Retaliation

While yes, indeed, you are right that status of a slave is inherited, so some slaves are just descendants of criminals. However, as far as I am aware, they do enslave True Amarr as well, for example, for heresy. As a Ministry of Internal Order representative told me, correct criteria for enslavement is only being an enemy of Amarr Empire or a criminal in Amarr Empire.

1 Like

You realize your guilty of not being a devout Amarr worshipper too right? Many (I won’t say all but it’s closer to that) are the children of those found guilty of just that…

2 Likes

Most. The word you’re looking for is most, as in: “most slaves are descendants of criminals.”
I also have an issue with the notion of their progenitors being criminals, as the vast majority of them only committed the crime of not being Amarrian.

5 Likes

What a nonsence. I never was arrested in the Empire, and I am not Amarrian.

Neither were the ancestors of those slaves. They were abducted from their own homeworld and enslaved.

5 Likes

That’s just bare words of a known liar, who was openly claiming that I was “chopping off people’s hands”. Nope. Not believing that.

You have never heard of the day of darkness?

2 Likes

confirmed, the day of darkness is not forgotten. Our people were invaded because our ancestors didn’t even know of the existence of the Amarr people, never mind their deity.Sorry, but that’s the truth of the matter. That was their crime.

2 Likes

Yes, invading others it’s the same crappy crime like what now Gallenteans and Minmatars are doing. Fine, lets judge them for that crime. But first, bring at least one of them who was responsible or participated in that, then we’ll talk. I am very excited to see seven hundred years old Amarr! That’s a walking history, you know!

Lord Vaari is approaching something like a millennium, but the poor old thing is losing a lot of his marbles trying to keep going.

2 Likes

Except nobody was talking about judging them for their crime. They were talking about their victims, who committed no crime, and were enslaved for nothing, except not being Amarr. And all of their descendants who also committed no crime, but remain in chains because seven centuries ago, the Amarr Empire committed, as you say, a crime against them.

3 Likes

Get out, Arrendis.

were released by decree of Empress Jamyl.
As I said, get out, Arrendis.

Ohhhh, let’s look at the actual CONTEXT!!

Deitra’s talking about the VICTIMS. That’s the ‘they’ she’s saying. ‘Their’ crime… was not even knowing ‘about the existence of the Amarr people, never mind their deity’.

BZZZZT. Only slaves of the 9th Generation or higher were released. The Empire’s medical technology is not crappy. For example[1]! Idonis Ardishapur, the Holder who commited the genocide of Starkman Prime in 22947 AD committed ritual suicide upon the ascension of Emperor Doriam II. Doriam II took the throne in YC105, only 15 years ago.

So, how long after the Starkman Genocide did Idonis live? Well, the calendar flips over in 23236 AD. So YC105 is 23341 AD. 23341 minus 22947 is 394 years. Idonis was already an adult when he blew Starkman Prime to hell, as he was known to be ‘not immune in the past to the charms of Starkman Prime’. So let’s assume he’s not six when he blows the planet up.

He was over 4 centuries old when he died. Jamyl Sarum takes the throne in YC 110/23346 AD. The Amarr invasion takes place in 22480 AD. 954 years pass between them. That’s… three generations of Heirs?

Now, I’m not saying that the Amarr used all of their medical prowess on all of their slaves. That would be silly. But it does rather make sense that the ones who were valuable, the ones who learned, who cooperated, who kept their heads down… they’d be given proper care. They could live upwards of two hundred years. After all, the goal of the Amarr is to convert them, right? Can’t convert someone who’s dead.

I’ll also remind you that notable Amarr have stated in prior discussions that the number of Matari who were emancipated by the Empress plus the number of Matari descended from those who won their freedom in the Rebellion is perhaps half as large as the number of Minmatar slaves still in the Empire.

Where do you suppose they all came from? Do you really think that in the 140 years since the Minmatar Rebellion, the Empire has enslaved twice the population of the Republic and then set free the ones whose families just never got free?

Remember, that emancipation was a one-time deal. If you were an 8th Generation slave when it came, and you had a child two years later… it’s still a slave.

1. Now with GalNet sourcing!
3 Likes

All of this is off-topic. Take it somewhere else.

1 Like

Quite right, my apologies.

1 Like

Jamyl shocked the entire cluster when she announced the historic emancipation of millions of Minmatar slaves. Every Minmatar slave of 9th generation and up, plus any involved in theological and academic fields, were to be released from bondage.

Not only 9th generation and up

Lords, Ladies, and Concerned Parties,

As a Holder of our mighty Empire, I find some of the responses as expressed here and in other venues, rather troubling. I recognize this to be my opinion and only binding to the loyal imperial subjects of Cerra Holding, but nonetheless I feel compelled to offer a few words to my brothers and sisters of the Faith who have taken public positions on this matter involving Samira Kernher and Sa-Baron Alar Chakaid.

