Stratios WH / PVP / PVE / EXP

Hello,

Started messing around with wh / exploration and I wanted to spend more time in there. I wanted to get some advice from experienced players for a ship that can survive there for longer periods, like the Stratios. My big thing is the fit. Should I go for an ancillary / dual rep fit or should I go for armor buffer plate? Ive eliminated the shield fit due to severe limitations on what I can do with it.

I want to be able to do hacking / exploration, while at the same time occasional hunting PVP and maybe some PVE.

I figure the reppers + cap battery might give me some opportunity to also run some easier C1-C2 maybe C3 and also PVP. The plate fit would not allow that, because of the rigs involved which I cannot swap out of mobile depot.

For PVP both would work I guess, I would have a MD with me, for refit for exploration mid slot and refit high slots between neuts / 220mm ac / maybe light neutrons. From what I see, the reppers limit my time in the WH due to the cap boosters required.

I have very high skills, PVP maxed out for most sub cap ships.

Any advice or tips would greatly appreciated!

Thanks

1 Like

i too want to know how to use my hacking skills to defeat station encryption but i dont know where to look the map is huge.i only have 2 types of scaners the cevilian and relic all data types.

So what im asking is directions to a station for hacking perpeses.

I think that basically you are going to be told that any attempt to crossfit between anything and PVP is a bad idea. But I think the real trouble is that PVP is such a wide range of activities and roles that any suggestion of a crossfit is going to be too random to match your needs. I mean, I am not even completely sure if you mean solo PVP or not, and thatā€™s huge.

But I will say if you are going to do both hacking and relic hunting (and it seems likely) you will probably want a ligature integrated analyzer so you can free up a mid slot.

2 Likes

I wanted to use an MD to refit the high / mid slots as needed if im in ā€œpvp modeā€. It would be mostly solo pvp I imagine, as I can pick my battles most of the time. But the big dilema is between going a buffer fit and repper fit.

Hola,
Both aproaches are valid.

Here is quintessential read about Stratios from wonderful Ashy in Space:

Another fit which can be easily refited for hacking:

Damage Control II
Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Reactive Armor Hardener

50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Drone Navigation Computer II
Warp Disruptor II

Medium Energy Neutralizer II
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Medium Infectious Scoped Energy Neutralizer
Sisters Core Probe Launcher
Medium Infectious Scoped Energy Neutralizer

Medium Polycarbon Engine Housing II
Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

This right here. You can throw on a relic analyzer or data analyzer if you want to hack. You can hunt bigger stuff, and I would go neuts over guns for PVP. The extra DPS from guns is minimal, but the neuts will shut down active tanks.

If youā€™re mostly exploring and occasionally hunting other explorers Iā€™d go for the Astero. The Startios is fun, but itā€™s a brick compared to the Astero. Iā€™ve flown both, but it depends on what you want to focus on,

I guess my main thing would be to do my own exploration and occasional PVP. I like the Astero but its hard pressed to take on more beefy targets. It does warp very fast though.

@BalticBeast14 - On the fit linked above, you have rigs for speed / align, instead of armor pumps / accelerators. I supposed you only intend to kill more squishy targets with that fit?

Another question - saw some shield fits, they seem a little awkward but they do give the option to PVE some? Is it worth it?

This is what I have right now - I know it can handle PVP but what about PVE in this?

[Stratios, WH / PVP - Dual Rep w/o Booster]

ā€˜Meditationā€™ Medium Armor Repairer I
Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Reactive Armor Hardener
Multispectrum Energized Membrane II

Federation Navy 10MN Afterburner
Stasis Webifier II
Caldari Navy Warp Scrambler
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Thukker Large Cap Battery

Small Energy Neutralizer II
Small Energy Neutralizer II
Medium Ghoul Compact Energy Nosferatu
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Sisters Core Probe Launcher

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Explosive Armor Reinforcer I
Medium Nanobot Accelerator II

Hammerhead II x5
Infiltrator II x6
Ogre II x1
Ogre II x4
Valkyrie II x5
Warrior II x7

Inherent Implants ā€˜Squireā€™ Power Grid Management EG-602

Nanite Repair Paste x600
Sisters Core Scanner Probe x12
Mobile Depot x1
Data Analyzer I x1
Relic Analyzer I x1
Small Energy Neutralizer II x1
Medium Energy Nosferatu II x2
Small Hull Repairer II x1
50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive x1
Sisters Core Probe Launcher x1
Stasis Webifier II x1

I meanā€¦asteros can kill tengus and still do explo sitesā€¦

How would that happen? Be nearly impossible to break the tank from what ive seen but im no expert lol

Iā€™ve seen it linked plenty of times lolā€¦ separate kills that is

The rigs would enhance repair output, but it wouldnā€™t make a big difference. The fit isnā€™t for brawling. It canā€™t take huge punishment regardless of the rigs, since it relies on a single ancillary repper. Itā€™s going to be run overheated, will be very cap efficient in terms of HP repaired, but essentially itā€™s another kind of buffer tank, not able to run indefinitely. On the other hand, the astronautic rigs make it very fast, which is very handy in order to catch anything. It is capable proven fit. Itā€™s strenght is elsewhere, not in brawling.

