Some whining about anti-RPG changes

Hello fellow players!

My old capsuleer was a solo carebear without doing much worth mentioning, this one is about to become one too. Also I may be overly rejective about anything that is new… But I can’t resist the urge to spew some drama and salt! So here you are.

For me the most attractive about Eve is its world’s depth and what it comes with, it’s freedom. You can feel lost by seeing a world with its many stars, factions, technologies. Also you feel free because you can do so many things in many different ways.

So I am worried about seeing these because they make New Eden feel less like home, bordering on being a mockery of the game:

1. Activity tracking and achievements are intrusive. Would welcome an option to hide them permanently. At least for Omegas?
  2. Agency and similar “top-down” stuff are against the spirit of immersion and exploration (secrets are not secrets anymore).
  3. Daily gifts out of thin air, also can’t be turned off: they would be much more tolerable with some ingame story around them and if available only as a station service *, maybe advertised through a billboard?
  4. Popups about events, special offers: please give an option to hide these. Or at least make them more integrated to the game world (see 3.).
  5. Other little random things that seemingly got simplified. Add some anti-QOL changes please for the win!
    5.a) Remember seeing a much more diverse mineral content of ores which seemed more exciting than the current one, also giving stuff to think/calculate about seems fun.
    5.b) Other example: being able to put on only 1 module of warp core stabilizers seems like less fitting options.
    5.c) While mining frigate is nice, seems like mining without them has been nerfed, liked the option to fit a random frigate with mining lasers. A little disappointed.
  • sarcastic remark: this would also come with the benefit of giving an incentive to leave stations!

Okay, I have written that must have been written. Feeling better now. Post your opinion if any please!

5 Likes

5.c is one of the reasons I stopped playing - too much has become focussed on the specific intentions of a ship, etc. and often bonuses or features of a ship which were a little more open to possibilities have been fine tuned to specifically how the developer envisions the ship should be used i.e. Paladin having its cap stats heavily rowed back in favour of increasing the specific cap use reductions relevant to the ships main purpose.

It made the game much more interesting when you saw people innovating or applying out the box thinking or just doing something esoteric - even when it didn’t make much sense.

2 Likes

That happened because the hardcore PVP killers whined about their intended victims getting away.

Remember that when the change was put on the Test system it was going to be a +3 bonus to compensate for only 1 fit, but when it we put in live it was only +2.

That along with halving the drone bandwidth just for it being installed really killed the usefulness…much to the delight of many PVPers. :unamused:

2 Likes

Ultimately I guess having an I can win button brings in more money, in theory. The corps and alliances I was part of thrived on the challenges of stuff like that rather than moaning because someone got away because they warp stabbed stuff - I remember a couple of players were incredibly on the ball at bumping stuff out of alignment, etc.

1 Like

Even if I don’t play at all the game like you guys do, I fully understand that

And ccp should be very careful with this.

Even if most player are here more for PvP, the game must still consider other aspects. Eve is interesting as you said because of the 100 ways to play it … don’t design the game solely for the PvP guys

Even if I do PvP, I’d like to have interesting missions and RP with agencies if it was interesting, but it isn’t

I was having so much hope with the triglavian invasion and was so hyped about how it could evolve

What a massive fail it is

I am soooo disappointed

Because the game is not improving in the variety of the proposed experiences, in the end I stick with : PvP… find content and ships to kill
Yeah I shot a venture and a heron ! Wwohooo

Ffs

1 Like

Unless I am very much mistaken you can still do this.

1 Like

I. Right click notification turn off. Never see activity tracker again. Works great, I forget that it exists.

1. Don’t click on agency - job done. Nothing I do requires the agency, not sure if that is the case for everything in the game.

2. I think the daily gifts can be turned off on login, the daily challenges can be hidden by clicking on the little icons on the top.

Edit: I’ve just thought of something you have to use the agency for - escalations.

1 Like

You DO realise that +3 WCS is pretty much a 100% “lol I win” button in a 1v1 right. Realistically most PvP ships would need 2 scrams to counter that. Even with +2 they’d need scram and a point or a very expensive scram to counter it.

Do you feel it’s ok to have an “I win” button, as you put it, that works perhaps even if you have 3 people attacking you?

Activity tracking and achievements are intrusive. Would welcome an option to hide them permanently. At least for Omegas?

Just…don’t interact with the system at all?

Agency and similar “top-down” stuff are against the spirit of immersion and exploration (secrets are not secrets anymore).

Yeah, there are still secrets. The Agency makes it easier for people, esp. newer players, to know where to start looking, but it’s still their job to go dig them up. Also, expecting for there to be any real secrets in a game where all content has been basically solved indicates you’re either new to the game or naive.

Daily gifts out of thin air, also can’t be turned off: they would be much more tolerable with some ingame story around them and if available only as a station service *, maybe advertised through a billboard?

Uncheck “show on login” then. Ezpz.

Popups about events, special offers: please give an option to hide these. Or at least make them more integrated to the game world (see 3.).

While this isn’t a bad suggestion, you only have to close them once and they show up every two weeks.

Other example: being able to put on only 1 module of warp core stabilizers seems like less fitting options.

That’s how they were balanced after their changes. WCS are cancer as it is but as long as we’re going to have them we have to accept some reasonable limitations on their usefulness.

While mining frigate is nice, seems like mining without them has been nerfed, liked the option to fit a random frigate with mining lasers. A little disappointed.

This is how it’s been for years now, and it’s an actual objective improvement to the game.

Not following you on the first bit unless you count escaping as a win in a 1v1?

It does suck a bit of those playing the lone wolf style but then Eve has never been a fair environment, let alone fair 1v1 environment and sometimes things just don’t go your way.

Other than that I’m OK with it because at least in my experience most of the time if someone is warp core stabbed up they are moving a ship or hauling, etc. and there are the tools to bring to that situation such as HICs and recons like the Arazu, etc.

Escaping is winning when using a WCS, yes. It’s kinda the point.

Always saw it as a mix of losers way out and failure on my part to bring a good enough plan/setup.

Doesn’t matter how you or I feel about it, it has a use and when it does its job it’s a win.

2 Likes

In other words, when you fail you belittle the winning tactic.
That’s is what we call “a sore loser”

2 Likes

You can already disable the notifications, just open the notification settings and disable mastery notifications

Seems a bit of an over-reaction.

Do you want a tissue?

Eh? You lost me.

You mean you saw it that way 6 years ago when you actually played Eve? You have a really amazing fascination with the mechanics of a game you have no intention of playing. What else do you like? Talking about the menus of restaurants you haven’t been to in a decade? Whether or not the town you lived in 15 years ago needs a new Costco? It’s all gold. You get a lot of grief in the ganking thread but I like you.

The Outback Steakhouse’s Bloomin’ Onion makes me so mad.