Does Stratios can do it?

Hey, there mate! I hope you’re doing well.

While playing EVE, a thought came to my mind, “Most of the relic and data sites are either forgotten or unsecured. It’ll be impossible for me to clear them with my Astero or Heron.” Yeah mate, I am Alpha and I like to explore for a living. It is difficult for me to buy Omega with real money since I got issues in real life. As an alpha, I do earn lots of ISK like 30-40 mil ISK in a single WS run but it takes a lot of time as most of the sites are forgotten or unsecured and I skip them after scanning. I know how to hack. I am very much experienced and can hack with ease while being an alpha.

So, my question is that is there is a ship which is efficient for both taking down C1 or C2 sleepers and exploration or stratios is good enough for taking down sleepers and exploration or not?

You might say that I could work with a buddy but I am a loner and try to learn by experience by losing and dying. Please don’t recommend Gnosis because I’ve tried it and it didn’t work out. I am giving my fit below, please comment that weather is it good or not. If you’ve any other fittings, you are free to give. If you’ve any other ship in mind, you can give with fittings but remember I’m an Alpha.

Stratios: Exploration fit

High: Sisters Core Probe Launcher
Focused Medium Pulse Laser II

Mid: 50MN Microwrap drive
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Data Analyzer I
Relic Analyzer I
PL-0 Scoped Cargo Scanner

Low: Damage Control II
1600mm Steel Plates II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Rig: Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I
Medium Trimark Armor Pump I
Medium Sentry Damage Augmentor I

Drone: Hammerhead II x5
Hobgoblin II x5

Cargo: Core Scanner Probe I x16
Scorch M x3
Conflagration M x3

Thanks for the help!!
Fly safe o7

1 Like

why would you bastardize EFT formatting? It only adds an opposite of convenience…

2 Likes

That fit, with alpha skills, will probably be able to clear and hack c1 (the easiest wormhole class) relic sites. Just beware that you’re risking a 400m ship to run sites that drop about 10m though, is it really worth it?

As for the fit:

• You have a sentry drone rig, but no sentry drones in your drone bay.
  • I would drop the analyzers and cargo scanner and fit cap mods (or another tracking link) in the mids. Use a mobile depot to fit appropriate analysers once you finish clearing the rats.
  • Carry multiple flights of drones, of multiple sizes (including heavies to take out BS.) Sleepers really like munching on drones.
  • Without a covert cloak, a stratios is about as useful as a vexor navy issue.
1 Like

as an AiO solution for scanning, fighting and hacking it is better.

I’d also suggest to use ‘Clavicula’ analyzer - it is a godsend for Alpha pilots that has higher virus strength and gets coherence bonuses from both hacking skills. It will also free one of mid slots.

2 Likes

Be careful, a locked Stratios can’t cloak.
WH gankers love shiny prey involved in and weakened by NPC fights…

1 Like

Well mates I see that, can you suggest some other ships for similar purpose?

The regular, non-combat hacking sites drop more isk worthy loot in my experience.
This is how well this game is balanced.

If u wanna earn money with combat hacking sites u have to loot the sleeper wrecks.
I dont recmmend doing that in Stratios.

2 Likes

I understand but maybe I can try it in the test server to check.

1 Like

I’ve never really done this to be fair so I’m not sure how well it would work or if it is even worth it. But my suggestion would to go through the hole after you have everything probed down in simple wormhole myrmidon or drake and clear the npcs. Then do the hacks. A stratios can probably do the sites quite easily but it will take a great many low class wormhole sites to make up the isk you spend on it. Myrmidon is much more cost effective and can be insured. You can scan and hack them in the myrm as well if you have good enough skills, just drop a depot and refit.

This is the wiki recommended myrmidon fit, it looks fine. In lower class wormholes you can refit some lows to dps to clear the sites faster. You’ll get the balance right through your own research and experience. Remember to loot the sleepers/use an mtu.

[Myrmidon, C3]
425mm AutoCannon II, Barrage M
Prototype Cloaking Device I

10MN Afterburner II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

Beta Reactor Control: Shield Power Relay I
Power Diagnostic System II
Power Diagnostic System II

Medium Core Defense Field Purger I

1 Like

My Minmatar alt did most of the C1 stuff in a Stabber and a Hurricane, and after finishing the rats he hacked the site with a Probe. C2 sites are easily finished in a Tempest. But of course, an accessible station nearby is very helpful.
All these are way cheaper than a strat, and for you cannot cloak while fighting anyway, the disadvantage is only minor.
The Stratios is cool for surveillance and PvP in the wh.

