Remember the "dedicated balance team" ccp promised last summer? CSM member reveals ccp ***canned it

This is a freaking mmo. A severely unbalanced mmo for months/years as well.

Everyone remember Ishtars for LITERALLY YEARS WERE OP.

FREAKING YEARS

Also drones for years,
Also the rifter was the only t1 frig for half a decade worth using.
Also T3Cruisers brokenly OP for HALF A FREAKING DECADE too

SVIPUL
SVIPUL
SVIPUL

WHY DOES THIS BALANCE TAKE SO LONG?

CSM MEMBERS TOOK OUR OUTRAGE TO CCP SEAGULL HEAD OF EVE AND SHE GAVE US A “DEDICATED BALANCE TEAM” LESS THAN A YEAR AGO.

NOW CCP IS TAKING IT BACK?

I think the ■■■■ not ccp.

Capsuleers you agree with your csm member that wrote this?

6 Likes

Is your caps lock key intermittently acting up or have you just missed your morning medication dose?

15 Likes

I do understand the sentiment. But I have tempered my expectations with the reality of history. They may have truly intended to have a balance team with frequent updates. But they also have a history of not finishing things… Tiercide how many years has that been?

5 Likes

*readies the torches and pitch forks market booth: COME HERE! LOOK NO FURTHER FOR YOUR PREFERRED TOOLS OF FRUSTRATION RELIEF! Pitch forks and torches, only 1000 ISK a piece. Step right up! Don’t be shy! Why just tell CCP what you think? Show them! :star_struck:

Considering how underwhelming the so far visible changes on the AF are, that team must not have had any time at all to work on balance. I don’t envy Jin’taan for writing this after that meeting. Learning this and then writing this must have been a blast.

5 Likes

@CCP_Falcon (since you can’t ping CCP_Seagull)
I don’t generally get upset at CCP, but the stagnation of the meta with its few dominant ships is frustrating and chips away at my willingness to invest emotionally, monetarily and time-wise in the game. Although it won’t make me unsub now, it makes me more likely to unsub eventually and I can’t be the only one in this situation.

That’s not good for you. This is a huge step backwards. Disappointing… Making vets less bitter would help player retention, for new and old players alike, as not-bitter vets are the greatest content creators. Come on CCP, you should be able to realize this too…

7 Likes

You forgot the Drake. If you want to complain about a single ship being OP for years, complain about the god damn ■■■■■■■ Drake. It even got its own ■■■■■■■ meme!

7 Likes

Tengu Fleet?

1 Like

Its almost like they dont want to make a good game.
I mean, they dont put a lot of effort/dev time into PvE content, so PvP content is dominating in EVE. What is essential for good PvP? Balance. A PvP game with bad balance isnt a good game.

3 Likes

Balance is not enough, game needs small reworks, multiple improvements. What is going on with new implants that were announced at fanfest for example?

4 Likes

I don’t understand people, why not enjoying an OP ship while it’s there? Why should every ship in EvE be useful all the time? Balance is an illusion and boring, within imbalance lies the fun.

A way better approach is to rotate, and make a set strong, and in the next cycle, focus on another set and so on. I don’t want to change my ships and fits every 2 weeks. But I’m fine to do so every year.

… preparing to fly AFs exclusively from Feb 13th :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah CCP is the biggest thing getting in ccps way for fixing stuff.

6 Likes

Assault changes won’t be done before Feb. They haven’t even made a thread for it yet like the t3 cruisers rebalance.

2 Likes

Ea exec probably put it on back burner for more skins and microtransactions.

5 Likes

Is she dead?

2 Likes

Not everyone wants to fly to Flavor-of-the-Year(s) ship. People enjoy different play styles and one ship dominating means playing any other way than with that ship and the play style it is most suited for is playing gimped. That’s no fun.

Further, while I agree that stagnation is the worst, it is essentially what the current state of things in EVE. Punctuated by the much too rare shakeup. Worse, it is a stagnating imbalance where a few ships dominate and a lot of others are left in the dust. Having a balance team means things would be shaken more often, which, as you said, would be good for the game and, if we ever get to the mythical “perfect balance”, which we wouldn’t, then at least we would be stagnating in a state where all ships are valid choices instead of one where only a subset of ships are.

And module/ship tiericide needs to be completed so bad!

TL;DR: regular iterations towards balance is better than stagnating in imbalance for years with a few occasional changes.

I don’t know, but typing @CCP_Seagull brings nothing :frowning:

4 Likes

The last year has been poor decision after poor decision. The lunatics have finally taken over the asylum. :psyccp:

5 Likes

No lifesign since July 2017 …

4 Likes

she is on maternity leave

2 Likes

So who is in charge then?

1 Like

Team 0 Five atm

1 Like