Solo pvp Probe

Hi!! Does anybody have some interesting fits for solo pvp probe? Expanded probe louncher is necessarily. Its expected to be useble in wh, ls, 0-sec space. And have 100 dps per sec and active tank. Thanks for your help.

Solo PVP Probe, the T1 Frigate right?

I have had some successful solo PVP Probe fits, but none with an expanded probe launcher. It just doesnt have the CPU to be combat effective at that point. Unless ALL you hunt miners or unarmed T1 ships.

Try looking at the Heron

Inspired by this video i made that probe: https://zkillboard.com/kill/72496790/
Also i make 2 rep fit. But i mean some interesting and unexpected. Which i cannot find by googling “solo Probe Eve”. Expanded louncher used for instolling rage conrtrol. Thanks again.

1 Like

i think the expanded probe launcher gimps the fit. that missing lowslot from the Co-Processor could have gone for something else. a Damage Control for example.

i’d rather use it like this:

[Probe, Probe fit]

Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
200mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates

1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Stasis Webifier II
Warp Scrambler II
Stasis Webifier II

200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet EMP S
200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet EMP S
Core Probe Launcher I

Small Anti-Explosive Pump I
Small Anti-Kinetic Pump I
Small Ancillary Current Router I

Hobgoblin II x3
Hornet II x3

and in fact, i would swap the probe for a roket launcher II with navy or T2 rockets as an extra punch (scan everything first then swap to full combat, swap back again to probing once finished).

another thing to note is the double web, if not needed one can swap one of those for a SeBo with ECCM script (just in case, and also because of the inherent bonuses of increased sensor against combat probes)

if you want a good solo explorer you need to look at the buzzard, heron or astero. everything else is trash

You are asking for the impossible. While combat T1 probe fits are possible, and can be great fun to counter cloaky campers in relic sites, they are not possible with an expanded probe launcher. That launcher takes enough CPU that most ships that fit it will be useless for combat. The exceptions are T3 destroyers, which get a fitting bonus for the launchers. Also T3 cruisers can fit it and still be quite capable combat ships, but a T3 cruiser without an expanded launcher will generally be more capable.

But ask yourself why you need an expanded launcher? A T1 exploration ship is quite engagable, people will be hunting you down, so there generally will be no need to scan down ships for fights. Generally a regular probe launcher will be enough to find other explorers.

i just assumed he would refit w/ mobile depot

Yeap. But the idea is to warp suddenly to scanned ship. And kill it faster then he admits that he is locked. Using mechanic of instascan. That is great advantage of expanded louncher. T3d looks dangerous on dscan but Probe with t1 coreprobes doesn’t. Combat probes with propper skill willnot stay longer than 7 sec on d scan. So first I use Swipul to do the same work. But now i doungraded to Probe. Becouse i can. And its mutch more surprising. So maybe some AShB or 2 AShB or t2 ShB probes I miss. Maybe kitting one? With Mwd… so this topic created for scan frig funs, who will deep inside fitting enough for developing somthing Great!!!

Thank you for your advice!! The one is helpful. Does sensor buster with ESSM influence upon my combat probes? Or just it make more difficult scanning my ship…

there’s an equation that calculates how easy you are to be scanned by combat probes. if my memory serves rights it something like Signature Radius/Sensort Strength. the smaller the result the harder it will be to be scanned down, there was a time where people were virtually unscannable but this was changed so the limit now is 1,08 and only probers with full skills and probably implants will be able to get the 100% to get you.

a single SeBo with ECCM script wont do that but its still a countermeaser for ECM in case the enemy throws some Hornet-EC300 and you’re still a bit harder to scan down.

[Probe, neut probe]
Small Gremlin Compact Energy Neutralizer
150mm Light AutoCannon II, Hail S
150mm Light AutoCannon II, Hail S

Medium Shield Extender II
1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier
J5b Enduring Warp Scrambler

Micro Auxiliary Power Core I
Damage Control II
Gyrostabilizer II

Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

Hobgoblin II x1
Warrior II x1
Hobgoblin II x1
Hobgoblin II x1
Warrior II x1
Warrior II x1
This Probe Should be refit with mobile depot after scaning all sig in system. Main idea to break active tank. It has 4000+ ehp to stand long enough. And 110 dps.

Discord invitation for solo scaner ship fans

This my Probe.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.