Returning player, 12 ish years experience - Long post - Thanks

Yep its that time again where another player returns to EVE because they just cant stay away.

This time its a filthy casual player (Time limited to every other evening)

So here we go, Who wants a part time player joining their ranks? Perhaps some information could be useful first.

I started my life in eve Way back in the early days of 2004, because i decided to take a break from another MMO i played called SWG. (lets not go there)

Some time passed and I developed a nasty habit of falling asleep in mining belts and basically got bored out of my brain until i met a bloke doing level 4 missions in his unstoppable raven mission runner. After running with him for a while i got myself a battleship and a new kind of boring stepped into light, The mission grinding boring.
So like most people i fluttered into and out-of the game until i got my first taste of PVP. I started my PVP in a corporation called the Thundercats and we where fighting Band of brothers, it seemed at the time like they where EVE’s Big Bad Nasty corp who needed their ass kicking and we mostly got ours kicked trying to kick said ass, but one day the arse fell out of bob totally and for whatever reason we managed to take the famed space that they occupied. Then the TEST fight started.
At this point i decided to take a break and i returned a lot later on. Things had changed with the politics and with the new things in the game and i felt i had to re-learn it, Wormholes came out and i decided it was time to try my hand at building my own corp and developing a community.
To fund this i decided to sell my main and bring myself back up by training a very tight and specific skill build character, one who would fly a zealot with absolute perfection and issue out a serious ass kicking.

Using the money earned from the sale i purchased a few assets and went toward recruiting new people to explore wormholes and venture forth with skills and knowledge i had learned in 0.0 space back in my War days.

We took our own space and defended it against others, i passed my knowledge to others as we not only defended but on some occasions took the fight back to the enemy.
one of my pilots at the time had a real nack for the old style directional scanning using his help we managed to chase back an attacker (who had killed a new member who was mining at the time) to his wormhole, collapse it whilst we where inside it, navigate our way to mapped space before him, locate his POS and arrange a heavy assault against his POS, eventually strategically locking the defenders out by collapsing the wormhole each time we eliminated an enemy eventually opening up communications to negotiate their surrender, Our terms for surrender where at the time, 3 billion isk and the corpse of the guy who killed our miner newbie.

I left the corp to take another break later on eventually coming back again and joined a small corporation who became part of NEXUS fleet, my role was that of a diplomatic position as within 3 days of being inside the corp i had joined, the corp leader had put me as his XO and used me to negotiate and discuss issues and concerns with NEXUS, our time there was short but i met a few interesting people and learned a bit more about the game.

So after selling multiple characters, having multiple interesting endeavours, i return once again to put my foot back into my star-ship with the aim to settle my hat for good. Id like a community of people who will accept my time limitations who consider themselves well established instead of flash in the pan endeavours, where i can meet more people learn more skills and pass down history and advice to others who ask for it.

This post has gone on long enough, Personal contact is better via mail at first, ask any questions you want and i will respond as quickly as i can. Reply’s to this thread will be responded to as and when possible.

Thanks in advance. see you in the black!

3 Likes

Welcome back!:flying_saucer::star2:

2 Likes

Thanks! As always its good to be back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What is your current SP on your main? Or did you sell your last main and start over with this character?

1 Like

36 mil - This toon was a support, the main was sold off a while ago and this will be another rebuild.

1 Like

Hey, nice to see you back.
I am recruiting on behalf of Origin. We are a dedicated and active but easy to fly with group that focuses mainly on getting fights. IF you think this would of interest we have some other details for you to look over about us.

Here are some basic details about us:

Origin.
best ustz corp in game
we have tall CEO
0.0 pvp, good isk making also
looking for ppl who are breathing
2300-0600 eve time play time
Mail me in-game or dm on discord at Jason K’Night#5456
To app goto our forums
BESTEST PROMO VID EVER

1 Like

hi welcome back captain . what is your play time ?

1 Like

Usually in the evenings, Related to my work i’m a committee chairman and my primary 2 functions with my company is day to day management and senior consultant.
Outside the company I have 4 Daughters (eldest is 17, youngest is 19 months) So my plate is quite full.

In regard to what i’m looking for (seems to be the most asked question) I would like to get back into nulsec, not sure I can provide the required up-time to take on any meta/strategic/diplomatic role although it is my strongest point of play i frankly have enough management tasks to take on in my day to day.

When online 0.0 ratting access would be nice, Fleet operations would be good also either roaming gangs or major ops, might be better to cut my teeth again first before moving with any major op. Id love to move into Blackops later down the line and explore bombing mechanics as its an aspect of the game I have spent very little to no time with.

This next one is a BIG ask! but i’m really put off by dishonourable smack-talking or general unnecessary banter talk that seems so prevalent within most of the game/games, so id be more happy to be within a corp who treats people internally with a level of respect and can keep relatively clean com’s.

Don’t get me wrong though i’m up for a laugh, i’m not some easily triggered over sensitive player, sometimes reading chats/posts going on for 25 mins about how “its not gay unless your toes curl…” etc just doesn’t appeal to me at all.

Hope this helps, Thanks once again. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I understand you, have spend the last couple of months watching loads of youtube videos of fleet fights, in order to filter down to groups and FC’s that can fly / command fleets without continuously swearing and shouting or talking trash about their opponents! I like to fly EVE on the positive side.

2 Likes

I hear you man.

Learn the lingo, Clear the head, Follow commands and don’t end up dead! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bokbok @Tarkadoll,

You should join us on discord sometime to chat about Fweddit, http://discord.fweddit.space/.

