To the Amarr:

When you stand in Judgement before the Almighty God, and He tells you that you were commanded to reclaim all peoples unto His Light, but you stood idly by while millions were slaughtered, innocent and rebel alike, what will you say?

Even I feel guilty about my inaction. I can’t fly much more than a Rifter, and even that not very well, but I feel that I should have joined my Matari brothers and sisters in their attempt to save those on Kahah III. I have never counted myself a warrior. Nor did I harbor the intense hatred that I see in my Matari brothers and sisters for the Amarr. However, this atrocity has shed illumination upon their reasons.

7 Likes

People who openly rebel or harbor rebels cannot be saved on that moment. I, Lord Vaari, Jarl of Sosan VII personally oppose slavery, but when legal practise is threatened like this, all loyal men and women must stand shoulder to shoulder and defend our and our satellites society.

We’ll be commended for remaining uniform in thought and following the guidance of the authorities above us.
We’ll be commended didn’t succumb to the arrogance of thinking that we know better than Empress and Empire what’s right and wrong.
We’ll be commended for holding strong and not worrying that heathens criticize us.

Well…

Some of us will, anyway.

3 Likes

One can respect integrity even when it is completely in the wrong.

4 Likes

Yes, clearly, your god gave you not only the means to judge right and wrong for yourself, but the inevitable compulsion to do so… so that you might not use his gifts. More and more, I understand why your religious leaders call the body of their church a ‘flock’…

… because you’re all a bunch of mindless sheep.

6 Likes

One could argue that the ability to decide to follow is essential if there is to be any moral value in following; “loyalty not freely given is worth nothing” as they say back home.

Of course that is not the Amarrian argument in general

6 Likes

The flaw in interpretations of the Code of Demeanor is believing that any uniform thought is moral. But one must be uniform in righteous thought for it to be holy.

The enemies of the inside must be controlled.

4 Likes

I admit that I didn’t actually expect a response from the Amarr. So, thank you.

Mr. Vaari and Ms. Elkin, your responses essentially distill down to similar reasoning, that in this time of crisis you must stand together and allow no cracks to form. Ms. Elkin goes even further, pointing to blind obedience to the Sacred Throne. Of course, neither of you answered the question: does God, in your interpretation of the Scriptures, approve of the slaughter of tens of millions of slaves, rebel and obedient alike, that the Empire is supposed to be reclaiming? That is the commandment that He gave, after all.

“I give to you the destiny of Faith,
And you will bring its message to every planet of every star in the heavens:
Go forth, conquer in my Name, and reclaim that which I have given.”
- The Scriptures, Book of Reclaiming 22:13

“So the Lord sent forth the Chosen,
to bring forth the light of faith
And those who embrace his love
Shall be saved by his grace
For we are his shepherds in the darkness
His Angels of Mercy.
But those who turn away from his light,
And reject his true word
Shall be struck down by his wrath
For we are his retribution incarnate
His Angels of Vengeance”
- The Scriptures, Book of Reclaiming 4:45
(Emphasis mine.)

“Lead all children to the light of God, for Heaven is theirs to inherit.”
- The Scriptures, Book of Reclaiming

I could actually quote more verses from the Book of Reclaiming, but I am sure that all faithful Amarr are familiar to them. I am not a heathen, Ms. Elkin. Far from it. I grew up a slave in your Empire, leaning our faith, praying to the same God, which I still do. If the Holy Amarr Empire was indeed still Holy and the Sacred Throne still Sacred, I would be pleased to call myself Amarr. However, the Empire has been corrupted by men and women consumed with avarice and hubris. They cloak themselves in faith, but beneath, their hearts are dark and twisted.

Chamberlain Karsoth was a Blood Raider. Empress Jamyl was a clone. King Khanid II still rules, just having added another numeral to his name. Empress Catiz allows slaves to be sold on the SCC markets, letting capsuleers murder them by the millions, because it’s good for business.

There are tens of millions dead in Kahah. No distinction was made between combatants and non-combatants. The old, the infirm, and the young were slaughtered along with those actually fighting.

Where were their Angels of Mercy?

6 Likes

If One is not Capable of Sin, then One is not capable of Virtue.

3 Likes

Where is this tens of millions figure coming from, anyways? Casualty numbers on the surface wouldn’t have changed the PIE decision to oppose any attempt by U’K to invade, but I would definitely like to know the source for that number.

And who are you to decide what is moral!? Once again, the person we’re to be following is the Empress, and there’s no indication from her that anything was done wrong in Kahah. Without an outcry from any Empire sources, the whole backlash reeks of bleeding-heart abolitionist nonsense.

Indeed they must, Kernher. Indeed they must.

“There will be neither compassion nor mercy;
Nor peace, nor solace
For those who bear witness to these Signs
And still do not believe.”
- The Scriptures, Book of Reclaiming 25:10

And to quote the same passage you did…

"So the Lord sent forth the Chosen,
to bring forth the light of faith
And those who embrace his love
Shall be saved by his grace
For we are his shepherds in the darkness
His Angels of Mercy.
But those who turn away from his light,
And reject his true word
Shall be struck down by his wrath
For we are his retribution incarnate
His Angels of Vengeance"
- The Scriptures, Book of Reclaiming 4:45

Funny how you ignored part of it, huh? The rioting slaves were turning from the Light of God. No mercy is required.

Shut your filthy mouth! That is heresy of the highest order. Complete nonsense.

Who are you to judge the actions of the Empress. What arrogance to assume you know her full reasoning.

