Rate my loadout - Explo/pvp stratios

I’m an old and rusty returning player and need some advice on this loadout.
My plan is to roam low-null-wh space and jump on unsuspecting pilots.
Also, I want to scan for some high-end exploration sites on the way and refit my analyzers once I find them.
o7

306 dps with berserkers II
191 dps with valks
1m50 cap with mwd off
20k ehp
3.63 align time

[Stratios, Talon Kane’s Stratios]
Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer
Medium ‘Accommodation’ Vestment Reconstructer I
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Damage Control II

Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
50MN Microwarpdrive II
Initiated Compact Warp Disruptor
Stasis Webifier II
Warp Scrambler II

Medium Energy Nosferatu II
Medium Energy Neutralizer II
Small Energy Neutralizer II
Sisters Core Probe Launcher
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

Medium Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I
Medium Low Friction Nozzle Joints I
Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I

Valkyrie II x5
Garde I x5
Berserker II x5
Hammerhead II x5

Sisters Core Scanner Probe x24
Nanite Repair Paste x264
Standard ‘Guri Hivaa’ Cerebral Accelerator x1
Mobile depot x1
Data analyzer II x1
Relic analyzer II x1

1 Like

Seems pretty light on tank and dps for most situations. Also stratios is a magnet for bad situations as most people are dying to add you to their zkill. Mine is pretty expensive and it only sees careful use…but it is quite the tanky beast for a stratios.

[Stratios, Stratios]
Damage Control II
Dark Blood Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Corpum B-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Corpum A-Type Medium Armor Repairer

Dark Blood Warp Scrambler
Dark Blood Stasis Webifier
Dark Blood Medium Capacitor Booster, Navy Cap Booster 800
Dark Blood Cap Recharger
Federation Navy 10MN Afterburner

Improved Cloaking Device II
Sisters Core Probe Launcher, Sisters Core Scanner Probe
Corpum C-Type Medium Energy Neutralizer
Corpum C-Type Medium Energy Neutralizer
Corpum C-Type Medium Energy Nosferatu

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II

Drones to flavor although I use geckos with a combo of Gallente and Minmatar drones for the rest.

Cargo:
Strong Exile
Hardshell DB7
Nanite Repair Paste
Corpse (for good luck)
Heavy Neutron T2 Blaster x3
Void/Null/Antimatter
Mobile Depot
More Boosters including a few reloads of Navy 400s in case I am being neuted out.

indeed, it’s un expensive stratios…
And I don’t like cap recharger with cap booster.

[Stratios, Stratios neutra]

Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Medium Armor Repairer II
Damage Control II

10MN Afterburner II
Stasis Webifier II
Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 800
Stasis Webifier II
Warp Scrambler II

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Medium Energy Nosferatu II
Sisters Core Probe Launcher, Sisters Core Scanner Probe

Hornet EC-300 x5
Hammerhead II x5
Ogre II x4
Berserker II x5
Warrior II x5
Praetor II x3

Standard Exile Booster

Mine is very cheap and tank quite good but not for long. not a high dps but hope for the neutra to break the tank in front of me.
double web + ab + scramb + neut + ec-300 alow me to escape if needed. Often use in small gang in WH

Its there to make it stable with booster. I can perma run neuts as long as nos is on and I have more charges for booster. The tank is around 800-900 dps with implants and over 1000dps with drugs. With my skills its at about 400dps with perfect skills it gets about 450dps. I wouldn’t take on much over T1 BC solo but small gang it can easily handle most BS save for a few of the very high dps faction ones. Even then with drugs it can tank a vindi or nightmare leaving a rattle as the only thing to actually worry over.

With your fit I would worry about getting jumped on by basically any T3C which most will survive the neuts as well as a lot of ratting fits…especially passive shield fits. I guess give it a go and report on its viability.

1 Like

I’d try to squeeze in a thukker medium cap battery instead of the cap recharger, but that’s just me

61 pg over…even with perfect skills it just won’t fit. Pretty sure I tried a lot of configs before I settled on this one too. Also when it comes to cap warfare in PvP a booster will save you more times than the resist of a single battery anyway. Especially when you drop down to a smaller charge. The tactic is smaller bursts even when capped out between the neut cycles to allow a cycle on the reppers before you get drained again. With a battery there is no recourse…once you’re dry your dry.

1 Like

Swap the recharger not the booster. Battery gives some more neut resistance and might prevent some booster wastage. Use implant or drop down to a C or something on one of the reppers.

Comes down to preference though.

I tried it in simulator when you posted it…even though I was pretty sure I tried when I made the fit. Even with perfect skills I was way over. The reason the recharger fits is the pg/cpu is very minimal. There aren’t many modules that will fit that are even useful to the fit I posted anyway which is why I used it in the first place. You’re welcome to mess around with it and show me what you come up with. I am always open to a better way…especially with one of my favorite ships in the game!

It only goes like 2% over, i think an implant can take care of that. You gotta use the medium thukker though. Thukker uses less resources.

I would run a censor if it fit but unfortunately the Asklepian set I already run is worth more to me than the cap battery is.

1 Like

ahh yes. That is indeed a worthy tradeoff

I like my falcon + stratios combo when i roam solo. I have a gank fit strat with 900dps cold, combined with the falcons dps i have a total of 1k and even more if i overheat + drugs + implants.

From there i can control the field in most solo encounters, and if i cant break the enemy’s activr tank i can easily just bail out. But most cases having 1k dps or more means you can kill most ships quickly before backup arrives.

That is indeed why I carry those blasters in my cargo…as unconventional as it is considering what the ship is bonused for auto cannons or blasters actually do very well on a stratios in the right situations.

1 Like

https://zkillboard.com/kill/67957265/ here’s my go to solo roam or small gang Stratios. It’s all in “picking your target” when you gank with the stratios. Most people start flying the SoE ships before they are properly trained to do so.

2 Likes

^ Yikes. 1.2b.

2 Likes

Mines 1.5B but has 15 kill marks and is still in my hanger. Its not that big of a deal to bling one if you know how to pick your engagements.

1 Like

Do you pre scan sites and wait or do people not notice when someone else’s core probes are within 2au of them in a ded?

1 Like

That’s a pretty standard cost for most hunter Stratios fittings, I’ve seen some even reach 2b+.

Yea it is standard for people who know what they’re doing and are fully skilled in all the skills used with a stratios. However just cause you can sit in one doesn’t make flying a 1.5B stratios a good idea lol…ask me how I know this. Also…20 kill marks and still kickin it so I am happy with its life so far and I think it will be closing in on ROI soon.

1 Like

I love shield stratios, they are faster, have more DPS and perfectly suited for hit and run tactics. If you plan to fly it solo, GTFO capabilities are a safer bet than tank.