The Stratios

Only 2 ship names make me blow chunks harder than anything else when it comes to ships on eve. The Stabber and the Stratios. Clearly as you can tell I’m not a huge fan. Anyway I took to the skies of some random corner of low security space to do various activities. I knew that the stratios had a limited tank but I dared not expect it to get its rear end handed to it by a pack of frigates and some cruisers. I came to the conclusion that the Stratios is just a big frigate. I’ve seen and used the stratios as a neutralizer boat in PVP. But for PVE it feels useless.

Am I alone in this opinion?
Does anyone have a ratting fit that’s good for anything other than high sec.

Most folks fit it wrong (IMO). Sure it has a energy weapon bonus but using lasers gimps the rest of the fit. Fit it like a Gal drone boat, shield or armor. Don’t focus on the guns, you’ll find a nice balance somewhere.

6 Likes
click for a fit
[Stratios, double rep]
Medium Armor Repairer II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Cap Recharger II

Medium Gremlin Compact Energy Neutralizer
Small Energy Neutralizer II
Small Energy Neutralizer II
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Sisters Core Probe Launcher

Medium Ancillary Current Router I
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Low Friction Nozzle Joints I

Hobgoblin II x10
Praetor I x5
Hornet EC-300 x10
Curator I x5

Sisters Core Scanner Probe x16
Tracking Speed Script x1
Optimal Range Script x1

Yes, you are.

You have to put an armor plate on to run ghost sites or your Stratios will not make it home again.

The Stratios is more of a covert ops cruiser, so you can do relic and data sites and fend of some regular NPCs like Gurista, Serpentis, blood raider, Sansha or Rogue Drones.
However, there is a reason why DED complexes rated 5 or higher allow battleships inside.
You should give beam lasers a chance for PVE. If you are not shooting angel cartel ships or Guristas pirates, they will do just fine.

Don’t believe that the value your fitting screen shows as “dps” is the only important value on that screen. The value to the right of that value may provide more insight.

Tha is for assuming I dont know what drones are. Maybe I should have provided more context in my original post. I usually run any combat site I can get into with my T3. My original idea was to do smaller sites in a less expensive ship. Obviously I wouldn’t take a stratios into a 5/10, solo, it does feel like a force recon, squishy, meant for a different purpose.

I wasn’t talking about drones but beam lasers.

You should have led with that.

The Rook can be fit like a Drake which doesn’t appear on the d-scan. She just costs a tad more.

Yes it sucks in PVE compared to alternatives. I guess peoples use it because of the cloaking and thus safety of travelling.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.