1 Like

I see…but if the venture into the wormholes, scan and switch to my PvE ship to clear rats, it’ll take a lot of time. I just want a ship who is both for clearing rats in Forgotten or Unsecured sites and hacking…

Very big ship might be a problem

Honestly, as an alpha your options are limited. I don’t know for certain whether you can reliably clear the hacks with an unbonused ship but I would give it a shot at the very least. The stratios is an expensive hull for a new player and odds are very high that it will die before it pays for itself. The myrmidon might be inconvenient, but it’s incredibly cost effective.

That being said, the stratios is probably the best option available to you for what you have in mind, although it’s an absolute sin to use it without a covert ops cloak. Meanwhile you should train towards a t3c which will be much more effective if/when you decide to sub. Any race will do, but the loki or tengu is probably the best, followed by the legion, and proteus last.

Besides that I would really suggest you set up an alt. You can train it into a myrmidon or dominix and use it to clear the sites, then follow behind it with your scanner ship. Alts and multiboxing are a big part of eve, especially in wormholes. The sooner you make the character the sooner it will be usable. If you’re interested or uncertain how, I’m more than happy to write you a massive wall of text on the topic. In fact I might do it anyway lol.

1 Like

Thanks mate!! It’s very appreciated. Actually, I am in a mission to collect all the costly ships which can be used by alpha no matter how much it costs. Mainly I am interested in the Rattlesnake. I find wormholes interesting because I experience a ‘thrill’ factor in it and EVE is about enjoyment. I find hacking interesting because combat doesn’t provide me with much ISK and it takes a lot of time with my semi-passive Drake. And it’s a pain for me to spend so much time scanning only Forgotten or Unsecured sites for hours. Maybe I could try a Myrmidon to clear and hack because I am pretty experienced and I’ve hack most of the hardest level of containers with my level 1 analyzers and Astero.

Bro, you can type anything you want. I want help from experts and it makes me happy that people are very friendly to help :smile:

1 Like

GameGuardian
if you like the chill of explo in wh, and hacking, and you don’t like combat against npcs, why, by the name of god… euh… of BOB… do you want to clear unsecured or forgotten relic sites? Just run an explo ship and hack pirates (serpentis/sannsha/etc) sites that you find in C1-C2-C3 wormholes. No npcs on them, same loot as in null sec. When it is done jump through one of the other whs you have scanned (tip: when it is written “leads to unknow place” it leads to a c1-2-3), rinse and repeat.

1 Like

Well, this happens if everyone leaves them untouched because they came with a frig, so that is perfectly normal.
Be aware that the blue loot of the sleepers there is quite worthy, but you don’t receive any bounty. Salvage is valuable, too, but in the salvaging time you are exposed to threats as well.

1 Like

Well mate, I’m not saying that I don’t like combat but I am saying that I want a ship which is both efficient in hacking and combat…I mean the forgotten or unsecured sites. And it’s not simple to just scan down anomalies since most of the sites I get is covered by NPCs. It’s true I get pirate sites but not quite often and it takes a lot of time. So, I want a ship which is efficient for both hacking and combat.

I know that buddy but some sites have battle ships (which summons in the last wave). And it is quite powerful. I’ve seen other guides. I want a ship which can take down those sleeps and hack. I do get Pirate sites but not quite often and whenever I get an unsecured or forgotten site, I usually think of a way to clear the sleepers.

Perhaps a Gnosis. It has probe strength bonus and is quite cheap, but also powerful.

Bro, I’ve tried it. Yeah it can clear some sleepers but I was easily destroyed by some cruisers and BS. Maybe a semi-passive Drake with mobile depot could easily do it. I can change to my analyzers on the go. It’ll be difficult for me to hack cans but its worth a try.

This is why people live in wormholes. Anchor a citadel in the wormhole, and you can clear sites to your heart’s content.

Of course, you sacrifice easy access to high sec doing this, but if you’re a decent scanner it’s not too hard to find a good high sec connection for when you need to go shopping.