Shield fit Stratios isnā€™t heresy, I donā€™t fancy it though. Itā€™s a niche or in many cases just garbage.

It all depends on what PvE. Itā€™s certainly viable. But I think that you will find the DPS and the ancillary repper not that great in PvE.

Itā€™s not a cheap Stratios, around 550mil including cargohold, yet the bling doesnā€™t translate into something really visible. There are probably fitting reasons for that though.

Once the ancillary repper will run out of paste, then you will be repping less than 190EHP/sec from omni damage with the second repper, before the ancillary will recharge in 1 minute. 190EHP/sec is nothing fancy for a brawling ship for 550mils. It has little buffer without Damage control fitted. If you donā€™t finish your oponent(s) before the ancillary repper will run out of charges, then it could be problem since you are comitted in brawling with ā€œnoā€ buffer and ā€œnoā€ repping power.

Buffer fit would be likely more efficient and less expensive than this specific fit. But buffer rigs would be liability for PvE ā€¦ isnā€™t fitting in EVE wonderful? :slight_smile:

Two sisters core probe launchers (one of them fitted and second one in cargohold) is just a more expensive killmail. Stratios has huge drone bay, why not to use at least 1 flight of faction drones which are more durable than T2 and flight of EC-300, instead of only T2 drones? Neuting power is low.
ā€œMeditation Medium Armor Repairer Iā€ and combination of ā€œLarge Compact Pb-Acid Cap Batteryā€ with ā€œThukker Large Cap Batteryā€ are strange.

Please donā€™t take this as a mean critique, itā€™s not meant that way. Your fit is logical and not ā€œwrongā€. Yet, it could be better.

Cheers,

Thanks for the analysis BalticBeast . I guess what im looking for is to be able to do the C5 sever banks and some other guarded data / relic sites in C1-C3.

For the C5 server neuting sleepers, would a dual repper with two large cap batteries be enough to survive? Would they neut me out and kill me before I can kill them? Im aware of using ecm drones not trigger the second wave. Would I survive a second wave?

For the PVP, I dont really want to get into any heavy brawling matches, maybe occasional, but I want to be able to hold my own.

Regarding the extra probe launcher in my previous fit that was an error :slight_smile:

I used the PB large cap bettery vs two thukkers because of trying to keep the cost down. Not sure if its worth it.

For PVE, the nanite paste thing does make me dependent on getting more of it, which would limit my time doing PVE and being able to get into fights.

You made a good pick, honestly. The Stratios with dual reps, dual cap batteries, and a mobile depot is good for almost anything in low class WH space. With a MD, you can refit and still pvp effectively. Chance Ravinne has a lot of good fits that can be unblinged easily and still be effective.

For pvp, I recommend an AB fit, and picking your targets carefully. Being cloaky, you should get the drop on your target and not need much in the way of speed to chase them. So the AB will help mitigate damage in web range. Alsoā€¦ donā€™t forget the drugs and some cheap drug implants. Theyre less than 1m for the 9 and 10 slot drug implants and help a lot with drugs. Drugs are good, mā€™kay? Standard exile costs ~4m a dose, and is the same as upgrading all your reppers from T2 to A-type, and your rigs to T2. Worth it in a close fight.

Wishing you dank bloot and good kills!

Thanks for the feedback. I prefer the AB for PVP as wellWill the dual cap batteries and drugs let me do C5 Server Bank sleeper first wave only? With those neuting rats, to kill enough before I run out of cap, and keep the last one alive to not trigger the second wave?

Check out this video for running C5 sites in a Statios

Just my 2 cents as a trashy low class WH hunter who uses a Stratios, that active fit will die very fast against a buffer fit Stratios. It is likely 50/50 against an explorer Stratios, which really isnā€™t good. If you are going to PVP you donā€™t want to start out in a 50/50 situation and certain loss against someone actually hunting you (a buffer fit).

Moral of the story is that you really shouldnā€™t try to do both in one package, either fit for PVE and being evasive or fit for PVP and start the fight with the upper hand. I wouldnā€™t even recommend a drone boat for WH sites because you have to manage the drones pretty closely and that keeps you from spamming Dscan like a crack addict.

3 Likes

I saw this but its a shield fit, recharge based. Would be terrible in PVP.

I agree, but if you are looking for something to run sites it works. Either you fit for PVE or PVP. I was just throwing it out there since you mentioned running C5 sites

Sorry, I meant the one in the Ashey article Skriven. Really any of the active fit ones will be bad for the PVP the OP is going to find, I am assuming he will be solo here. The reality being that the best WH targets for a solo pilot are PVE ships, and the buffer tank is the best choice in most situations.

Very good points, my intention is maybe LIGHT pvp. I guess but 80% exploration and some site running, with occasional light pvp.

So the general consensus is that a buffer armor stratios would be better for PVP than an active armor dual rep version?