Retaliation

Perhaps you are implying that Mizhara is your acting retainer, then?

1 Like

No, I am not.

1 Like

Then perhaps you should not allow her to act on your behalf.

1 Like

“Allow”. I am what I am, I do what I do, and frankly it’s not like anyone on these boards have even the slightest power to decide one way or another how that goes. While you all try to score cheap points against or belittle me, Samira or both in vain, perhaps you should worry a little more about why it ended up as it did, rather than how you would have preferred it to go.

Perhaps it’s time to look inward, and see whether or not the way you deal with things might not be somewhat… counter-productive?

3 Likes

Things are as they are because Samira is under the impression that your methods are more admirable than PIE’s.

We disagree with that assessment and call into question her judgement. We also do not wish to be associated with that judgement. I find no fault in ourselves for that.

Hrm, I wonder. Personally, I wouldn’t have gone to such lengths or sought so far afield if I hadn’t been failed closer to home. I mean, imagine for a moment that you’re right. Imagine that my methods are considered more ‘admirable’ (I suspect they’re not, merely more necessary and effective). Get into that mindset for a moment… then imagine how absolutely horrid your methods have to be to compare so unfavorably.

Now, I’m not going to speak for her as to why she chose as she did. She’s perfectly capable of speaking for herself. Still though… if I were you, I’d question if perhaps it’s time to… revise the ‘methods’. As a little tip: Actually doing something, anything, is vastly preferable to sitting on your arse doing fuckall but orbit buttons and resting on reputations of the past.

1 Like

I do not get to decide PIE’s methods. I’ll forward your concerns to an Admiral.

Oh stop making excuses. You’re all freelancer capsuleers, every single one of you. Not one of you ever get to play the ‘just a subordinate’ card. You do exactly what you choose to do, no more or less, no matter your rank or place in a corp. You want to play command structures and so on, that’s all well and good, but no one is responsible for your choices or actions, except you.

You get to decide your methods, and you get to decide what you think of other people’s methods, and you never get to avoid the responsibility of failing to act as long as you’re a capsuleer. None of us ever have that luxury. All of us, every single one, have to choose to not act or to not do the right thing.

Deferring responsibility? It’s very Amarr, but it’s also quite cowardly as far as capsuleers go.

3 Likes

Not more admirable. More necessary. I would have loved to have been able to rely on the law to get justice on my behalf, but recent history has been proven that that won’t happen. So we went to the basics: If you attack me and mine, I will attack you and yours. If the reigning authorities cannot be relied on to arbitrate matters then those matters will be taken directly into the hands of those affected.

4 Likes

I stand corrected. It still does not change the fact that you allowed a declared enemy of the Empire, faith and PIE to carry out violence on your behalf. She has no place in this conflict, and using her as a proxy besmirches your cause and your reputation. Our reaction merely reflects that damage willfully done. Mizhara cares about neither your causes nor your clout within the Empire, so it is your responsibility to set her bounds if you wish to keep those.

If this is your new modus operandi when it comes to conflicts within Dam-Amarr, then the least you could have done would be ensure that you, and you alone, could take responsibility for the act of retaliation. Your declaration that this is a feud between you and Chakaid was a good move, but it came too late and still does not remove the foreign terrorist agent you are using (or being used by) from the equation. If you do not wish to be judged for your affiliations, then do not allow those affiliations to become a factor in your affairs.

I’ll not lecture you on how wrong your assumption about the Imperial power structure is. Even if you are correct about its impotency, you should be acting to render power unto it, not undermining it further.

Let me get this straight: It was wrong to use an enemy of the Empire to attack a representative of the Empire? Hah! Priceless. Altough said person was also an enemy of the Empire not too many years ago…

1 Like

No, it was wrong of her to allow an enemy of the Empire to attack anything in her name, with her consent.

Why was it wrong to use the resources at her disposal? We’ve all heard about PIE flying alongside blooders and Sansha. Why is that ok? Miz isn’t wrong when she says that each and every one of us chooses to stay where we are or leave, even if I do disagree when she limits that freedom and responsibility to capsuleers.

So, as a human being, why were you ok with associating with enemies of the Empire when it served your needs, but not when it serves someone else’s? Or… did I just answer my own question?

3 Likes

I didn’t think it needed stating until people started making accusations that this was an attack on the Empire as a whole. I’m no more attacking the Empire than the Darabi or Miyan families were when they fought their war.

For the rest, judge as you will.

2 Likes

Then perhaps her actual people should have assisted her in her time of need instead?

Because none of them did, as near as I can tell, not in getting revenge nor in caring for her assailed relative, and then when she finds her own ways, she’s punished for it.

I sincerely do not get it. Was the only permissible response to do nothing, or is it that she did not wait for an investigation, or should she have petitioned more Amarr pilots before turning to Mizhara?

I suppose it doesn’t really matter now, but it looks weird.

2 Likes

A case could be made that one of them did.

5 Likes

This is not quite true. I was given plenty of offers of help. Lord Newelle was even the first to call me after it had happened.

My involvement in this was my own choice. It was not a response to any perceived sense of abandonment.

They want to wait for an investigation, or conduct their own, and to allow the proper authorities to handle it. They at least want confirmation that Chakaid is the actual culprit before taking any action against him.

2 Likes

Yes, I am more than willing to do violence on Lady Newelle’s behalf. That’s my professional obligation, my personal vow, and task assigned. Violence is one thing. It might seem a bit out of place to say that it’s not personal when doing harm to another, but in most cases it is not. Most of the people that I’ve killed were just one more face in a sea of faces.

However, mere violence is not vengeance. Violence upon another at the command of yet another is dispassionate; it is a duty to be accomplished. Vengeance is when I want that particular person to suffer for what they have done to me or my loved ones. Vengeance blazes with the heat of a star.

Two hypothetical scenarios:
In the first case, Lady Newelle orders me to go eliminate some unsavory persons. I go do that. Violence done, task accomplished, pay earned. Just another Tuesday night.

In the second case, Lady Newelle decides that she is going to go personally eliminate some unsavory person that caused her grief (and does anyone really think she would be one to shy from this?). I have to convince her not to go, or at least, stay further back from the fighting, since it’s my job to keep her from harm. Even if she agrees–unlikely–I then get ordered to bring this unsavory person to her alive. That is vengeance.

Whatever you say about my hypocrisy, neither I, not Lady Newelle have ever shied from wading into the blood to do things ourselves. That is one of the reasons I am her retainer: she fights. I could have never sworn loyalty to a holder that sat around and did nothing all day.

The rest of the Amarr did want to be certain they were attacking the right target, because it wasn’t personal to them. You should not blame them for their hesitation. However, an immediate reaction was called for, as I agree that the targeting of families is beyond the pale. So you do it yourself.

Del’thul would attack the Empire because it happens to be a day that ends in Y. Adding her into this mix muddied the water.

Dammit, Samira, if you had done this yourself, you would not have slammed the door on future support from within the Empire.

1 Like

Hypocrisy thy name is Amarr.

2 Likes

The big problem in your reasoning is that you think this is vengeance.

It isn’t.

What we did was a warning. “You punch me, I punch you right back. Think twice before punching me again.”

1 Like