I’m looking through, and it looks like there was an update done to scanning ships and modules… I thought I remember Astero’s having a +20 bonus to virus strength, while the racial ships had a 10%… it looks like it’s now all at 10%, while the T2 modules are at +30 vs +20… so, effectively, as far as virus strength goes, it looks like it doesn’t matter anymore whether using a T2 ship or the Astero… Were there changes that were made? Could someone point me to patch notes so i can see what was all updated?
- Amarr Frigate Bonus: 4% bonus to Armor Resists
- Gallente Frigate Bonus: 20% bonus to drone hitpoints
- Role Bonus : 100% reduction in CPU requiement for cloaks, 37.5% increase Scan Prob Strength and +10 Virus strength for Relic and Data Analyzers
- Can fit Covert Ops Cloaking devices
- Slot layout: 2H, 4M, 4L; 2 turrets, 0 launchers
- Fittings: 32 PWG, 170 CPU
- Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 540 / 600 / 600
- Capacitor (amount) : 430
- Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 312 / 2.87 / 975000 / 3.88s
- Drones (bandwidth / bay): 25 / 75
- Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 37km / 620 / 6
- Sensor strength: 13
- Signature radius: 35
- Cargo Capacity: 210
Astero has +10 bonus since initial deployment and I don’t think that anything was changed over the time.
Better question is - do I need to max out Ammar and Gallente frigate skills to get better overall stats for Astero or they are not relevant?
What stats? You have clearly stated specific racial bonuses that are affected by those skills.
Pro tip: they don’t help with scanning.
On Scanning, I know that having Covops to IV or V will push the racial ships to scan better than the Astero.
I could have sworn when I looked at the racial ships 2 years ago the max Virus strength was 30, where the Astero had a better bonus and so pushed it to 40.
Looking at the link for when the Astero was introduced, that clearly states that it was +10 virus Strength, which it still is now. Don’t know where I messed it up then.
Hah, ok. Just visited eve wiki
Gallente Frigate bonuses (per skill level):
20% bonus to Drone hitpoints
Amarr Frigate bonuses (per skill level):
4% bonus to all armor resistances
I guess this answers my question. Thought so far that having higher skills in firgate’s more than required to fly Astero doesn’t give extra effect. I was wrong.
This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.