Stratios brainstorming

So I got over my phase of “what’s the point of a Stratios anyways” as soon as I queued up skills for a Legion. Flown it twice, died twice, not at all isk positive but goddamn if it wasn’t FUN.

So, I’ve been brainstorming Stratios fits ever since my short break from Eve, using the Ashy in Space rep Stratios as a base, and swapping from oversized prop fit to normal prop (yes its very questionable but i dont like overprop, dont mind me lol), and switching from the weak neuts on that fit to 54 Gj/s, 400+ drone dps, 800-1.1k ehp/s Stratios, with one purpose and one purpose only, killing Ishtars.

From this I’ve got two fits currently, which I will link below.

[Stratios, 2020 Armour Rep Strat]

‘Meditation’ Medium Armor Repairer I
Reactive Armor Hardener
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Reactor Control Unit II
Shadow Serpentis Medium Armor Repairer

10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Stasis Webifier II
Warp Disruptor II
Medium F-RX Compact Capacitor Booster

Medium Energy Neutralizer II
Medium ‘Ditch’ Energy Neutralizer
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Explosive Armor Reinforcer I
Medium Nanobot Accelerator II

Acolyte II x5
Infiltrator II x5
Ogre II x4
Republic Fleet Bouncer x4
Valkyrie II x5
Vespa EC-600 x5
Warrior II x5

Standard Exile Booster
Agency ‘Hardshell’ TB5 Dose II

[Stratios, Lancia]

‘Meditation’ Medium Armor Repairer I
Reactive Armor Hardener
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Reactor Control Unit II
Shadow Serpentis Medium Armor Repairer

10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Stasis Webifier II
Warp Disruptor II
Thukker Large Cap Battery

Small Energy Neutralizer II
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Explosive Armor Reinforcer I
Medium Nanobot Accelerator II

Acolyte II x5
Infiltrator II x5
Ogre II x4
Republic Fleet Bouncer x4
Valkyrie II x5
Vespa EC-600 x5
Warrior II x5

Standard Exile Booster
Agency ‘Hardshell’ TB5 Dose II

Both of these are still extremely dubious, especially the dual cap booster one, but running incursions is giving me plenty isk to test these in game so why not? Would love some more ideas or just plain crazy fits you guys prefer more to test out for myself.

Also this was my first time using Pyfa to run the numbers on every small detail. Is this what hell feels like?

Neut drone boats have always done well, esp against active tank peeps.

If you actually face a competent ish pilot, it’ll become a micro manage war of drones as you’ll wanna probably take his drones out and vice versa.

After embarassingly losing two Stratioses to two drone boats, I have learnt my lesson.

1 Like

It happens. Just gotta take out their drones while you neut the ship.

Just alot of re-targeting as you’ll pull in drones to break lock and whatnot.

Aye, will do.

I’m pretty bad at pvp, my best kill was soloing a Drek in an Ishtar, but aside from that I haven’t pulled off anything great yet… Looking to kill an Ishtar with this, since that’s been one of my main goals in Eve ever since entering null haha.

We all were at first so don’t feel bad. :wink:

Start smaller with more affordable ships?

We all were starting off. And to be perfectly honest, we still are. Every engagement is a learning opportunity. Win or loose. Actually, if you don’t learn something about the engagement, even if you win, you’ve lost.

The fact that you’re out there doing it makes you better than the majority of players hiding in high sec and null for that matter.

I suggest solo frigate pvp. It’s dirt cheap, fast paced and oodles of fun.

I left my null corp (Brave, no they are very cool but the null lifestyle just got stale for me haha) for that. Trust me, I’m having great fun here.

I just enjoy flying Stratioses for the cloaky, surprise neut boat playstyle, which I absolutely adore. Recently lost another, but learnt some more stuff from it, AND it was pretty fun!

As I said, left null corp to be in hisec corp that does frigate and dessie free for alls (once made the one who started the whole thing scream on discord because i packed tracking disruptors on my battle heron :wink: )

I simply enjoy the playstyle of the Stratios, so I simply grind some isk and buy one occassionally. …One day I’ll gank an Ishtar successfully. Maybe. Ha.

Once you can fly Legion there is almost no point. However, to train a t3c requires ton of time and money. Hence the point is that you can have covert cloaky cruiser with decent firepower with very low entry bar - it needs very little skills. It can also by flown by alphas who sure can’t use cloak and newly t2 medium drones, but it still is pretty good ship for highsec signatures and escalations.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.