Fweddit is a member of the Free Range Chikuns alliance which is an independent poultry-loving group that specializes in blops drops, cap drops, and small gang fights. We operate mostly during the US and Late EU time zones. We’re looking for pilots to join and come blow up other people’s ships with us.

Join us in our discord so we can chat. Feel free to ping me (@Attack Penguin#0001) in Discord when you join if you want to chat. If I’m not around when you join you can ping any of the other recruiters by typing @Human Resources.

If you want to read more about Fweddit you can check out our ad on the EVE forums at Join Fweddit - Become a Space Chikun! [USTZ].

Hope to speak with you soon!

-Phoenix

1 Like

Hi Tarka!

Welcome back! I, like you, am A Old (not by quite so much; I started in 2008), with some gaps in between.

I’ve finally settled back into what was my previous home, and this time I think it’s gonna stick. I live out in Providence, and a I run a newbie corp to train new players for living in NRDS sov space. This is a great place to get fights on any scale you want, and I’ve had the good fortune to be part of an alliance of excellent people. None of those edgelord trash-goblins on comms, great fleets, all around a great community.

I think somebody like you would be a great asset to our team, to help our pilots get deeper into the game and learn some of the history and lore.

If you’re interested, you can check out the ad I wrote here (geared towards new pilots):
Akadeimia Keipouron: We serve you HOTT Space Knowledge!.

You can also come visit us on our Discord, here: https://discord.gg/7ggZZ5f.

Glad to have you with us! Fly safe!

o7
EH

2 Likes

@Elassus_Herron This might be exactly what I am looking for too! Going to look into it, looks great from the attitude side too!

1 Like

@Tarkadoll Sorry for mixing so much with your thread… will stay quiet now!

1 Like

If you still haven’t found a group please mail me or contact me on discord at Zander Exvirus#3774

1 Like

If you’re still looking, give us a look. We’re a smaller group that is looking to make a name for ourselves in the war in the south. Perhaps you might be interested in helping carve a new name in nullsec instead of joining an established one.

Flaming Fist Rising was formed in 2013 by a few friends and went strong for sometime. It is now being revived by both old leadership and some new alike.

Who We Are

✦ A Revived Corporation Looking To Carve A New Name In Nullsec

✦ Member Of VINDICTIVE & Winter Coalition

✦ Great Community Who Love Space & Big Ideas

✦ Members Looking To Be Apart of Make Eve History

✦ Small But Ambitious Group

What We Offer

✦ Solo / Small Gang PVP

✦ Large Scale Fleet PVP With Coalition (Go To WAR)
✦ Ship Replacement Program (For Corp Ops)

✦ Manufacturing & Industry Structures

✦ Upgraded Asteroid Belts & Combat Sites (Thanks to Nullsec ADMs)

✦ Corporation & Alliance Logistics (Jump Freighter Services)

✦ Opportunity To Be Apart Of The Game Changing Battles Of EVE

✦ Great Community Of People

✦ People First & Foremost

Why Choose Us ?

✦ Drama Not Tolerated

✦ Content Rich Region Of Space

✦ Experienced Alliance & Coalition Leadership

✦ Experienced & Helpful Members Who Love PVP

✦ We can find something for you

✦ Opportunity To Be Apart of Growing A Brand New Name
✦ Opportunity For Corporation Leadership Roles (FC etc)

Requirements

✦ Maturity & Respect

✦ Teamwork

✦ Voice Communications ( Discord, Mumble)

✦ USTZ or EUTZ ( Would consider other Time zones)

✦ Willingness to learn & Adapt

✦ New Players must understand dangers of Nullsec, but great risk brings great reward.

In Game Recruitment Channel : Flaming Fist Rising Public

Apply Today
or join the public chat if you have any questions

1 Like

Hey @Tarkadoll

I think your casual play style and years of EVE experience would make a great fit for our corp Filthy Peasants.

Our corp is a lowsec/npc 0.0 pvp corp that provides an RL first environment for you to play at your convenience. We’re not the biggest or baddest group on the block but we definitely provide competent, daily PvP experiences for you to enjoy. We pride ourselves on taking most fight regardless of the odds or the adversary as all of us are here to fight and have fun doing it.

Check out our forum post and join our public chat Open Filth in game if you’re interested. Good luck!

1 Like

Hi just returned to game myself a couple of year hiatus. I am a recruiter for for FAYN Industries. We are in Null Sec or 0.0, have have a great amount to offer. We are looking for USTZ players but will accept any players that want to have fun, and play EVE. I have a industrial character as well as a PVP player and were we are at makes it fun.

We want you if you can meet the following:

*Must have a 10 Mil in SP. Omega character.
*Can talk on Mumble
*Can take directions.
*Want to have fun.
*No drama queens!

We offer:

✠ Industrial Mining
✠ Manufacturing (to include capitals)
✠ Level 5 Null Sec Industry and Military
✠ Corp Buyback Program
✠ Boosted Mining Ops
✠ Discord/Mumble voice comms
✠ Friendly Group of Players
✠ Corp Mining Days (for your pocket) & Moon Mining
✠ Great PVE/PVP Content
✠ Small PVP Fleets
✠ SRP Available on Fleets
✠ Doctrine Fits Available

For more information contact Sirxamoc in game or on Discord SirxAmoc#3933 or
:airplane: into our Recruitment Channel to find out more.
In game channel: FAYN.Recruits or https://www.fayn.tk/

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.