Shield Implants /faint

They arrived…

Implants:

Added Nirvana “Shield Slave” Implants, initially available through the “Dragonaur Blitz” event:

• Mid-grade Nirvana Alpha +3 Perception 1% Bonus to shield hitpoints with 10% set bonus

• Mid-grade Nirvana Beta +3 Memory 2% Bonus to shield hitpoints with 10% set bonus

• Mid-grade Nirvana Gamma +3 Willpower 3% Bonus to shield hitpoints with 10% set bonus

• Mid-grade Nirvana Delta +3 Intelligence 4% Bonus to shield hitpoints with 10% set bonus

• Mid-grade Nirvana Epsilon +3 Charisma 5% Bonus to shield hitpoints with 10% set bonus

• Mid-grade Nirvana Omega 25% set bonus

• High-grade Nirvana Alpha +4 Perception 1% Bonus to shield hitpoints with 15% set bonus

• High-grade Nirvana Beta +4 Memory 2% Bonus to shield hitpoints with 15% set bonus

• High-grade Nirvana Gamma +4 Willpower 3% Bonus to shield hitpoints with 15% set bonus

• High-grade Nirvana Delta +4 Intelligence 4% Bonus to shield hitpoints with 15% set bonus

• High-grade Nirvana Epsilon +4 Charisma 5% Bonus to shield hitpoints with 15% set bonus

• High-grade Nirvana Omega 50% set bonus

Low-Grade Nirvana Implants will become available in the future.

3 Likes

Oh, this us great news. Shield tanker pilots will be glad.

1 Like

How are they attainable? Through the LP Store? If it is so, then from what faction?

1 Like

Try reading the patch notes like the rest of us :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

check new release notes

2 Likes

Oh, and the sharp whip of the unforgiving and inplacable Eve player doesn’t fail to sting me. I will thoroughly read the patch notes.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

You’re welcome. I for one am excited about these new implants. Watch the price of Genolution Implants tank because shield super/titan pilots don’t need them anymore. SELL SELL SELL!

Too late lol

1 Like

Of course the balance of armour v shield is now fubar as CCP seem to have forgotten that shields were already designed to be balanced against armour slave ships (well, capitals at any rate).

1 Like

Good, I’ve been wanting to get a full set of genos for my 3rd toon. My 1st toon has a geno clone already, my 2nd toon has a free set of genos not implanted yet (from some event a year or two or three ago where genos were dropping? or else from a giveaway on the character selection screen? or both? whatever)… but my 3rd toon has no genos.

gonna make myself a shield/missile clone trio… with genos and missile hardwiring implants. yes, now I could just wait for shield slaves to come down in price, but ughhhh…

2 Likes

A) implants-wise there were shield crystals (shield rep) and armor slave (armor buffer) for the longest time… then they added asklepians (armor rep) with the 40 day Serpentis event like 3 or 4 years ago one summer at this point… such a wait from that point to this point with the nirvanas (shield buffer, at last).

B) screw the caps. As I said elsewhere earlier today, just stop all armor/shield slaves (buffer) implants from applying to capital and supercapital hulls. Fix’d.

C) Don’t talk about shield and armor being imbalanced unless you’re gonna mention that there’s TWO battleships bonused for some hawt RR action on the armor side (Nestor and Leshak) and NONE on the shield side (yet).

Let’s take care of that before we worry about other Shield/Armor balance issues. (ignoring the cap/supercap side of things, most of which have to do with midslots vs. lowslots and with shield rigs and shield extenders and such penalizing sig radius while armor rigs and plates penalize mass/agility/etc.).

1 Like

by the low sec event, so only people that survive getting out of low sec with them will be highly paid

1 Like

CCP has always said that shield slaves would need to include a shield regen penalty to avoid passive shield doctrine from becoming to dominant.

The fact that they have ignored this and implemented them without that drawback is fairly concerning.

According to that Dev Blog:

These implants will initially be available only through the Dragonaur Blitz event,

So after the event is done, those Implant BPC’s will eventually be available in LP Store.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.