There appears to be a propensity to cast judgment upon Samira Kernher’s admission of her act of retaliation. It would seem, therefore, that within their own hearts, various members of the Empire’s nobility have already made determinations not only regarding her guilt but also regarding how she ought to be treated. Indeed, the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris has publicly stripped her of the honors she was awarded through her service in their associated Auxiliary. Importantly, I make no judgment regarding how the PIE Admiralty handles its internal matters, but I do find troubling the speed with which Samira Kernher has been publicly condemned and subjected to various forms of public censure.

What I mean to say, is that there appears to be—among those who claim loyalty to the Empire—a surety that Samira Kernher’s actions are so grave, that for all intents and purposes, have already resulted in her name being stricken from the Book of Records. They have come to the conclusion that she already bears the stigma of a pariah and should be shunned.

This position is dangerous because it reeks of pride. Namely, the pride of believing oneself empowered to make a judgment that belongs only to the Will of God. Who are we to make such judgments?

As Holders, there is a risk in the course of our normal responsibilities (which are of course afforded to us by the Lord through the imperial hierarchy) in adjudicating disputes from within our Holdings or those Holdings for which we are responsible to believe that our right to authority extends beyond our borders. Yet, in disputes involving the wider Empire, Her Imperial Majesty Catiz Tash-Murkon I, the Theology Council, and the Speakers of Truth, as the promulgators of God’s Will made manifest, are the ultimate authorities.

To take action when the ultimate authorities have not yet done so is to be willingly ignorant of God’s Will and substitute it for our own. This is the height of arrogance, to cast premature judgment and to treat a loyal member of the faithful who has publicly agreed to abide by the Theology Council’s findings as a “walking corpse.”

I fear that the sensationalist atmosphere more akin to the Gallente Federation and exacerbated by the Scope have seeped into my brothers and sisters of the faithful nobility. I trust this is an issue of important events being covered by Scope journalists who, lamentably, have greater market share and wider readership than Amarr Certified News, though that is a matter that merits discussion elsewhere.

I do not hold the foreigners who have participated in this venue to this same standard, this expectation of practicing the virtue of patience, for it is not expected that they abide by the Will of God upon which our mighty Empire is built. Further, I recognize that it is not my place to cast premature judgment upon Samira Kernher nor upon Sa-Baron Alar Chakaid. Rather, it is my place to offer prayer in this time and to remind the faithful for whom I am responsible, to respect the authority and the jurisdiction of the Theology Council—to which both of the afflicted parties have agreed to submit.

Until such time as a promulgation of Samira Kernher’s actions and judgment are issued by the Theology Council, I, Lord Reginald Sakakibara, Lord Adjutant of Cerra Holding of Huola VII, respect Samira Kernher’s position in the Empire as exhibited by her inclusion in the Book of Records and reaffirm my recognition of the rights and privileges afforded to her therein.

I implore my noble brothers and sisters of the faith who are empowered to do so to make similar statements of reaffirmation. This is neither a position on the morality of her admission nor an opinion of guilt, innocence or justification, but a reacknowledgement (which I find necessary given the tensions) that we are all subject to the Will of God, which is made manifest by the institutions He set in place to govern our mighty Empire.

By His light and His will,

Lord Reginald Sakakibara,
Lord Adjutant, Cerra Holding, Huola VII

3 Likes

I get it; I really do. Someone once hurt one that I loved, and caused a calamity so dire that it affects my family still. That person had been executed. And every week, prisoner No. 24601 is dragged out of his oubliette and given a chance to repent. And then I execute him again. The massive waste of funds and biomass would be hard to justify, except for vengeance. So, I can’t really fault your for the impulse. Someone goes after your family; they get sent to the morgue.

Where you screwed up, little girl, is the lack of courage to do it yourself. Vengeance is personal. Vengeance is not to be outsourced, or done on one’s behalf. If you’re not willing to wade in the blood yourself, then you obviously don’t want it enough. You went outside the Empire for this stunt as well, compounding your error.

You are a capsuleer with vast resources. Are you really going to say that you were not able to do this yourself? And if you were able, why were you unwilling?

Regardless of whether I approved of your actions, if you hadn’t been cowardly and hidden behind Del’thul’s skirts, I would have respected you. That you owned up to the attack counts for something, but I am not sure what.

2 Likes

Wooow.

1 Like

As a Holder’s retainer, as in, a person whose job it is to do things, including violence, on behalf of another person, this is rather hypocritical.

5 Likes