[Resolved] - ESI Characters Corporation History

@CCP_Zelus Any update on this one too?

@CCP_Zelus so I read you are not looking to punish an individual, but rather punish everone else too by disabling a popular feature.

Could you please I don’t know maybe respond HTTP 429 for those requests only?

Also as mentioned before, the developer contact in user-agent header should be mandatory by the way.

But what the hell, I don’t work for CCP.

@CCP_Swift know anything?

1 Like

Hey folks!

During downtime yesterday an update to the Corp History ESI endpoint was put into place, then an hour or so later the service was re-activated and it started caching again. The caching process should be finished around 1200 UTC today so this endpoint should once again be fully operational after this point. In terms of adjusting any existing services that are utilizing this endpoint, please be aware that it now has the same limitations as the Market History ESI endpoint which, just as a reminder is:

• The endpoint is tentatively limited to 300 requests per minute per IP address. The rate limit is subject to review at any time, and we will update according if and when a change is made such that all third-party developers can adjust their apps accordingly.
  • When the rate limit is exceeded, users can expect an HTTP 500 error with the original error in the reason text

As always, should anything change in the future, I’ll endeavor to make sure it gets communicated in this section of the forum again.

4 Likes

500? Wouldn’t 429 be more appropriate?

1 Like

shhhh If you point out to CCP that there are HTTP response codes other than 500, then they might discover HTTP 402…

Ah the new status code for sisi access :parrotmustache:

Thank you for fixing the pilot corporation history endpoint. To be honest, I’d peeked again at this thread in June and had somewhat given up hope of a resolution. It was a very pleasant surprise a few days ago to notice that my services suddenly were reporting history for new members or for changes that happened after mid-January. The teams’ effort are appreciated. Again, thanks to them, and to you for feeding back to us.

Thank you so much for fixing this! I didn’t believe it would ever come back! :smiley:

Sky.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.