Hehe… yeah… “some work” he says.
On it with the CovOps cloak. Don’t have Cloaking IV trained up yet, that’s the only reason for the Prototype. I’m staying somewhat close to home for the time being until I get that fitted, it’s a compromise and a risk but I’m willing to deal with it for the time being. I need to figure out what I’m doing anyway so it’s helping make some good habits in the meantime. I check my cloak A LOT when I’m sitting stationary. I feel that’s a good thing.
AIF II was coming out in this refit. Shields just don’t last for ■■■■. It was on a number of builds I saw for it so I tossed it on, but it’s not useful here.
Sensor booster was tossed on to fill an empty slot. At the time I was thinking that I would try to go very long range and try to stay out of fire, perhaps even be able to reduce the tank. I had Beam lasers on there initially, but my first couple of sites were up close and I felt they weren’t right. Everything I hit yesterday I was slowboating into range to bring the lasers to bear, so I was about to put them back on after I tested the Gecko, but I got popped. Any advice there?
Again, tracking comp was filling a slot and trying to round out some skills. I think I want to focus more on drones, though. The boat has good bonuses for them, and I was flying Gallente before anyway so I have some good base in drones. Glad to hear that I’m moving in the right direction.
On it with the T2 upgrades. I was mining before and started doing some combat missions when Hulkageddon started. It was supposed to be a month like it always was, then it stretched to 2 months, then it was announced that it was going to be Hulkageddon forever. I’m dating myself here, is Hulkageddon even a thing? If not, perhaps I’ll entertain the kids with stories of it some day.
Anyway, I don’t have a lot of combat oriented skills leveled up to V yet. I’m decent on drone skills, but only had Light and Medium up to V. I’m working on the rest. Everything that isn’t T2 right now is the best I could fit without spending too much, because I expected the thing to end up in a fireball. I was happy I made it out 2 nights in a row before it blew.
I was looking at removing the pulse lasers last night, trying to decide what to use instead. I’m not explicitly looking to PvP with this, but I wouldn’t mind being able to hold me own the next time I get jumped. I don’t need a probe launcher with this build, when I’m exploring properly I won’t be going out alone. This boat needs to provide the muscle for the time being, however.
I had needed the CUrrent Router and Cap Control Circuit rigs to fit the modules, so I didn’t do armor here. If I pull the lasers both of those problems go with it, along with freeing up 3 mids based on your advice so I’ll follow convention on them here and add at least one cap batter.
If I can get cap stable with dual reps, which I probably can with the changes listed here, I would love to ditch the extra armor. I would very much like to be quick and nimble for what I’m going to be doing. I may squeeze in a warp core stabilizer if I don’t have to sacrifice something more important.
I’m sure I need more skills to be on the level I want to be at. No question there. I’m looking to see what I can get away with now, because I’m stubborn and impatient. I’m expecting to pop a few hulls in the process, and this is not a cheap one. It’s not that money is no object but I’m willing to invest a few rounds at this before I decide it’s a terrible stupid idea. I’m trying not to be too much of an idiot about it, though. I took a stab in the dark at a build and I don’t think it worked out, so I’m here looking for advice. I hope it doesn’t sound like I’m being argumentative about your points, I’m just trying to be conversational. I really appreciate the advice.