Show All Ship names / labels in space Mac OS Monterey 2022

Hi. Looking for ‘how to’ regarding Always Showing Ship Bracket Text Option for the latest Mac OS in 2022
The old ‘how to’ does not suffice.

First post

But have no fear Mac USERS, I have figured it out. Below are the instructions on how to get your Mac native client using Monterey 2022 to show all ship labels in space. And here is how it looks:

1. From your finder, on the top bar select ‘Go’ - a drop down menu appears.
  2. With the drop down menu showing, press your ‘option’ key and you’ll see the ‘Library’ tab appear between Home and Computer.
  3. Click on Library
  4. Follow this path in the folders: Library > Application Support > CCP > EVE > users_homefolderdername_library_application_support_eve_online_sharedcache_tq_eve.app_contents_resources_build_tranquility > settings_Default > prefs.in
    It looks like this:
  5. At the bottom you’ll see the ‘prefs.ini’ text file… open it with TextEdit
  6. At the bottom of the ‘prefs.ini’ file, copy and paste or type in this text: bracketsAlwaysShowShipText=1
    The prefs.ini should look like this:
  7. Select file and simply save the ‘prefs.ini’ file.

If you are in the game client… load up the overview you want. Note, there are lots of ways to make adjustments and many tutorials on how to do this. If you can’t get the overview sorted, I suggest you join House of 3 chat channel in Eve. In that channel they link a YouTube how to and invite you to their Discord. Massive shout out to House of3 Discord and 3TEARS and TEN for their feedback and direction.

1. Load up the overview you want, save it, then log out of game.
  2. Quit game
  3. Close EVE launcher
  4. Reopen, log in, and ta-da… All Ship Names and Labels with your desired settings will be present.

Hope this helps my fellow Mac OS users!

1 Like

So I see that this ‘bracketsAlwaysShowShipText=1’ meant to be added/saved to the YAML file… but WHERE?? how/where does this line go? at the bottom like this as seen in the screen shot?

Unless of course I’m in the wrong file… anyone here able to screen shot their Mac OS prefs file for Eve to show where the bracketsAlwaysShowShipText=1 goes? It’s not:
~/Library/Application Support/EVE Online/p_drive/Local Settings/Application Data/CCP/EVE/SharedCache/wineenv/drive_c/users/username/Local Settings/Application Data/CCP/EVE/c_tq_tranquility
That is no longer a path for MAC OSX

Really, no one?? Unreal

Just stop playing on a MAC.

Apple’s a cult. :sunglasses:

1 Like

With apple products you are a user

With windows and android you are the administrator

1 Like

FTFY :wink:

I’m not american.

Still the software has the backdoor built into it according to rumor so doesn’t matter where you live if you use it you have it with all its “features”. Not that they aren’t monitoring comms traffic all over the world anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

Exactly.

And with apple you get safari which is a horrid pile of sht and other added tracking stuff, extra ads, auto cookies. Even from a development standpoint, apple OS makes no sense.

My missus loves i phone and everytime i use it, it’s like a gated kids toy. A horrible brand and OS

all valid remarks regarding Mac… but here we are. Any proper insight would be nice apart from the fact we all agree I’m playing eve on a less than platform

1 Like

Never argued nor implied otherwise, just pointed out a funny fact as a joke. If you check my posting history you’ll see I tend to do that. So my post was not in favor of mac or anything like that. :slight_smile:

I know. Im just ripping into apple because it’s a sht product and people fall for the brand.

Get yourself even a £500 laptop and all your problems will be gone.

lol yes well…

I figured it out. Thanks for the help Eve :neutral_face:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.