Siege Green - Structure Updates Now Avaialble for Testing

No, what I said was that what is good for the bigger group is good for significantly more players. That’s the point. You want to maximize utility for the most players. That tends to mean that you focus on where those players are, and a majority of characters in the game are in big groups, across all areas of space.

Yeah, I’m the one making these decisions for CCP. Right.

As for the resentment, I find that people in this game have a very hard time being civil to people who disagree with them, and they immediately like to assume that those who do not play the game the way they do have no ability to understand what it’s like to play the game the way they do, which is a pretty big (and usually wrong) assumption.

And if they respond to you with what the problem is, that changes nothing, since this is how they are planning to address it. I’ve explained why I’ve pushed for these changes. Obviously what I suggested was persuasive since they’re making them. So hey - if you don’t want to wait for CCP, you can read what I said the problems were and stop waiting.

Everybody benefited from the implementation of citadels - I mean, that’s literally why these small groups are complaining. They like and use these structures and generate content from them. If they didn’t want these structures, they’d still be using POSes or living our of NPC stations. This argument makes zero sense.

I don’t think they need to be resolved together - we can do this and then go fix the war dec switcheroo nonsense.

They can fight other small groups all they want. Do you honestly think no small groups will fight each other if this change goes through? Again, what did they do before medium structures?

None. But why should they have advantages that the big groups don’t have?

Again, you seem to think this is going to push people out of the game. I don’t think it will. Folks will adapt, because that’s what we do in the game.

I think it is a bad idea when we start making any kind of balancing decisions in the game based on what “individuals” will do. This is an MMO. You start not doing things because they will have a negative impact on somebody, and that literally means you can change nothing in the game. Every change will screw somebody over. Doesn’t matter what it is.

Right, because Atrum is going to love SRPing 5 bil jackdaws. That is the reason why you don’t do it, not because individual players can’t afford them. It’s that it’s not financially feasible for the large groups to require expensive ships because they are going to be the ones paying to replace them when folks lose them, which is inevitable. And no large group exists without SRP. It’s one of the primary benefits to being in a big group.

I appreciate what you’re saying here and you trying to fight for the little guy, but you don’t need to pretend that the reason we do things is some kind of altruistic “let’s let everybody play, coach!” kind of thing. It’s because it makes the most sense, gets the most people in fleet, and numbers are important in this game.