WH Stratios explo/pvp fit

Hello everyone ! Long time on and off player here. Never really became what can be called even average PVP-er but hey, that doesn`t stop me from trying. Anyhow, I wanted some feedback on some fit for a stratios that would be used for WH exploration (and PVP if the opportunity arises).

I`ve mainly flown astero until now and I am quite “panicy” when the shooting starts but I imagine that has more to the with the criminal lack of pvp experience rather than anything else.

Anyway, here is a fit I kinda came up with. I`ve seen some fits that replace the turrets with neuts and vamps but I kinda focus on the dps ( I know, neuting someone has significant benefits than some measily 40-50dps but I cant help it).

I am looking for suggestions or outright replacement fits if you have something handy and useful for my purposes.

[Stratios, *WH SET f]
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
1600mm Steel Plates II
Medium Armor Repairer II

Medium Cap Battery II
Ligature Integrated Analyzer
50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier
Warp Disruptor II

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Sisters Core Probe Launcher
Small Focused Pulse Laser II

Medium Trimark Armor Pump II
Medium Anti-Explosive Pump II

Federation Navy Hobgoblin x5
Vespa EC-600 x5
Republic Fleet Valkyrie x5

Now some justification.

Obviously I will be focusing on exploration and regarding the fighting (being the coward that I am) if I even decide to enter PVP it would be against an inferior opponent so that is the reason for having small pulse lasers. I intend to use imperial standart charges to keep range around 5-8km in order to keep the webifier working.
I come up with 220 ish dps with the hobgoblins(about 55 from the guns) .
imagine it will go a bit higher (since my char is alpha as I havent bought plex this month). Armour res is about 60% across the board (em being a bit higher) with armour hp at 13k. I was thinking of changing the MWP with an afterburner but it seems Ill be quite slow with it and havent quite made my mind about that.

I imagine all this might seem quite naive (and it likely is) but that so far seems somewhat reasonable fit for what I want to do (how successfull will that be remains to be seen).

Anyway, any suggestions and advice will be useful.

Cheers!
o7

Doing exploration and hunting other explorers at the same time is good fun. A couple points of advice.

1. If you are still getting crazy nerves during pvp, consider sticking with the cheaper astero. That said, it’s your gameplay.

2. A good rule of thumb is to not mix tank types (shield/armor or active/buffer). Experienced pvpers will find exceptions to this but I don’t think that’s you yet. Since your rigs are buffer I assume that is your fitting preference so I would advise dropping the repper for a dcu. Keep in mind that a buffer statios is good against smaller things but if a T3C or a group jumps on you while running a site the poor align time will likely get you caught unless you cloak quickly.

3. The integrated analyzers are pretty bad. Fit a relic one since those sites are much better and bring a mobile depot to refit a data if you want to.

4. Many of your targets will be warp core stabbed and fit with nanofibers to make a quick getaway. You are an ambush predator, use a faction scram for the extra point of warp disruption and only uncloak to tackle in scram range. Additionally use your mobile depot again to refit your analyzer to a sensor booster to increase your lock speed. Also refit a repper to repair after a fight.

5. You already know this, but neuts are the best fitting choice for your high slots. They are much more effective than the measly 40 dps you mentioned. Also make sure you fill your drone bay with a variety of drone sizes and damage types.

In summary here is the modified fit I would recommend for you. It requires near perfect pg fitting, if you don’t have it compact the mwd and neuts until it works.

[Stratios, Zabuza]
Medium Infectious Scoped Energy Neutralizer
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Medium Infectious Scoped Energy Neutralizer
Sisters Core Probe Launcher
Small Energy Neutralizer II

50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Stasis Webifier II
Caldari Navy Warp Scrambler
Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 800
Relic Analyzer II

Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
1600mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates

Medium Anti-Explosive Pump II

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice. I will make the suggested changes. I just lost my stratios due to stupidity (as is usual) but that is another story. No matter, I can afford the loss. At least I`ve learned the 1st law of EVE - never fly something you can’t afford to lose. Well, point taken :).

2 Likes

Everyone should lose ships every now and then imo.

2 Likes

How often do frigates escape you? Do you bookmark hacking sites and wait in ambush? Or do you prefer to actively hunt?

1 Like

I have multiple accounts so I can use separate ships for eyes and tackle which is a bit of an advantage. Sometimes I will leave sites if I think a system is likely to get traffic but I will often catch explorers as I scan down the chain. If you jump into a new system and see an explorer to hunt try to keep your ship and probes off of dscan. Get a precise dscan of their location so you only need to do 1 probe scan at 0.5 au to find the site they are at.

1 Like

I’d perhaps get into pvp with an astero at first. You can happily hunt other explorers (including pacifiers and Astero’s) and will be cheaper to replace while you learn the ropes.

2 Likes

No Drones? and you need cap booster to stay stable!

Ha drones aren’t listed because you can select them yourself. Check my recommendations, you should fill your drone bay.

And yes you need a cap booster. Cap warfare is extremely common in wormholes, a booster will mean you can keep pressuring your opponents cap while maintaining enough for your own tackle or prop mods.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.