Skewed Project Discovery Reward Structure

Is it possible the rewards system for Project discovery could receive a slight restructuring?

As of right now it is significantly (and I really do mean significantly) more rewarding simply to mark no transit for everything except the most obvious control images.

Marking no transit for everything gives approximately 2 million isk ticks and quick leveling, while actively searching for transits and achieving ~85% accuracy only gives at most 500,000 ticks and very slow leveling.

Shouldn’t it be more rewarding to actually search for transits and to reach a relatively high accuracy rating? It bothers me that I have to choose between actually contributing and being rewarded for my time and effort.

I agree I love what this mini game promises but when I spend 30-40 minutes marking off irregular transits on one sample the 60,000-70,000 ISK doesn’t seem like much constellation. Sometimes at the very edge of there will land an obvious transit most people completely miss. So ill mark it with the full knowledge that because they are at the edge and hard to see I will most likely get a fail for marking it. Then my reward for being accurate is a drop in accuracy and penalty less ISK/hour on top of a lower accuracy reducing my ISK per completion WTF?

I will say exoplanet game is an ISK exploit for those long haul jumpers until the reward system gets balanced.

2 Likes

i wounder how some players allready gotthe rank 150 and the BPC for the Enforcer … it takes hours each day for me and the isk is a joke … but i want the ship … how did the “finisher” get so many points to allready get the BPC??

git gud

Yeah, I’m assuming you’re either joking or completely clueless.

Project discovery was changed the day after I made this thread; You’d basically have to be a brain-dead llama to have less than a 90% accuracy rating now.

finaly i made it to 99% accuracy now … it takes long but i want the BPC so … i still wounder how some guys could have it in a few days but thats a different story i guess …

Aye, by now it works. The evaluation samples seem to be correct now in most cases. It would still be nice to have a few evaluation samples that have no transits at all, because as it stands, it’s safer to mark at least some transits even though there aren’t any, since all the evaluation samples always have transits in them.

I confirme. As OP said:

it is way more productive to simply mark a sample as “no transist” and only focus ont the very obvisous one.

I reach 97% accuracy and im only pushing the “no transit” button.

The reward are not impressive at all… and since i spent 2B ISK on injecting manufacturing skill in hope to get my blueprint reward taht were labelled as “original copy” in the mini game, i continue grinding the levels because the blueprints were in fact copies and my dream of an ISK printing manufactuing operations are gone with the glitch in the tooltip… as well as my 2B ISK injected…

1 Like

Pro-tip, if something looks too good to be true it probably is.

It doesn’t make sense for CCP to give out originals of something like that.

Even if they did the number of ships that many BPOs would put on the market would quickly see the price crater.

In either case a quick sanity check says that’s not a great investment…

i know i know… i thought that the time invested to get the so called BPO was too long that many player would not get those BPO hance making them worth spending my time in the mini game… who knows…

but i did many checks here and there before doing any moves of any kind… i red many time the tooltip of the rewards to be sure… i did research on “where the pacifier BPO drop”… i looked at market and contract.

That what i find frustratiing in EVE, each time i try something new, it cost me Millions… after few mistakes i though i learned to check, double check and tripple check for unkonw game mecanic… apparently i didnt learned hard enough… again…

1 Like

I am curious, i understand its portrayed as a mini-game…

But why are people concerned so much with how little or great the rewards are?
Is this not supposed to be helping Real Life science?

Sure millions of samples were already completed, and the player base was acknowledged for it.
But come on for christ sakes…
If all you are concerned about is your “Reward” maybe you should quit trying as you are a pathetic human being.
If you want a real reward for it, then get into astronomy or what ever it takes to work for NASA or other organizations that does nothing but this for a living and get off your entitled high horse.

The problem is that it’s still a game and has game elements, and right now the rewards don’t incentivize good science, they incentivize spamming “No Transit” which doesn’t actually help real life science.

2 Likes

Quick fix to that would be to make the payout more directly dependent on accuracy. Accuracy = 0, payout = 0.

And? They said the ships where intended to be abundant, hence why there was no problem to give hundreds of them to ghost farms. So from that standpoint it was completely believable that the item could be a BPO.

Anyway, a simple BPC is not worth the effort in my books. I get that it is citizen science and all and helps research, but as you said in another post it is also supposed to be a game. And from a gaming perspective the minigame is just extremely boring and a real chore. A BPO would have probably made that chore worthwhile.

I mean how many game hours do you have to invest to get an actual t2 BPO? Probably comparable.

But its science! \o/

No, it is a minigame to look for stuff which could probably better be found by one of those new AIs, and if not already then probably within the next couple of years.

Usually when something seems too good to be true, it’s not.

1 Like

Not even close, lol. Especially not with the current reward structure.

That just means it’s not for you. Personally I’m having quite a bit of fun with it and I’ve enjoyed watching my accuracy percentage climb as I’ve gotten better at identifying transits.