI seems to be CCP’s understanding of how to bridge that gap.

1 Like

If what’s the case why do ppl keep playing games like wow and b&s.

Why do they run the same dungeons over and over again.

Why then do they keep adding more if it’s just the same thing with another blob at the beginning.

2 Likes

Right, I remember those people. And their argument was refuted time and again because it just can’t work. I am sure CCP read the counter-arguments, too, which begs the question why they did it anyways instead of focusing on the PVE in PVE and not PVP. The PVP comes by itself if people are in space and hunt agents or exploration sites or get tackled in missions or anoms more frequently. Not to mention, in the vast majority of cases it is useless to PVP-fit a PVE ship because an actual PVP ship that does not care about the mission or exploration site or something will overpower you anyways.

2 Likes

I’m curious: what ‘purposes’ do you see currently existing in PvE, and what purposes would you like to see added?

Ask the person who said none of these matter, not me.

But if you think EVE should be more like WoW, then by all means lets have lots of new instanced dungeons and meaningless quest text.

This thread is making me think EVE’s PVE is unsalvagable. It’s just swirling the bowl, and adding more just increases velocity. So to speak.

How did this thread end up about PVE, when it was supposed to be about ship balance?

1 Like

Without the dynamic AI, every PvE challenge in the game is ‘once you know the right fit/combination of fits, you are in no danger’.

Edit to add: Heck, look at the Blood Raider Sotiyos. Even with the dynamic AI, once we found the right fit for T1 cruisers (Mallers), they’re not difficult, just slow.

2 Likes