No, you’re not. You’re clearly a heretic.

4 Likes

Except she’s not talking about the rioting slaves. She’s talking about the millions of slaves who weren’t rioting, but got shelled into oblivion nonetheless.

Locators run in the immediate hours following the attack showed Jamyl I as active, then mysteriously all started reporting ‘never heard of her’. She was a clone. And in all likelihood, she’s still a clone, wherever she is.

S’funny, though, how you don’t dispute the allegations against Khanid. He’s an Heir of Jamyl’s iteration, isn’t he? One of the ones who all came up right around the same time as that Blooder Chancellor of yours? And she made sure to get him back into the Imperial power structure, too…

Makes you wonder what else they might have in common.

5 Likes

Probably where they always are, in the TLF and the Republic Fleet sending loyal Amarr to meet their god.

:wink:

5 Likes

Khanid plenipotentiary representative Sa-Baron Alar Chakaid, speaking from the surface of Kahah III, also issued a statement: "We thank the Lord for the deliverance of our Queen from the unspeakable evil of Minmatar terrorists and Ammatar blood cultist traitors. While we have forcibly removed several million slaves from their illegal occupation of Khanid Kingdom property, the process of removal continues elsewhere.

This statement was made on the 24th of October, 19 days ago. In that time combat operations have continued on the surface of Kahah, and causalities have continued to climb.

Sources from the Republic Security Services allege that “a wholesale slaughter is going on, with millions being corralled into the slave ghettos and subjected to artillery fire and suborbital bombardment.”

This was made on the same day. Again, the figure millions was used. I’d say that puts the number of dead at around 4 to 6 million on or around the 24th of October. If in the intervening time, I fear greatly that number has easily tipped the 10 million mark, if not 20 million. Though it is true I do not know for certain. However, I am confident the Khanid do not know how many slaves they have slaughtered, either.

At the very least, 3 million is reasonably certain.

Empress Catiz, whose Udorian heritage was overlooked when her house was elevated to be an heir, because of its wealth? After the Khanid left, the Tash-Murkon essentially brought their way to becoming an heir and within three generations now sits on the Sacred Throne. If the True Amarr can’t seem to follow their own rules and Scriptures, why do you expect your slaves to? This is the same Empress that as Heir decreed it was okay to use TCMCs to control their slaves. How is that reclaiming? How are you bringing souls into your faith and Empire when their very existence is a lie?

So, no. I do not look look to your Empress for lessons on morality. However, if she wished to impart her wisdom on how to make ISK, that I would happily listen to.

I won’t make the same arguments that some of my Matari brethren make. I would expect that any slave in open rebellion against their holder to be a valid combatant and beyond the sympathy of any Amarr. However, the Khanid are not discriminating. A laser pulse might be precise, but an orbital bombardment is indiscriminate. Slaves are being herded into the slave ghettos and being bombarded from orbit. These are places where they live. They are not military barracks, but buildings with whole families inside. These orbital strikes are killing mothers with their babies and children along with proud young warriors and revolutionaries. The Khanid are not just killing the evil, but also the good, the intelligent, the weak, and the beautiful.

Considering that I am an Arzadian, and the Theology Council sentenced St. Arzad to death for his beliefs, declaring him heretical, I would think I would be a heretic, from your point of view. However, given that your Empire has twisted the Scriptures, rewritten them to suit their desires, or flat our ignored them when they wished, I do not feel that an Amarr calling me a heretic to be an insult. Rather a compliment.

I will serve the Lord God by bringing His Light to those in the dark. It was through mercy, grace, and respect that St. Arzad brought the Starkmanir into the Light. It was by evil twisted desires, by power without righteousness, anger untempered by faith, hubris unchecked by the fear of God that Ardishapur all but destroyed us. King Khanid has set himself above the Lord God by the very symbol of his Kingdom. It shows in his actions. Do the rest of the Amarr not fear the Judgement of Almighty God?

4 Likes

May I gently remind you that her royal highness specifically said the age of slavery was over.
We will see the conquest of the cluster to the faith but it need not be with weapons or slavery. We must adapt tactics. The old ways will not work in the current clusters climate, people are after all evolving past mindless slaughter and can be reasoned with.

Not everyone but most. They will see the light the question is how.

1 Like

So, your casualty figures are based on the assumption that the casualty rate per day stayed as high as the initial days when the population was enraged by the blood raider Deathglow attack and Khanid forces were desperately moving to rescue their Queen?

I have no doubt that Chakaid was involved in a wholesale slaughter well beyond what the situation justified, and I have my own questions about why he was allowed anywhere near Kahah, but he is one field commander rather than the entire deployment.

In general, the known unknowns in this situation far outnumber the knowns, so maybe people should step back and quit making grandiose statements and gestures that get more people killed until we actually know what happened?

1 Like

Maybe you should give that advice to your Khanid vassals; you know, the ones who are doing the indiscriminate killing in the Kahah system.

2 Likes

They are certainly not my vassals.

I didn’t look in the mirror this morning, did I wake up looking like the Empress or something?

2 Likes

Certainly not your personal vassals, Lok’ri. I meant as in vassals of Amarr, aka “your people”. Don’t play pedant, please.

2 Likes

Would you like me to edit my initial post down to several million rather than the likely tens of millions it is? Would it make a difference? I don’t think my statement grandiose, simply stating a sadly likely possibility. And do you really imply that my statement of tens of millions will result in the Khanid killing more innocent people? Do you hear what you are actually saying?