Slowing down the decline of EVE

Tricky at this stage. But I can’t see what else they can do about it other than invent a new paper. It really doesn’t work to nerf capitals/supers, you can’t take away the ones out there, and as you say, if you limit the next generation then the people who are capital-rich now become king of the hill.

You could give them each a weakness to create new rock vs. paper but that will scream ‘nerf’ I think.

Or they could look at that humungous gap between Battleships and the lowest capitals and stick an entirely new ship class in there of ‘Capital hunters’, seems like a pretty big job for CCP’s current resources. Might be interesting to have a whole new set of ships in play though.

However, as said, I think fine-tuning current gameplay issues that mostly apply to high end players or minority populations (pretend PvPers) are a red herring. We can argue those details for months and EVE will steadily bleed players every week while we do so.

EVE needs a major change in the process of attracting and integrating new players into the game, and possibly something to pull older players back and keep them around for more than a couple weeks before they walk away in disgust/boredom/disappointment again.

This, completely. You can’t keep putting restrictions and nerfs and limits on a dying game and pray that somehow you will hit the right combination of disabling features that what is left behind is now somehow magically ‘better’.

CCP desperately needs to make the game more interesting and more interactive and more varied. Not keep whittling things down until there is only a toothpick left.

1 Like