Retaliation

Lord Admiral, I do not presume to be equal in stature to your knowledge regarding the military disposition of the Empire. But is there not at least some precedent of a Royal Heir in his entirety being considered separate and distinct from the “totality of Amarr.”

I reference the recent history of the late Royal Heir Uriam Kador’s incursion into the Gallente Federation, which was recorded by camera drone and exists amidst the Scope’s publicly-accessible archives.

Although I am unclear as to the motivations and will not indulge in petty rumor, the consequences of the use of his private naval assets did not plunge the Empire into outright warfare with the Gallente Federation. Indeed, did not the late Empress Jamyl Sarum I allow the Federation Navy to launch a counter-action into Kador Family territory itself without mustering the Imperial Navy to meet them?

This seems to not only establish precedent for a legal separation between Heir and Empire but also implies an acceptable level of retaliation from foreign entities into space otherwise strictly beneath the authority of our Holy Empire. Considering the scale of the actions—and indeed the Kador forces firing upon a sovereign Gallente station in which undoubtedly there were civilians present—could there not be, therefore, some justification and legal precedence for Samira Kernher’s own retaliation utilizing a foreign entity?

This, of course, presupposes the hypothesis that Sa-Baron Alar Chakaid is indeed responsible for the attack on the Rens facility. Importantly, this is not a judgment I make at this time.

Merely, in light of recent history, I submit these questions for your review, for I am interested in your response on the matter.

By His light and His will,

Lord Reginald Sakakibara
Lord Adjutant, Cerra Holding, Huola VII

5 Likes

That situation illustrates my point, rather than countering it. Uriam acted rashly, and the Empress both withdrew protection and punished him.

If the federation had attacked Kador first, however, rather than as a response to his foolishness, that attack would have been against Amarr as a whole.

1 Like

Lord Admiral, I thank you for your response and I do not presume to argue that point. Rather, however, for the purposes of a thought experiment as would befit our schools of theology, let us say that Sa-Baron Chakaid fulfills the role of Uriam Kador. Thus, Samira Kernher would fill the role of the Federation.

As long as Sa-Baron Chakaid was officially or unofficially identified as “acting rashly” by our Empress Catiz Tash-Murkon I, long may she reign, would, in your view, Samira Kernher enjoy the same vindication allowed to the Federation Navy as long as her scope remained proportional to the harm that was incurred?

I humbly submit this to you for your consideration.

1 Like

If the Empress chose to approve Kernher’s action, of course we would change our position. That’s a rather extreme and unlikely hypothetical.

1 Like

And so, because they were considered[1] to be operating without imprimateur from the Republic, they were not accorded the formality of a declaration of war, but merely dealt with via force, in an area of space where the Amarr military could act without immediate reprisal.

Similarly, Zirsem is an area of space where CONCORD—who are, after all, the arbiters of ‘legtimate war’ where the clone classes are concerned, allows military action by clones and their baseliner agents against other clones and their baseliner agents, as long as (for some odd reason) once you’re done killing all the baseliners, you don’t kill the one idiot who’ll wake up again afterwards[2].

And, interestingly enough, not only were civilians not targeted, but by CONCORD’s standards, the actual targets of the attack weren’t even alive. Clones. Genetic repositories. A clone that isn’t awake yet has no rights or privileges, after all. It’s a meatsuit. And as they’re the clone stocks of a paramilitary unit (mercenaries) whose leader had openly threatened to flense Samira, should she ever fall into his hands, a case could be made that this was a targeted strike in accordance with CONCORD’s general guidelines against a legitimate military target: the war materiel and clone forces of a belligerent member of the combat-clone class[3].

1. Obviously, both the Defiants and the Republic government concurred with the Imperial position that they were not given official Republic sanction, but it’s impossible to prove beyond any shadow of possibility of error, for equally obvious reasons.
  2. Really, I can’t help but think that that’s a phenomenally boneheaded way to go about doing things, but as I suspect CONCORD are the ones who have to manufacture all of those pods, I suppose they’re just trying to minimize their operating costs.
    2A. Really, though, those things totally look Gallente, though. Don’t they? Yeah yeah, Jove blah blah. No spikes, no spires… they look Gallente, them pods.
  3. Alas, no record of space combat exists that I can find for sa-Baron Chakaid, else I’d refer to him as a capsuleer.
2 Likes

Lord Admiral, once again, I thank you for indulging my curiosity on this matter. At the time, I imagine it would have been unthinkable that a large Federation fleet would breach our borders without immediate retaliation from the Imperial Navy. Yet, it came about.

I have no further questions for you and once again, express my immense gratitude at your prompt responses to my inquiries.

By His light and His will,

Lord Reginald Sakakibara
Lord Adjutant, Cerra Holding, Huola VII

Miss Kerher,

I have deployed my medical team from Huggar to assist you in this investigation, please use them as you see fit in this matter. Should you require additional personal for security please let me know and I will send troops over to follow your guidance.

Literia Khammael

4 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

I, Nauplius, ex-Prophet of a False God and now Khanid Commoner of no particular importance, have thought up the following response to the filthy Minmatar subhuman Samira Kernher’s terrorism and would like to run it by this forum’s Amarr Loyalists (as well as my partner, Serena Shi) for comments and suggestions:

I propose collateral punishment on Ms. Kernher by:

• Purchasing, say, 10,000 Sebiestor slaves from IGS markets with as much attention as possible given to securing slaves from House Ardishapur sources.
  • Keeping such slaves in my hanger in permanant servitude and hard labor, without any hope of manumission for themselves or their offspring.
  • No bloodings or other unorthodox slaving practices will be performed; the slaves will receive orthodox Amarrian religious instruction. (My associate Pasiphae Metis will not be permitted to be a slave overseer in this colony).
  • The slaves will be continually reminded (by education and propaganda) that the reason for their unhappy condition is the acts of one Samira Kernher.

The number of Sebiestor/Ardishapur slaves kept in this colony could of course be increased with each act of terrorism that Samira Kernher performs, and on the other hand all the slaves could be freed if Samira Kernher is brought to justice.

If I am not to be trusted with performing this collateral punishment myself (a reasonable position), perhaps another Amarr Loyalist might step up to the task.

1 Like

On behalf of every Amarr loyalist to have ever, and shall ever forevermore, live up to that designation:

No.

9 Likes

facepalm

1 Like

No.

Just no.

7 Likes

No worries, Serena; I will not be following through with this plan.

3 Likes

Hi Serena! People are here, you know, if you want to say hello and things that aren’t no. We worry!

1 Like

As you should. I mean, you don’t go around slaughtering people on altars without being a worrisome creature. Or have we just decided to forget all about that bit? The bit where she literally gutted people on altars?

5 Likes

And we hope you’re doing well.

1 Like

That will be punishment to said 10,000 Sebiestor slaves, and in not any way, straightforward, bent or collateral to Ms. Kernher.

Wouldn’t that be a release of criminals? If you insist on doing that, please do it as far from Caldari border as possible. Thanks in advance.

The vast majority of slaves have not committed a crime in their life and are instead born into servitude, ostensibly for the sin of their ancestors (primarily not being Amarr, can’t have that.)

They are extremely unlikely to be a problem when released, though.

5 Likes

If Samira needs a place of sanctuary, I think Synthia could be persuaded to grant asylum to her.

Possibly confined to the Interpretarium, the grand library of Kaztropolis. Which contains a number of theological works, which would certainly give Samira the chance to sit quietly in the corner and think about what she has done.

1 Like

No thank you.

4 Likes